The Scholl factor!

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Zwanzigoetzel, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zwanzigoetzel

Zwanzigoetzel New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    USA
    I have mentioned on several occasions in this forum that it might be a great move by Klinsmann to nominate Scholl as kind of a joker and savior if need be.

I've followed a lot of Bayern games and I've seen him play quite often. Without an exception, whenever he came into the game, he brought some fresh wind into the arena. He brings experience, plays smart, communicates well, makes great passes, introduces some new ideas, fights for every ball and CAN SHOOT GOALS.

I think he is just what the doctor ordered when it comes to the 50th or 60th minute and a game needs to be turned around.

I say Klinsmann, at least for once make a good decision: NOMINATE SCHOLL !

2. Bayerntone

Bayerntone Member

Nov 7, 2005
    HK
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Not only can he score goals, most of his goals are quality goals within the limited time available to him as a super sub of Bayern.

He is simply world class.

I support the nomination of Scholli without hestitation.

3. jkl;

jkl; New Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Didn't Klinsman himself say he was interested in Scholl in this role?

4. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, why not Scholl? And with Deisler not available: What if Ballack get's injured?
    Scholl also seems to be quite fit at the moment.

5. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No to Scholl as a starter. Who is he going to replace? Scholl is over the hill now. He doesn't play full 90 minutes anymore. Have him as a sub when a goal is needed only. But if you are going to take oldies, then woerns should be called back also.

6. snoooop

snoooop Red Card

Jul 16, 2005
    nobody is talking about Scholl as a starter.

ähm.. Scholl was never on the Hill.. always when he was seeing the Hill he was getting an injury. Scholl in an healthy body and he would be worldclass.

Wörns and Scholl are totally different.
    Wörns will never get anymore an chance in Klinsmanns squad, forget it! He said things about Klinsmann in german Media, wich are not acceptable, every Choach in the World would kick Wörns ass.

Scholl is a lovely guy, you know? he is a Player who can make some good tendency in the team, young Players look up to him.

why not bring back Babbel, Nowotny and Hamann and we everything what Klinsmann has changed is in the garbage pail

7. meista.de

meista.de Member

Mar 28, 2006
    MD
    Bringing Scholl would be better then brining some guy like fabian ernst or mike hanke. Those players shouldnt even get a look at the WC06 squad anymore. And if Scholl would be subbed in I bet the stadium would go nuts. So I say Yes to Scholli

8. Wotan

Wotan New Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Philadelphia (& CAL)
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I always liked Scholl & having him on the team as a "role player" would be a great asset. I say "yes" to Scholl. Question is---Is Klinsi even considering him? Had he said anything that would indicate he'd make such a move?:)

9. Psychosis hsv

Psychosis hsv Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    he can him in the team instead of schneider

10. snoooop

snoooop Red Card

Jul 16, 2005
    HA! :eek:

look at that:
    Klinsmann invites Nowotny for the Fitnesstests

but for real, he is definatly one of the hardest CB's ;) maybe we need such an Player.

11. Bayerntone

Bayerntone Member

Nov 7, 2005
    HK
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I hope he can pass the test with ease.:) Time to call up the old, trust worthy guards when the youngsters are shaky. Germany needs an anchor, at least one in each department!

12. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well..he shot himself in the foot with ousting Worns becuase he is better than Nowotny.

By the way, if Klinsman is to call up any seniors, it should be Scholl and Didi...these two know the game inside and out and can make an instant impact off the bench and would serve as great role models.

I really doubt Klinsman will come through with this though.

13. Zwanzigoetzel

Zwanzigoetzel New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    USA

You guys are sooooo right on the money. We need some experience, some people who know the ins and outs of the game (like we say in German "Alte Hasen") who can lead the way and show these youngsters some tricks.
    Scholl would be a fantastic addition to the team and yes, the stadium would go completely nuts the moment he'd be on the gras!

In addition this might be Klinsmann's chance to regain some of the lost trust and confidence he has lost towards the German fans.

He'd definitely gain competency points with me and climb up a couple places on the famous "Zwanzigoetzel Coach Rankings", where he is currently......let's see....number 78, right behind Trappattoni....:D

14. jkl;

jkl; New Member

Oct 15, 2003
  15. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Klinsmann schould nominate Scholl,
    because Mehmet is a player,
    who can decide matches.

Ballack is the only player in Klinsis squad, who has this ability,
    but i expect the other teams will put a watchdog
    along Ballack.

So i would love to see Scholl make the WC squad,
    i agree, he shouldn´t play as a starter,
    but as a substitute, who can turn around a match,
    where Germany will have problems (and there will be some IMHO).

16. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I advise you all to not put your hopes up too hight, I highly doubt Klinsman will come through with this.

17. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I'd go nuts in my lazyboy if he comes on. :D

Nothing like it...a long haired savior that eliminates England and sends the stadium into raptures. That would be the story of the World Cup. [/dream]

But seriously, he should be considered! He has the technique, the experience, the fan appreciation, the mentality, the WILLLL that so often describes previous German teams, but seemingly, not this one.

Come on Klinsi, you can do it! :D

18. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  19. Zwanzigoetzel

Zwanzigoetzel New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    USA
    Duh! Obviously....it's nothing but personal for him. Klinsmann will always go against what people expect, that's the type of person he is. If it is not his idea, it's a baaaad one. In addition he hates Bayern and everything that has to do with that.
    This confirms my thoughts that he puts his personal interest before that of the NT. I really start to hate that SOB. :mad:

20. Psychosis hsv

Psychosis hsv Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    scholl it seems there is no chance for him making the team