The Science Thread!

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by bosna10, Oct 17, 2012.

1. BosnianPapiChulo

May 8, 2013
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    All this stuff is so stupid. My mom was born allergic to eggs, but my grandma would often mix in very small amounts of eggs into foods and increase the amount gradually over a few years and feed it to my mom. By the time my mom was 7 she wasn't allergic to eggs anymore. A LOT of people in former Yugoslavia treated allergies this way and it always worked. The West is just catching up and doing studies that show 'new' findings now. In many ways we're behind the West, but in some ways we're fncking light years ahead.

čarobnjak and bosna10 repped this.
  2. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    @BosnianPapiChulo

University of Calgary >>

A new stroke treatment has been shown to be so effective that Canadian researchers say they believe it will be used as part of standard stroke care.

The results of a new study, led by scientists at the University of Calgary’s Hotchkiss Brain Institute and published online Wednesday in the New England Journal of Medicine, found a clot-retrieval procedure, called endovascular treatment, significantly decreased the incidence of disability or death among those who experienced acute ischemic stroke....

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...oke-treatment-canadian-study/article22933559/

BosnianPapiChulo repped this.
  3. BosnianPapiChulo

May 8, 2013
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Wow that's fantastic. When I started there (2012) the Dean said the goal was to be a top 5 Canadian university by 2016. They decided to do this through research and findings. I'm so happy it's working out. Science is amazing,

bosna10 repped this.
  4. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Yeah Canadian universities are slowly catching up to US ones. Twenty years ago, many students here would go to USA to get better education and now it happens much less. It seems as if each province has at least one really good university...and yea science is truly amazing.

5. BosnianPapiChulo

May 8, 2013
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Well Canada has the best banking system in the world, so our business schools are doing something right at least. As far as MBA programs are concerned, York is usually placed around the 2nd best in the world. We've recently placed that higher emphasis on research too which is boosting our science programs. I personally think that our top 7-8 schools kill the vast majority of American schools, just that American schools look better because well... they're American.

bosna10 repped this.
  6. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  7. vamosmadrid1

vamosmadrid1 Member

May 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    WTF reading back, i sounded like a dumbass.

Glad i chose the IT route.

8. BosnianPapiChulo

May 8, 2013
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    You in university right now?

9. vamosmadrid1

vamosmadrid1 Member

May 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    University/college. Yeah bro, wbu?

10. BosnianPapiChulo

May 8, 2013
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Yea same, but I'm doing my internship right now and then finishing up my 4th and final year. I'm in Risk Management, Insurance, and Finance though. I was just gonna say that IT is an awesome field so great choice. When you finish your degree, you're golden. Everyone needs IT. Only shitty thing is you probably have like no girls in your classes and the ones that are there probably have thicker mustaches than you do

vamosmadrid1 repped this.
  11. vamosmadrid1

vamosmadrid1 Member

May 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    lmfao true.

Oh well, sacrifices must be made :D