The Sporting Fans Only Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by Força Sporting, Nov 3, 2005.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Didn't make a match thread but we beat Arouca 2-1 in a very poor game (the second half was a complete snoozefest, we didn't have a single shot).

At least now we're 10 points clear of 4th place Braga and we cut down the distance to 7 points from 2nd place Porto

vilafria repped this.
  2. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Bas Dost didn't score. Must still be depressed by the results of the Dutch NT

3. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    [​IMG]
    Ezequiel Schelotto opened a restaurant in Lisbon. Not sure if it's an Italian or Argentine food.

SCP_16 repped this.
  4. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know there are transfers in and out to come, but as of now what do you think the depth chart will look like next season? Geraldes, Podence, Iuri, Matheus, do these guys all have a shot to play big roles?

This has been a pretty shit season for me, as I haven't been able to watch many full matches so I feel more out of touch with the club. Did like what I saw from Podence when I did watch.

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    They will start the pre-season with us, but I see Matheus getting loaned out. I think Podence has a spot in the squad; but considering who we've signed already I think Geraldes may get loaned out, same with Iuri - will depend on how things go in pre-season.

As for the squad as a whole, here's the list and who I think will leave (in red) and new arrivals confirmed or almost certain (green)

Goalkeepers

Rui Patricio, Beto, Azbe Jug

Defenders

RB: Ezequiel Schelotto,
    Ricardo Esgaio,
    LB:
    Jefferson, Marvin Zeegelaar, Cristiano Piccini, Jonathan Silva
    CB: Seba Coates, Paulo Oliveira, Douglas, Ruben Semedo, Andre Pinto

Midfielders

DM:
    William Carvalho, Joao Palhinha
    MC: Adrien Silva,
    Battaglia, Francisco Geraldes
    AMC/Second Striker:
    Bryan Ruiz, Alan Ruiz, Mattheus Oliveira

Forwards

LW:
    Joel Campbell, Bruno Cesar, Matheus Pereira
    RW: Gelson Martins, Daniel Podence, Iuri Medeiros
    ST: Bas Dost,
    Luc Castaignos

natenate101 repped this.
  6. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. I am seeing Iuri's name on some Best XI of the season lists, what does he have to do to get a real shot at Sporting?

Edit: Isn't Piccini a RB?

Damn I hope the Liga is shown on some normal platform next season. This lack of coverage sucks.

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yes my mistake, Piccini is a right back... also there's been persistent rumours we're trying to get Coentrao for left back. So Piccini/Schelotto and possibly Coentrao/Jonathan Silva - can't be worse than this year.

Iuri's main drawback has been lack of consistency in his performances. But I still think he definitely has a spot in the team - I'm just not sure our coach thinks the same.

Gol TV seems to have picked up the rights to next season's Liga NOS: http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...GolTV-Acquires-Live-Broadcast-Rights-Liga-NOS

8. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    OndaVerde and vilafria repped this.
  9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    We have four confirmed matches against some good opposition in pre-season:

12/07/2017: Sporting CP x Fenerbahçe

13/07/2017: Sporting CP x Valencia

15/07/2017: Basel x Sporting CP

18/07/2017: Marseille x Sporting CP

vilafria repped this.
  10. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Potentially one more game as well, not sure against who though

11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Just to add that those games will all be away during our pre-season trip

12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    The new Joao Rocha arena is finally opening today after almost 2 years of construction. It's been one of BdC's campaign promises finally coming true: a new home for the various SCP teams in different sports.

vilafria repped this.
  13. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    [​IMG]

The Disciplinary Board decided Sporting was within its rights to call back on-loan players at Vitória de Setúbal, Gauld and Geraldes after a complaint of unilateral terminations of contracts of both loaned players that was logged by SL Benfica with said Board. The action by Sporting following the exit from the League Cup in game that Sporting lost in Bonfim Stadium vs Vitória de Setúbal left the Sadinos with a bad taste in the mouth, but it was the reds that took the legal fight on.

14. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I didn't agree with how this happened, they were both getting minutes at Setubal - but Benfica has nothing to do with this, why are they sticking their nose in our business? They probably just stuck their nose so they can get Setubal to cut ties with us and have another farm team where they can loan their players.

15. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ironic considering Francisco Marques is blowing the doors wide open on the email scandal involving SLB and multiple league officials. Every day, there is more and more implicating evidence that exemplify Benfica's wide scale corruption in Portuguese soccer. However, I expect the league to turn the other cheek and completely ignore the facts.

Their corruption in the last few years is blatantly obvious.

16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    The police are involved now. We'll see what they decide

17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Fiorentina will be our opponent in the 5 Violins trophy on July 29th. We've had a long friendship with them and will also be a tribute to Marco Ficini, the Sporting and Fiorentina fan that was killed when he was hit by a car near the Estadio da Luz.

18. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    No doubt it hurt the players in question, but as a political move, I think it helped BdC with the fan base.

19. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Police are probably on the payroll too.

SCP_16 repped this.
  20. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Seems unlikely, I haven't heard anyone support BdC in his decision to call them back.

21. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Tbf BdCs entire campaign has been based on attacking benfica. He would've done the exact same thing in their shoes. Setubal didn't need any push from benfica to cut ties with us. This was an utterly terrible move on BdC part, there's no getting around that.

22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    We've been teased with the new jersey today. Maybe we will see a new player in it?

[​IMG]

EDIT: They just posted a second pic, looks like they're gonna tease us all day...

[​IMG]

23. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Can't wait to see them! I
    m guessing those are the away kits based of the color scheme.

24. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I think for this season the away kits were designed by the fans (or a fan, there was some contest)

25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Our presentation game will be vs Monaco on July 22nd at Estadio Jose Alvalade.

Welcome back Leonardo Jardim!