The Spurs News Wire

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by The Double, May 18, 2010.

1. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Very sad news about Ugo.

2. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    i read about this (the collapse - not that it was fatal) on SC yesterday. late in the day there were some rumors floating around that he'd not pulled through, and I was more than a little bit afraid that this was what I might find online today. really really sad news. RIP Ugo.

3. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Yeah, I wondered what the deal was with him not starting.

5. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    A bit concerned over this Walker business. We should be careful not to get too excited about Trippier. Yes, I like him and clearly he looks the heir apparent at RB, but most of the games he has played have been against teams like Watford and Bournemouth who have just sat back and provided little threat going forward. When he did come up against a quality attacking player (Mendy of Monaco), he was absolutely skinned.

And where is our cover at RB if we sell Walker? Now if we have a good replacement lined up, then by all means sell him to Barca for 50 million! But please don't sell him to City...

Count Chocula repped this.
  6. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Get well soon Aaron Lennon. He's been sectioned under the mental health act, seems like he's suffered some kind of breakdown.

As a long time sufferer from depression with borderline bi-polar personality disorder, I have every sympathy with Lennon and offer up a solidarity fist bump. As a Spurs fan, I want to give the magnificent little fella a hug :cry:

7. mekarshalev

mekarshalev Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    wow, all the arse-, liver- and chelshit-origin "pundits" say that spurs will beat hammers, a year ago it would've been the opposite...

8. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  10. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Phillyspur repped this.
  11. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    The CIES Football Observatory research team rates Vincent Janssen @ 43m euros.

Someone fetch the nurse.

13. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    MLToFer Scott Parker has decided to call it a day on playing ...

"The decision to retire has not been an easy one for me but having thought long and hard over it, and having discussed it with those closest to me, I believe that now is the right time to move on to the next chapter in my life and career.

"When I started my career at Charlton Athletic all those years ago I could only have dreamt at that time just what was to follow over the next two decades. I feel incredibly honoured and proud to have enjoyed the career that I have and I've loved every moment of it.
    "I have enjoyed so many incredible moments during my career. From making my first team debut at Charlton, to playing regularly in the Premier League, playing in the Champions League to then playing in a major tournament for England, as well as ultimately fulfilling a lifelong dream by captaining my country. There are just too many highlights to mention.

"I would like to thank everyone at Charlton Athletic, Norwich City, Chelsea, Newcastle United, West Ham United, Tottenham Hotspur and Fulham for the unbelievable support that I've been shown throughout my time at each and every one of the club's I've been proud to represent.

"Thank you to the fans of all of the clubs that I've been lucky enough to play for. Your support has meant everything to me and you've supported me throughout all of the ups and downs during my career. I hope I was able to repay the faith shown in me by my commitment and performances on the pitch.
    "I would like to thank all of my teammates over the course of my career as well as the coaches and managers that I've played under. I've learnt a huge amount from everyone that I've worked with that I have no doubt will hugely benefit me in my next career chapter.

"Finally, and most importantly, I would like to thank my family for all of their unconditional love and support throughout. My wife Carly, and all of her family, and our sons Frankie, Murphy, Sonny and Rafa have been there for me through everything and I thank them from the bottom of my heart. Thank you too to my Mum and Dad, who I hope I've made proud. Without them all nothing would have been possible.

"When I was a boy I dreamt of becoming a professional football player and I feel very honoured to have accomplished my dream. I have always tried to set high standards on and off the pitch. I hope most of all throughout my career I have been a good role model not only to my sons but also to all of my teammates who played with me as well as all those who supported me.

"I'm now looking forward to the next chapter of my life and career and hope to make an announcement soon with regards to what that will be."

Significance to the newswire being ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4647556/scott-parker-tottenham-coaching-role.html

I don't know enough about our setup to make an informed comment; but as uninformed comments are right up my alley - I'd love to have him back at the club. Bottom line, though, is that if Poch wants him, that's good enough for me.

14. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was my thought I seeing the news this morning, as well. On all accounts.

Geez, what happaned - Optimism and Pessimism came together as one? :confused:

15. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  16. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is not Spurs news as such, but not worth it's own thread. I'm moving away from the Philly area soon, and a good friend made a Spurs quilt for me as a leaving gift. Hope posting the pic from my phone works so you can all see it's awesomeness. And no you can't have one. 20170625_094316.jpg

BalanceUT, mekarshalev and soccernutter repped this.
  17. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is cool!

Phillyspur repped this.
  18. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Isn't it? She got some Spurs pajamas and cut them up for the squares with the badge. I'm totally impressed.

19. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did she get an extra pair of pjs for you?

20. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Anyone know why the English players seem to still be on holiday while the rest are back in training?

21. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Harry Winks is in the England squad.

I'd like to formally cast my vote for (when Rose is fit) a 3-4-2-1, where 6 of the front 7 are Spurs players in their optimal positions. Lallana, Barkley and Sterling to have an audition each for their role as Christian Eriksen.

Trippier ---- Dier - Winks ---- Rose

Lallana ----- Alli
    Kane​

Sort the GK and defence, WORLD CUP WON.

23. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41550903

Tottenham striker Harry Kane has been named on the 30-man shortlist for the 2017 Ballon d'Or award given to the world's best player.

Remember when he was a one season wonder? I don't either.

24. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Eriksen just did a Messi and single handedly dragged his country into the world cup.

25. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    More goals than games now for the last 15 or so caps. Been insane this qualification for Denmark, arguably the overall player of the entire UEFA world cup q.

Phillyspur and BalanceUT repped this.