The Serbian Superman - Welcome Luka Jovic

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jun 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm pretty sure he is injured. Despite the lack of playing time, I have a hard time believing we've given up on our 60me striker. No matter how good Benz is, he is still turning 32 this year while Luka will turn 22.

EDIT: I see someone confirmed his injury.

2. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The only player that will bench benzema is mpabbe and he ain't coming.

3. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's killing it in training. Wish Zidane would give him 20-30 minute appearances if nothing.

Benzema usually opens our scoring, rarely scores late goals. He only has 1 goal past the 70 minute mark in last 14 games.

4. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017

https://sport.blic.rs/fudbal/domaci...odini-nema-konflikta-sa-lukom-jovicem/d2x92h5

Show Spoiler

Jovic problems start with himself

The striker only has one goal to his name after playing in 423 minutes for Los Blancos. With results having picked up for the club, he is being given time to find his feet in the Spanish capital, but back in Serbia, his national team manager, Ljubisa Tumbakovic, has been getting stuck in. The distance between the two men has grown considerably following some issues related to the player's attitude to his country's games.

In September Jovic brought off the bench with just three minutes remaining in the game against Portugal. Then, in the following game against Luxembourg, the forward claimed to be carrying an injury and was released to head back to Madrid, where he played four days later against Levante (if only the final seven minutes). Tumbakovic did not like this and left him out of subsequent squads.

On Thursday, the coach gave his version of the situation speaking to Blic Sport and didn't hide his anger towards the player. He made it very clear that Jovic's problem is Jovic himself.

"I take care of every player to get the most out of the Serbian national team," began Tumbakovic, "and I have never given up any of them.

"One of those who has moved away from the national team is Luka Jovic. And there is only one truth. There is no conflict between Jovic and I. Luka Jovic's problem is Luka Jovic.

"Suddenly that player abandoned the training sessions, he did not answer calls. As a coach, I will always want to count on a player of that class as it wouldn't be professional for me not to consider him.

"But it is he who has to convince us, the media, the fans, the people of the federation and me as his coach, that he is prepared and responsible. He has taken no steps in that direction."

International door still open for Jovic

After these strong words, Tumbakovic insisted that the Real Madrid striker has not been excluded completely from the national team.

"The doors are open for every player, including Luka Jovic," he said. "I have been doing this job very professionally for almost three decades, and I've never consciously put any player's career in danger, nor will I ever.

"I have led many players along the right path, so why couldn't I do the same with him?"

Lyra and madridista_hr repped this.
  5. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Luka is preoccupied with dating the biggest fake gold digger in Serbia - Sofija Milošević. But hey it could be worse, he could be dating Soraja Vučelić. So there is still hope for him.

6. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    pretty girl but got damn she is so skinny, get this woman some mac n cheese

7. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Idk man, I ain't into blondes at all but she's fine af.
    It's instagram, everyone looks skinny.

Anon. repped this.
  8. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Compare her pictures before and after. She wrecked her face with plastic surgery, got anorexic and has personality of a piece of wood.

Jović is probably more invested in holding the camera while she is posing for instagram pics, than on his training.

9. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    a story we see too often these days, I know a few girls like this it’s tough to see them destroy themselves with plastic surgery

Modric-87 repped this.
  10. Modric-87

Modric-87 Member

Real Madrid
    Netherlands
    May 26, 2018
    Why, lucky you dont have too wake up next to her man!

11. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018

Nico777, Deep Pal, madridista_hr and 2 others repped this.
  12. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Looking forward to his perfoamce today.

13. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    He needs a string of starts to gain some confidence

Hsain85 and Zidane05 repped this.
  14. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The biggest disappointing aspect of Jovic for me is that I thought he'd be a warrior up top but, instead he looks like he plays on morphine.

Very bizarre.

Digital, Lyra and Raul_Madrid repped this.
  15. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
  16. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    Jovic stole your girlfriend or what? :D:D:D

MaxY repped this.
  17. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    Nice to read that.

libertao repped this.
  18. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You aren't even a RM fan, you're just a Benzema stan who sucks him off while shitting on others.

19. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Jovic was extremely disappointing against Atletico today. I had high hopes for him.

20. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sure you did :ROFLMAO:

Ahmadi8, natenate101 and temesgen repped this.
  21. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Good second half display. I don't mind his performance too much especially given the set up of the team.

We had zero width...and the few times we got out wide in dangerous areas, the crossing from the full backs was absolutely atrocious.

He'll be fine.

natenate101 and Anon. repped this.
  22. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    :ROFLMAO:

1216473718601539584 is not a valid tweet id

23. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I think he'll be fine too but there was too little movement and too much confusion between him and his teammates. He badly needs more playing time to gel with the team but to earn it, he's going to have to be more involved.

Ssr9 and Digital repped this.
  24. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I liked seeing him going for goal instead of looking to pass in the second half.

25. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Night and day difference between half. Wish he finished off that brilliant solo action with a goal. Needs some coaching and chemistry with teammates.

Also a few goals to get out of the slump. He needs wingers to function, he was covered by 3-5 players on some occasions.

petros93 repped this.