The Sporting Fans Only Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by Força Sporting, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    This is a stickied thread dedicated just for Sportinguistas. No-one else who is a fan from any other club is permitted to post in this thread. You can talk about things that pertain to the club with fellow Sportinguistas. Please note that there are ground rules: 1) keep the language clean – no need to go on a swearing rampage; 2) keep it Sporting related – no-one wants to know how much your oil change cost; and 3) no malicious comments about other posters – that’s pretty much an invitation for retorts, something we are hoping to avoid.

** Anyone who is posting in this thread who is not a Sportinguista will have their post deleted and will be warned. Repeat offenders will be reprimanded with yellow cards – no questions asked. **

Enjoy… :)

2. ERA_Verde

ERA_Verde New Member

Dec 21, 2004
    New Jersey
    Re: The Sporting Fans Only Thread

"São os que há e é com eles que vamos avançar para conseguirmos os nossos objectivos. Não há desculpas»

Paulo Bento today - talking about his team and the Superliga

3. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ

He's right if the players were capable of good start in the SL by beating Belenenses, Maritimo, and then Lampioes.

What happened was lack of respect, and desire by the players.
    Paulo now will stir things up, to get some of these prima-donas playing again.

I like this comment too.
    «amanhã vão entrar em Alvalade os melhores jogadores de que dispõe de momento, independentemente das suas idades».

4. ERA_Verde

ERA_Verde New Member

Dec 21, 2004
    New Jersey

We need a win to build on. In a month we play Porto.

5. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ

That's right sometimes a great team all they need is a win to break the camels back. Then smooth sailing. Nothing is lost we like to give those lampioes, and tripeiros "pontos de avanco".

"Temos que ganhar" even if it's by 1 goal.

[​IMG]

6. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

I can feel it, I believe Bento's going to turn Sporting in the right direction hopefully we win against Leiria this weekend.

FORCA SPORTING!!!!!!!!

7. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ

Welcome aboard, great to have another Sportinguista join forces.

8. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Thanks. The Sporting forum here is great and I am glad I joined here.

9. Sporting#1

Sporting#1 Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon

Great idea of a sporting fans only thread!!

Well, Sporting is in a must win situation in my opinion!
    They can still turn it around and challenge for the title!!

What the hell is going on with deivid!!
    Is he in paulo bento's doghouse or what!!
    That nani kid is something else!!

I believe leiria's gk costinha who normally has monster games vs the big clubs is out with the flu/cold of some sort!!

Good break for us!
    We must win, let's go sporting!!

10. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ

Sporting can't worry about other teams.

When they have the right mentality, we can beat anyone.

BTW Welcome aboard Sporting#1, nice nickname.;)

11. Leao dos States

Leao dos States New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Scarsdale, NY

Like you guys have been saying It's a must win. The only thing is that Leiria is coming from a very good game agains Gil Vicente 3-0 that they one won.
    In regards to Deivid not be Convocado. There is a story on the record of today.

http://www.record.pt/noticia.asp?id=687637&idCanal=24
    regarding Deivid. but you guys know how Record is with their stories.

Leidson and Pinilla should be a good combination up front if both of them play.
    he moves a little better than Deivid and you could see that the kid wants to
    do good things. In Deivid case he came with a big Name and hasn't proven much or nothing at all.

But to me I think that the Problem with our Sporting is the midfield. Something is missing, they not moving the ball and recovering like last year. of course it's a total different midfield.

Lets see if this is the game that joao alves shows us why we invested so much money in him
    Força Sporting.............[​IMG]

AMOR A CAMISOLA

12. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

I am glad to see that there are more and more Sportinguistas in this forum. The more, the merrier :)

Esforço, Dedicação, Devoção e Glória - Eis o Sporting!

13. Leao dos States

Aug 4, 2005
    Scarsdale, NY

10 minutes into the game and we started of good,

What a goal by Beto.
    hopefully they continue attacking the same way.
    Boa Sorte

14. Abrantes11

Abrantes11 New Member

Mar 19, 2004
    London,ON

I would just like to say hello to all the Sportinguistas. Obviously I am new to BigSoccer. Hope to post alot soon.

Forca Sporting

15. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005

I would like to ask the mod to add the [R] to the title to allow us to mention results in this thread when appropriate. :)

16. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005

Welcome to BigSoccer newbie, your new "family". :)

17. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ

You forgot to tell him we need his blood sample.

Just kidding, welcome to all.

18. Leao dos States

Aug 4, 2005
    Scarsdale, NY

Since this thread is only for us, what a game this scp-leiria was. Even though as a Sportinguista I know we had luck in our side this time, but hopefully this mistake by the referee is going to change on how the season is going to go, for the better I hope. What a goal by Beto and an spetacular save by Ricardo, his used to getting balls inside the net, might has well stay there the rest of the season. Moutinho finally showed his brilliance from last year, and Nani, we are in the presence of a great one, only needs to put on a little muscle, and hopefully his speed stays the same.
    At the end of the season hopefully we will be champions and I'm here to say Leiria the game that changed the season for us.

19. ERA_Verde

ERA_Verde New Member

Dec 21, 2004
    New Jersey

Sporting usually is on the wrong end of these calls. Over the last couple of games the ref's must at least one sure penalty in our favor, maybe more.

One thing is for sure, Ricardo becomes the only goalie to make the save "num golo feito" (Baia's save lat year was inconclusive to me).Maybe thats what Scholari seems in him,Now if he could only make standard saves more regularly...

20. Leao dos States

Aug 4, 2005
    Scarsdale, NY

Unfortunetely for Ricardo no save is standard, it's very hard watching a game and the other team is moving toward our goal. I never know what's about to happen, even when they our defence pass him the ball, I'm scared stiff.

21. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Me too Ricardo is completely unpredictable. Hell either make a AMAZING save or frango. The worst is when theres a set piece around the box, corner, crosses, etc. I have to close my eyes because I dont want to see him run out into a crowd of players and fail to get the ball which we've all seen on occasion.

Alot of people bash Ricardo but I really hope he picks it up and has a better season because SPORTING needs him. not to mention the NT at the World Cup.

22. Leao dos States

Aug 4, 2005
    Scarsdale, NY

I don't think sporting needs him that much, we did well without him on goal, Nelson is had good as Ricardo if not better and Tiago is an excellent backup. Unfortunetely no one wants Ricardo at this time....I also know that he is one of the best when he is on....................Both from set plays he scares me so much, it seems that he doesn't know if the ball is curving, the speed, he just bad from set plays. Back to a game last year, against Benfica, until this day I don't know if Luisao touched him or not, but he has either punch the ball or punch the hell of Luisao one or the other. Forget about Fair game ******** inside your area.

23. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ

We can blame Ricardo for anything that went on against Leiria.

If you want to bash someone bash Polga, Rogerio, and Beto.

Our defense is the problem, once we correct that you'll start seeing this team flourish.

Honestly I would've wished the ref had seen that play, and called the goal.

Sporting would've stayed playing with more intinsity then they did throughout the second half.

24. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005

Sporting 5-3 Santos in Toronto.
    http://www.record.pt/canal.asp?idCanal=24&f=1

MINUTO A MINUTO, JOGADA A JOGADA

SPORTING-SANTOS, 5-3 (Deivid 22', Pinilla 39', Silva 61', 82', Polga 63'; Elton 46', Alexandre 56' g.p., Ralf 77')

21:58 - FINAL DA PARTIDA.

82 m - GOLO DO SPORTING, por SILVA
    Silva recebe com o pé esquerdo dentro da área e, mesmo cercado pelos adversários, consegue rodar e rematar para o seu segundo golo.

78 m - Substituição no Santos: Nadson dá lugar a FABÃO.

77 m - GOLO DO SANTOS, por RALF
    Contra-ataque rápido dos brasileiros, com Ralf a isolar-se e bater Nélson sem problemas.

71 m - Cartão AMARELO a Luís Loureiro, por falta dura sobre Elton.

70 m - Substituição no Santos: CAYO rende Alexandre.

67 m - Substituição no Santos: Carlinhos dá lugar a RALF.

65 m - Substituição no Sporting: Deivid sai para a entrada de TELLO.

63 m - GOLO DO SPORTING, por POLGA
    Pontapé de canto marcado por Carlos Martins na esquerda, Polga surge vindo de trás no meio dos centrais e, de cabeça, bate "inapelavelmente" o desamparado Gustavo.

61 m - GOLO DO SPORTING, por SILVA
    Cruzamento de Deivid da direita do ataque, Silva eleva-se mais alto que a defesa do Santos e faz a bola passar por cima do guarda-redes Gustavo. O Sporting volta a ganhar vantagem.

60 m - Substituição no Santos: CECIL rende Lucas.

60 m - Substituição no Sporting: SILVA entra para o lugar de Pinilla.

58 m - Júnior ultrapassa Nélson e André Marques evita o golo com o guarda-redes já fora do lance.

56 m - GOLO DO SANTOS, por ALEXANDRE g.p.
    Alexandre marca o "penalty" e engana Nélson, empatando o encontro.

55 m - Grande penalidade contra o Sporting. Beto divide uma bola com Luís Loureiro na área leonina, com o brasileiro a cair e a "arrancar" a falta.

54 m - Substituição no Santos: JÚNIOR rende Ronaldo.

51 m - Pontapé livre de Edson, com a bola a não passar a barreira.

46 m - GOLO DO SANTOS, por ELTON
    Grande remate de Elton, de fora da área, a surpreender o recém-entrado Nélson. Uma autêntica "bomba" que reduz a diferença...

46 m - O Sporting regressou com duas alterações dos balneários: Tiago e Paíto cederam os seus lugares a EDSON e NÉLSON.

21:09 - COMEÇO DO SEGUNDO TEMPO.

20:52 - FINAL DA PRIMEIRA PARTE.

45 m - Passe de Rogério para Deivid, que atira para boa defesa de Gustavo.

43 m - Na sequência da cobrança de um canto na direita do ataque do Santos, Nadson cabeceia ao lado.

39 m - GOLO DO SPORTING, por PINILLA
    Grande remate de Nani ao poste direito da baliza de Gustavo e a bola ressalta para os pés de Pinilla que não tem problemas em "facturar".

38 m - Bom disparo de Nani, já dentro da área, com o guardião brasileiro a defender. Na recarga, Deivid permite também a defesa de Gustavo.

31 m - Remate de Wender para boa defesa de Gustavo, que desvia a bola para canto.

30 m - Contra-ataque com Carlos Martins a desmarcar Deivid e o brasileiro a rematar à figura.

25 m - Luís Loureiro fica lesionado com queixas no pé esquerdo, obrigando a paragem no jogo. O médio foi assistido fora do relvado, mas regressou ao campo.

22 m - GOLO DO SPORTING, por DEIVID
    Pontapé de canto marcado por Wender na direita, cruzamento para área e Deivid cabeceia para o primeiro golo da partida.

15 m - Alexandre, de livre directo, atira sobre a barra da baliza de Tiago.

12 m - Cartão AMARELO a Pinilla, por protestos.

10 m - Cruzamento de Carlos Martins para o remate de Nani, mas a defesa santista afasta.

7 m - Beto desmarca Carlinhos e obriga Tiago a sair dos postes para evitar o primeiro lance de muito perigo do Santos.

4 m - Wender cai na área mas o árbitro manda seguir...

2 m - Wender cobra livre na direita do ataque mas o árbitro assinala falta de um avançado leonino.

20:04 - INÍCIO DA PARTIDA.

---------------------------------------------

JOGO PARTICULAR

SPORTING-SANTOS

Estádio: Rogers Centre, em Toronto
    Hora: 20:00 locais (01:00 em Lisboa)
    Árbitro: Steve Vepiero (Canadá)

SPORTING - Tiago, Rogério, Polga, André Marques, Paíto, Loureiro, Nani, Carlos Martins, Wender, Deivid e Pinilla.
    Treinador: Paulo Bento.
    Suplentes: Nélson, Silva, Tello, Beto e Edson.

SANTOS - Gustavo, Zaquel, Kenderson, Paulo, Beto, Nadson, Alexandre, Lucas, Ronaldo, Elton, Carlinhos.
    Treinador: Humberto Grondona.
    Suplentes: Cecil, Fabão, Cayo, Fabiano, Ralf, Júnior.

Autor: VÍTOR ALMEIDA GONÇALVES, em TORONTO (CANADÁ)
    Data: Quinta-Feira, 10 de Novembro de 2005 02:58:00

25. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005

While overall satisfied w/ the team win over Santos Paulo Bento has regrets over the leaky defense.

Paulo Bento gostou do que viu na última madrugada em Toronto mas lamentou que a equipa continue a sofrer muitos golos. «Foi um bom espectáculo, com muitos golos mas sofremos demasiados, podiam ter sido evitados», comentou o treinador sobre a partida com o Santos que é ainda campeão brasileiro.

source: A Bola