The Second Cousin of the MLS Rumors Superthread

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by Indytrojan, Mar 31, 2008.

1. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Especially b/c there were 3 posts referencing 4/1 on this page!!! :D

2. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Petke and Casey aren't listed because they're both on the IR list. When (or if) they get healthy, someone from Colorado will be dropped so that either player can be added back to the main roster.

3. IlliniOnFire

IlliniOnFire Hostile AND Abusive

Oct 8, 2006
    Southern Illinois
    to be fair, its kinda difficult to tell whether Jade is trying to be funny or is flying off the handle... I don't think people would be too shocked either way

4. Zman Gunner

Zman Gunner BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 7, 2003
    Middletown, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Yes, that one was on Sky Sports News tonight. Robert has left Derby (and why not) to trial with Toronto.

6. Kibby

Kibby Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Ottawa
    http://www.thescore.ca/blogs/footy/index.asp?name=footy/#4449

also

7. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope it's not an April Fools joke. I hope the site really is closed.

How anyone can see the value in a web site that publishes rumors not only about player transactions, but also their personal lives is beyond me. Some of the things written on that web site border on slander, and the author apparently has little regard for whether it's true, whether publishing an unfounded accusation would hurt players or their families, etc.

Since when should something like that be supported? The author is either foolish, immature, or stupid. Take your pick.

8. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the score also said Guevara to TFC isn't dead. If that's the case, this would be their midfield

-------------Guevara

---Robert-------------Ricketts

-------------Edu

Heck of a midfield. Until Robert and Guevara get suspended by the team. Or red carded.

9. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    El Naranja,

I read most of your posts and realize that you are a very knowledgeable person who often posts very useful info and commentary.However,my response about MLSR is simply because people seem to be treating it as if it is supposed to be a real NEWS SOURCE. When in fact it is for entertainment.Its never claimed to be the Bible.It is more modeled after European ,especially English tabloid sports pages.........thats all.If someone is reading it and staking their life on it being true then they are missing the point altogether of what the blog is.....thats all im saying.They may be a little crude in the fact that they seek out dirt on players etc.....I couldnt care less about that.But when they post possible moves or player acquisitions I enjoy it.Sometimes i read it and say ,"no way" sometimes I read it and say,"that would be great for our league I hope it happens".then i go on with my life.........

anyway you and I both bleed ORANGE.So its not a big deal to me.I just stated what so many people have said before about anything that someone else likes and others dislike.Which is if you hate the blog and its contributors then dont read it.Just like a TV station which airs material you dont like.Just change the channel........thats all im sayin.................INDOMWETRUSTCOMEONYOUDYNAMO

10. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very dangerous. Might be something that could really satisfy those TFC fans.

11. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, because it's a rumors blog, they get to write whatever they like?

"Hey, I heard Joey Franchino's an alcoholic and that's why he took a leave of absence last year, and why the Revs are about to cut him." (...an actual post on this site)

Not true, but hey, this is a rumors blog, right? And if after his career is over, he wants to get a job coaching youth soccer, but can't because everyone thinks he's a drunk, that's just too bad, right?

"An emailer saw Brian Ching kissing another guy after the game on Saturday night? Clearly, he's gay."

What? That's not true either? I'm shocked. But this IS a rumors site, and I wasn't the one that made it up, so if his wife believes it and leaves him, it's not my fault.

"I heard Michael Parkhurst's recurring shoulder injury is giving him more problems and that he's going to require surgery at some point in the future."

What? Teams in Europe wouldn't talk to him because they think he's a medical risk, and the rumor ended up costing him hundreds of thousands of dollars? Not really my problem, is it?

Seriously, is this what we've come to? This type of site is worth supporting?

12. RichardUK

RichardUK Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Nottingham, UK
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Ha!

We know!

13. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    mike mike mike ..did you bother to actually read what I posted?You quoted me but did you actually read what I said?If you read what I said and comprehended it then it makes almost all of what you said irrelevant.

I clearly stated the personal stuff was crude and I didnt care about it.....Of course printing material that isnt true of a personal nature that could hurt someones private personal life is out of bounds........

Im talking about the soccer related stuff.............read son read.

14. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, they took a fake e-mail and gave it their highest rating. They say they aren't a news site, then they judge the news on this lame 1 to 5 scale.

If you're gonna put up rumors, knock yourself out. Just don't act like you can tell how good Steve Goff's info is, especially when you can get fooled by a quick e-mail.

15. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    Christopher Sullivan just said during the Sj-Fire broadcast that the Quakes are talking to Antonio Naelson "Zinha", 31 year old Brazilian/Mexican (plays for Mexican NT) playmaker currently with Toluca.

16. CommonSense

CommonSense Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Portland
    They need a striker, and I think that going after an actual Mexican (not a naturalized player that is not widely loved) national is a better idea for drawing Latin fans, but Zinha is a nice player.

But really, San Jose needs a striker that can finish. They should have beat Chicago today.

17. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    Of course, the fact he's not that widely loved might be what would make him affordable.

18. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This is not really true. Most mexicans have no problem with Zinha playing in the national team. Zinha has lived for a long time in Mexico, his family is mexican (wife and kids) and actually grew as a player in Mexican soccer. Zinha is the model for any nationalized players to come. With that said I dont know if he will be a big Mexican drawer at the stands, I for sure would pay to watch him play.

19. CommonSense

CommonSense Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Portland
    Even better, I kinda just assumed that because there was that little spat about him on the national team he wasn't widely loved.

20. Zman Gunner

Zman Gunner BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 7, 2003
    Middletown, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ives reporting that the Earthquakes have signed striker Jean-Phillipe Peguero (formerly with Colorado and New York - most recent team was Brondby of Denmark).