The Shimizu S-Pulse Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by Shizuoka, May 26, 2010.

1. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Can we let him play 2-3 games...? :)

All we know, so far, is that he was a great player and he is famous.

2. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
  3. dantasu

dantasu Member

Portuguesa Santista
    Brazil
    Dec 8, 2009
    Santos
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  4. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Did someone watch Shimizu-Nagoya today? What are your impressions on Ljungberg and Ono playing together?

5. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Shots stats: 23-4 in favor of S-Pulse. They must've played badass game. Also Ljungberg's assist was nice.

6. Shizuoka

Shizuoka Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Club:
    Shimizu S Pulse
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not long got back. An all round excellent performance from S-Pulse, and Ono and Ljungberg linked up nicely together. It's hard to single them out as a unit because Jong a Pin playing defensive midfield was also instrumental in so much, but they played like they'd been playing together for some time. Both pure footballing brains, and they controlled the tempo of the match for long spells. With the pair in the team, and with Jong a Pin, we have a really decent midfield coming together.

Our second came directly from Freddie knocking it round a defender and running on to it himself, crossing it in and bang - 2-0.

7. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i only watched 2nd half and thought S-Pa was all over Nagoya, even didnt really stop playing after scoring the 2nd a couple of minutes before the end ... well done Shimizu

8. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bU40or9OcY"]??-???????? - YouTube[/ame]
    :eek:

9. Shizuoka

Shizuoka Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Club:
    Shimizu S Pulse
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When in Rome. ;)

He did get clattered several times today, though. Nagoya can be pretty physical (ie, dirty) when they want to be (ie, when things aren't going their way).

10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    When in Rome ... Players are simulating in a worse way all over the world. Check "spahic" or anybody else on Youtube and you'll have a good laugh.
    Anyway the kick wasn't so nice but whatever I enjoyed this game a lot. Omae is really having a mammouth season, he's a true game-changer. He has a shot for London.

11. Shizuoka

Shizuoka Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Club:
    Shimizu S Pulse
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Fair play. I hate all the play acting, and that was some of the worst, but I think it came out of frustration. You don't get it in the UK anywhere near as much as some other places, and Freddie isn't the kind of player to see it going on and be able to ignore it.

It was a cracking game. At 0-0 going into the last 15 minutes I had it down as the best goalless draw I'd ever seen (but was going crazy at our missed chances :eek:).

12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Were you a Fujimoto fan when he was there ? He seems almost transparent these days ... I didn't forget his Asian Cup final yet, that was a total failure. I hope he's better than he's showing.

13. Shizuoka

Shizuoka Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Club:
    Shimizu S Pulse
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was, but he always blew hot and cold. He's a good bet from spot kicks and free kicks (where he got most of his goals with us), but he'd have games where he was pretty ineffectual. He did nothing today though he threatened to on one or two occasions, but it just didn't drop for him. The same was true of the away game at Nagoya earlier in the year, but he's been grabbing a few over the season, so he must be doing something right.

14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Sure, he scored a cracker last week but it's only single shots with him. He's still young.
    Thanks for the answer.

15. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Shimizu looked really good today, and I think they got an exciting team. If they can keep Jong A Pin and Ljungberg also next season, and Ono can stay injury-free, they coudl very well be an ACL-contender. Still got some weak points in defence though they might have to take care of a lil bit better. And Takagi, albeit still young, is the least effective striker in the league according to Yahoo! . He's got like 2% shot to goal ratio so far this season or something. When they get Takahara back they might start scoring even more goals.
    Omae is a gem, and could very well be the next Japan NT striker.

16. Shizuoka

Shizuoka Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Club:
    Shimizu S Pulse
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Takagi... yeah, that stat looks bad, and I've seen him miss a ton of shots on goal, but it balances out with his dribbling and creativity which leads to other goals. Kawasaki last week was a good example. He was the one who rounded two defenders and whose shot got parried to Brosque who scored. He'll sort his shooting out in time. :)

17. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Some S-Pulse fans have problems with themselves. I understand a nice portion of 'boo' etc, but some of them are trying too hard I think.
    [​IMG]
    'Please step on freely'

18. Shizuoka

Shizuoka Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Club:
    Shimizu S Pulse
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Coming from an Urawa fan! :eek: Your ultras used to (not quite so much now, funnily enough) spend not inconsiderable amounts of time and money on banners about other teams. Tokyo Merde or Gomiya ring any bells?

Come on, that Jungo thing is a bit of fun. Quite inventive is you ask me. Just a shame I didn't see it on Sunday. :D

19. furtho

furtho Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Ring any bells? It's a way of life for some of us.

20. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Cho Kwang Rae has been fired as the South Korean coach, and Afshin Ghotbi has been decided as one of 3 potential replacements by KFA. And is apparently the favourite to take the helm, he would accept apparently.

Though they'd have to pay a buy-out clause surely? He's on a 3 year contract.

21. Shizuoka

Shizuoka Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Club:
    Shimizu S Pulse
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ghotbi moved quickly to quash rumours of a premature departure from Nihondaira.

Press release.

22. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    .....then again they were supposed to get a transfer fee for Okazaki, but that didn't end up happening (jk :p)

I'm glad, I think he was a good signing for Japanese football.

23. Shizuoka

Shizuoka Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Club:
    Shimizu S Pulse
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Bosnar off to Korea because the "facilities are better than anything I've seen in Japan" and so he can play at "a higher level". Interesting. Although that last part probably just refers to ACL involvement in the future.

Eddy said this would probably be best for S-Pulse which sounds like either he wasn't happy, or they have something better lined up and he was a waste of a foreigner spot. We'll see!

24. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    you know the story, the next club is always better than the previous one ... Good luck to him, he's not an irreplaceable loss either.