The Sporting B Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by Inkie, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Inkie

Inkie Member

May 17, 2013
    Paio Pires
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well, figured it would be interesting to create this topic. Here we can follow our future stars as they take their first steps on professional football. With most of our B sqaud from last year moving out, here are some interesting players to follow in 14/15:

Filipe Chaby, 1994: Slowed down by a though injury, this should be the year he steps up and shows all his creativity, intelligence and technical abilities. A central midfielder with a refined touch on the ball.

Tobias Figueiredo, 1994: After his loan to Reus, from Spain, he's expected to return to assume control of our defence. A natural leader, his impressive physique is a guarantee of strenght. With over the top aerial abilities, let's see if he can show why he's been know as one of Portugal's most promising central defenders.

Christian Ponde, 1994: It's funny how I still remember seeing him in the news 9 years ago. I was eleven, and this was my dream too. With the striker position vacant next year, let's see if he can earn his way out to the starting eleven and show his skills.

Daniel Podence, 1995: Since 2005 in our youth academy, this short winger can terrify defenders with his speed and dribbling abilities.

Gelson Martins, 1995: Another hot prospect. Apart from being gifted in speed and technique, he has a rare quality for players his age: great off the ball movement. Check him out if you don't know him.

Matheus Pereira, 1996: A personal favorite. There's a reason why he was already playing with the B squad even though he's younger than the rest of the players. Playing as winger or offensive midfielder , he's the kind of player who can "pull a rabbit out of his hat". Looking forward to see his transition and evolution.

Who do you think will succeed next year?

natenate101 repped this.
  2. Inkie

Inkie Member

May 17, 2013
    Paio Pires
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    First signing for next year: Jorge Santos, known as "Gazela"

Name: Jorge Manuel Pereira Santos "Gazela"
    Nacionality: Portuguese
    Date of Birth: 10/03/1993
    Place of Birth: Miragaia
    Position: Winger/Forward
    Favourite Foot: Left
    Height: 185 cm
    Weight: 78 kg
    Agent: Nelson Almeida - Internationalfoot
    Contract: 2019
    Past Clubs: Boavista (u-11), FC Porto(u-13), Padroense

3. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Came from the fourth tier, but he and his team were playing in the third tier the two seasons before.

Another player has been confirmed by his current team to be going to our B team pre-season, João Rodrigues of AE Óbidos of the fifth tier. He was born in 1994, plays in any position on the attack or as an attacking midfielder and apparently had a trial with a third tier team where he really impressed and was really dominant despite training with players two tiers up.

natenate101 repped this.
  4. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What players have left from last seasons squad?

5. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We don't really know yet. Some talk of Seejou King, Hugo Sousa, Fokobo, but nothing has been confirmed.

natenate101 repped this.
  6. Inkie

Inkie Member

May 17, 2013
    Paio Pires
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Esgaio, Dramé, Wallyson and Iuri Medeiros will probably play either on Sporting A or on loan as well.

natenate101 repped this.
  7. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wasn't Wallyson just a loan deal? We don't own his contract, do we?

8. Inkie

Inkie Member

May 17, 2013
    Paio Pires
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We do. He signed until 2019, for an amount close to 400k.

Guarda-Redes and natenate101 repped this.
  9. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    A lot of new signings will most likely end up here in the "B"

10. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    This.

And he's actually very happy/proud to be at Sporting. I speak with him on IG and he says Man City was comparatively trash compared to the excellent treatment at Sporting. Basically in a youth system that size, you aren't special unless you're a wonderkid, no one pays attention to you unless you excel, and even then at best you'll be a sub or get a cursory run-out in a cup game. If you look at English teams, especially Man City, Chelsea etc., they'll get all sorts of youth talent, lots of hype behind them, then they'll completely bury them in a massive youth system, and block their entry in the first team with eight digit purchases of players from other youth systems who have broken through, or veteran players.

It's of absolutely zero value to try to come up through an english system, look at how poorly they develop their own english players...yet they clamour to get any english player who is established. Look at how they drool over Dier, but had he been at Man City wouldn't have even gotten a sniff. Look at how few the opportunities were at Everton, yet the top 6 would love to add him to their team if the price was right.

Wallyson came from Basel, a place which also develops, he ended up at Man City and realized that mistake quite quickly. He's a really dynamic player and pretty tall for a Brazilian with so much technique. I'm hopeful he'll be our 10 for quite some years before we inevitably sell him to some English/Spanish team for 30 something million.

vilafria repped this.
  11. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Some talk going around of Abel leaving. Strange timing...

Guarda-Redes repped this.
  12. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Werent those rumors flying around a few weeks ago? Litos or someone was reportedly contacted to replace him?
    Anyways wouldnt be too upset, not a very good coach imo

13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Kinda seems that he lost control of the youth players. Had some public spats with a couple in particular (I think Iuri was one).

14. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bruno de Carvalho already confirmed it today during the opening of the new Loja Verde but he said he would talk about it later at the right time.

15. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Looks like Barao will be taking over for Abel

16. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He might be just the caretaker though, he was Abel's assistant.

17. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's official Abel out, and Francisco Barão takes his place.

18. Tremocos

Tremocos Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    do you have a twitter handle joaommx? I've been looking for some quality english speaking, or even Portuguese speaking SCP follows on Twitter, and really havent had much luck. Any help would be appreciated..

natenate101 repped this.
  19. Tremocos

Tremocos Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    do you have a twitter handle Inkie? I've been looking for some quality english speaking, or even Portuguese speaking SCP follows on Twitter, and really havent had much luck. Any help would be appreciated..

20. Inkie

Inkie Member

May 17, 2013
    Paio Pires
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No, I'm not on twitter yet, sorry :(

21. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tom Kundert and Ben shave (from Portugoal.net) would be good to follow.

22. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I've got one but I'm a lurker there, I think I've only tweeted once.

23. Força_Portugal

Jun 10, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I know a couple for example: @baavin @nunovalinhas

24. Tremocos

Tremocos Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    that's too bad. You would do well as SCP english speaking twitter handle. You should consider it..
    hard core fans all over world are always looking for in depth insight on not only the big team, but also the B team, and future talents from the academy..

25. Tremocos

Tremocos Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    thank you, i will give them a try