The Serbian Superman - Welcome Luka Jovic

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jun 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think he's still adjusting to the move and to his new team. We should give him at least another season before writing him off.

2. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was gonna post about this in the game thread last night but i forgot. While he didn't get in great scoring positions, he kept both the CB's occupied most of the time, leaving our midfielders more space in the flanks.

petros93, temesgen and hala_madrid722 repped this.
  3. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    I think Jovic needs more time getting use to the team in general.

Eddie repped this.
  4. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    this is actually very important, Benzema needs to do this a little more often. Someone needs to be in the box when we are attacking...

5. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I noticed Jovic takes an extra second to make a move sometimes. He just stands there watching and then moves. It's weird. He looks like that stereotypical mouth-breather bully from an 80s movie.

But I do think he may turn out just fine. He just needs to smarten up a bit.

6. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1216496956098465792 is not a valid tweet id

7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    That was like four touches.

Also the background music is horrible. I guess anything can drop nowadays as a single.

RMSocrates repped this.
  8. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    MARCA: Jovic picked up injury in the Supercopa final. Unless Benzema either train in the 3 days before the Sevilla game, then Mariano will be the only striker.

9. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    No Ramos, Jovic, Valverde and possibly Benzema against Sevilla ? ********ing great.

Lyra repped this.
  10. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    3-7-0 formation

Anon. and Lyra repped this.
  11. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mariano hatt trick.

Eddie, MiamiNative0722 and Lyra repped this.
  12. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Well that's not great news. Especially for Jovic who can't seem to score and now misses another opportunity to play (which if course will be used to attack Zidane because he hates him and actually just doesn't want him to play).

13. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    It's not a big loss anyway. Mariano was better than Jovic in the Super Cup imo.

RMrules and ImadEdd repped this.
  14. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    completely agree.Mariano,Vinicius,Rodrygo,James,Isco ,Marcelo is back.......enough players to beat Sevilla who are very attacking team and leave a lot of space

15. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t want anyone to judge Benz on one or two games

16. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    I refuse to give up on him so soon. Yes he plays not as we expected, but he is just 22 and in the team for 6 months in a completely new team, new country with a new language. Not everyone adapts the same way. But what I agree is that he needs to move more and be more aggressive. He is too passive.

We need to give him another season and then make a judgement. It is too soon in my opinion.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  17. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Casemiro, Courtois, Modric are just some of the names who had a bad first season with Madrid. If we had given up on them it wouldn't have turned out great for us. We invested a lot of money in Jovic and the forward market is pretty dry these last couple of years, we need patience from the fans and the club and a lot of hard work from Jovic.

18. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not to mention he is firmly behind a player the coach believes in and who will start no matter what as one of the leaders of the team, so not much chance of minutes to integrate properly in playing situations with the team. I think he’s shown a lack of intensity when given the chances he’s had but, IMO he hasn’t had enough proper chances as yet, too early to write him off completely

2Magia2 repped this.
  19. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Yes indeed, even Benzema was criticized because of his intensity in his first 2 seasons. Look at the guy now, one of the best strikers in the clubs history. It is just not that easy adapting at such young age.

20. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    #520 Varnagel, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    Wrong. Benzema was mostly criticized for his poor goal-scoring productivity & got outperformed by Higuain during 09/10 season. Not because of his "lack of intensity" lol. Benzema was much better in his 2nd season after ending up 26 goals. Although he got a bit lucky with Higuain being out for several months due to a back injury.

Modric & Courtois were signed as the undisputed starters from Day 1 in Real Madrid. And they both made their debut seasons where almost either almost everyone struggled. Casemiro was one of the best players in 15/16 season where he actually was a full-fledged member of Real Madrid's 1st team. He spend a good portion of his 1st stint in Castilla.

Jovic won't get unlimited patience if he cannot take full advantage of his opportunities & prove himself as a reliable goalscorer during this season or 2020-21 season. Real Madrid will always look after other players to replace someone who isn't good enough.

21. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benzema was criticized for his lack of intensity till maybe last season lol. Mourinho even called him El Gato because of that.

Modric was 100% a backup to Xabi, Sami, and Mesut in his first season.

Casemiro only played half a season for Castilla in Mourinho's last season, and was on the bench for Carlo and Benitez. Thats 1.5 seasons on the bench.

Of course he wont get unlimited patience, but it seems Zidane is more patient with him than some of you guys here. He seems to have good hold up play, and has shown his finishing skills with Frankfurt, so I think he has the right ingredients to succeed. This is a 22 y/o making a big step up, waaaaaay too early to give up on him, and he can look to Tibo, Marcelo, Varane, Case, Modric, and even Karim for examples of players who got slowly integrated and displaced gigantic stars, and are now legends in their own right.

PigBenis, ahnaf, yoanaidarov and 6 others repped this.
  22. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Funny, as a die hard Benzema fan it seems you don’t know anything about him. I remember each time I was in Madrid that people found him lazy as f*ck and he played like he didn’t care. Just like Bale now. But the truth is that he was still so young and had no confidence at all. Patience is the key, but ‘fans’ like you only care about individuals and not the team.

MaxY repped this.
  23. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His biggest dream is to get piped by El Gato. He's like a female Kpop fan.

Lyra repped this.
  24. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    having your favorites is ok, we all have our favorites. But this guy is really annoying and not even a Real Madrid fan.

25. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Exactly what I've been saying. Every thread he's sucking Karim off while putting down other players. Toxic, annoying and negative.