The Sporting Fans Only Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by Força Sporting, Nov 3, 2005.

1. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Ship him out.

2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    The timing can't be a coincidence. This happened almost a year ago and he decides to announce this a day after the market closes?

3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    BdC today for the first time admitted the possibility of stepping down. This after a contentious General Assembly which had to be abandoned because of apparent divergences in opinion leading to a heated atmosphere and allegedly even a physical altercation.

How mickey mouse is this country? We shoot ourselves in the foot with this garbage, just part of the reason we haven't won a title in so many years.

4. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Can you provide more details please.

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    #1905 fdasilva, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    From what I read on ForumSCP and the news sites, they were voting on a number of issues, and 2 of them they couldn't reach a vote. It looks like it was about getting rid of the 'Conselho Leonino' which was one of BdC's campaign promises and he basically said "why did you vote for me? because I look good? This wasn't a surprise" and afterward said that he would meet on Monday with the other directors and decide whether to step down.

EDIT: I think the big issue here is that he specifically mentioned in his speech the "landmines" that are in our club, people who are in the club but undermining the work being done at the club.

6. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BdC has done a hell of a job and forcing him out seems very shortsighted considering where the club was at just 5 years ago. I say this from a very outside perspective.

7. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    He makes mistakes and he isn’t perfect but look where we’ve come from since we’ve had BdC. We’ve come close to winning the league for the first time in years, we’re still in with a shout for winning it this year and I’ve no doubt we will win one under his reign

8. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yea agreed. He was re elected with 90% of the votes which says a lot.

I dont know if this is just a stunt or maybe he seeks another election to try and weed out the voices that remain and try and undermine him. I am certain those voices exist. One thing he needs to do is learn to accept criticism and ignore the haters. He needs to leave Facebook or go private because its too tempting for him. He was at his best when he was off social media.

9. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Maybe he should quit and take that loser ********ing coach with him

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    We'll see what happens tomorrow. But if we finish 3rd and not even go to CL there have to be changes.

11. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    If we dontd win the league they should both be gone. He didn't hit his objectives

12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Problem is I don't know who replaces him. I really don't want the Croquettes back...

13. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    There are plenty of options, most of which we don't know about. What I know is this: in the last four or five years we have a total of 3 trophies to show for. Bento did more than JJ

At the end of the day and although we have one of the best squads we've ever assembled we still didn't meet our objectives and changes need to be made

14. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Imagine this squad in the hands of Leonardo Jardim. Or even a guy like Miguel Cardoso at Rio Ave.

15. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    At this point, I'll take Ramos, or anyone with a brain for that matter.

16. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah Ive been defending JJ for a long time, but his time is up at the club.

17. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They can wait until the end of the season. But there’s absolutely no reason for him to be around anymore. Fire that ********ing loser.

18. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    He might not be the only one. The board is meeting today to discuss possibly stepping down.

BdC said on facebook the announcement will be at 1 pm, but he said "his own personal decision has already been made" which could mean he's made up his mind to step down.

Yesterday he also made a huge list of names of people who he feels are undermining the club. If he's really leaving, he's going out with a bang.

19. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, thought this was the year too. Smh.

20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    This weekend was the worst. We're in the middle of a fight for the title and we lose the game and basically are in the middle of a civil war.

21. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Same shit, different story. BDC has done so much for this club. We need less drama, however. More stability. And a much better coach.

22. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This is the usual Sporting. This is how things work with SCP. There's always some bullsh*t to completely derail this team. Always. Every year, there's something. Some drama, some excuse.

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    As promised today would be the announcement of whether or not he steps down - BdC just had a long speech in which he basically said:

There will be a General Assembly again on February 15th to discuss the remaining two motions (new statutes and broader disciplinary powers) - he said if both points are not passed (needing at least 75% of the vote on each) BdC and the board will step down immediately.

Considering his support base, people will most certainly turn up for the vote which definitely looks like a power play on BdC's part. This whole situation is so comical that even the merchandise from the club's official band "Supporting" has been banned because the lead singer said in a private chat that he didn't agree with all the points being voted on.

24. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    What a circus

25. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Question: what are the "new statues and broader disciplinary powers" that everyone seems to disagree with?