The Sanfrecce Hiroshima Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by stefanole, Mar 4, 2010.

1. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Hopefully Sanfrecce can get their offence firing again this weekend.

2. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Who's there to counter the loss of Kashiwagi's creative spark?

... Apart from constant long balls to Sato in the box. I think he should easily be considered the most valuable Japanese striker currently available. That pre-season video (against Kusatsu?) looks like he hasn't lost that freak goalscoring instinct.

3. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Obviously there is no direct replacement. So Petrovic is experimenting with trying to balance that out with a different formation, and I will feel better when Mikic and his accurate crosses are back in the equation. Otherwise the creativity and improvisation will fall to the other creative players (Aoyama in DMF, Makino and Stoyanov at the back). The remaining midfielders are decent at carving out their own chances but not so great at integrating with Hisato. Honestly I don't fancy our chances until the midfield is better balanced.

4. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    So do you see the tried-and-true 4-5-1 (or perhaps 3-6-1 at home) staying in place, despite the link between Hisato and the midfield missing a little bit? Or do you reckon an extra forward would be needed to give them a bit more force?

5. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Petrovic tried Tadanari Lee up front with Hisato (3-6-1 to 3-5-2) in the ACL match against Shandong Luneng, but it didn't really work. Amusingly, the matchday programme had the team playing the normal formation with the Morisaki twins in the team, but when the teams were announced Koji was missing and Tadanari Lee was included. It's a toss-up as to whether Petrovic does the same again to try to get the players used to it and make it work, or if he reverts to 3-6-1. I expect he'll try to stick with one or the other, and if it still doesn't work out (by May possibly, or maybe during the World Cup break) Sanfrecce should get their chequebook out and bring in a replacement. I guess what is really surprising is that this hasn't happened already, since they already have the prize money in hand from last season. Petrovic must have known that the side was well-balanced last season but prone to stuttering and miscommunication when influential players were missing. I have a nasty feeling that when Kashiwagi went, Sanfrecce's 2008 & 09 mojo went with him.

6. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-1 draw vs. Shimizu to start the season. S-Pulse equalized in injury time, so all things considered a disappointing result after holding the lead for 86 minutes (Sato PK 4').

7. Shizuoka

Shizuoka Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Club:
    Shimizu S Pulse
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I watched the Hiroshima S-Pulse game on the box yesterday and I thought Hiroshima were, in the first half, a really hard team to break down. The second half was a different story though, and 1-1 was probably fair.

Not impressed with the Bulgarian number 2 Stoyanov. On no less than three occasions (maybe more - the signal cut out for a good chunk of the first half) he went to ground under the slightest of physical challenges; rolling around like he'd been shot. It's not like he's a small bloke, either. :mad:

8. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Stoyanov's trickery was an interesting counterpoint to Johnsen and Ono's attempts to bully the referees, to be sure. It's starting to seem like the most obvious thing Japanese players learn from playing in Europe is how to work the referees over, and Japanese referees don't seem to know how to deal with it.

9. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
  10. manyar

manyar New Member

May 2, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Let it be some comfort that you only have him on loan.

11. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    After re-reading the summary of the IFAB meeting in Wales last Saturday, it appears that they are thinking about making some (probably minor) changes to penalty kicks. I wonder if a video of the "penalty pantomime" against Shimizu will turn up during the debate. All changes to the Laws will be confirmed or rejected after 18 May.

12. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Adelaide, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I was just wondering, is it likely we will see some Hiroshima fans in Adelaide for the Champions League game next week?

13. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Sanfrecce have teamed up with a local travel agent to offer packages to all the away games in the ACL, so it's likely that there will be a few. I can't promise any (native) English-speaking ones though since I've only met one other non-Japanese regular and we don't keep in touch.

14. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Is Nishikawa better than Nakabayashi?

15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Good timing :eek: .

16. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nakabayashi made some stupid mistakes last season that cost us points. At the moment Nishikawa seems to be at about the same level. :/

17. Vendo Thefastlane

Jul 16, 2009
    Mito, Ibaraki
    Club:
    --other--
    On Saturday, Hiroshima lost the UFJC title after holding it for 4 months...

18. FurinKazan

FurinKazan New Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Hey Vendo,

SAY YOU'RE A WOMAN.

love,
    Oldenborg

19. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I got an email notification for this?

20. Luislb10

Luislb10 New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Portugal
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC 5 -2 FC Banik Ostrava

6' Tomoaki MAKINO
    13' Hisato Sato
    42' Hisato Sato
    62' ISSEI TAKAYANAGI
    65' Shinichiro Kuwada

21. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I always hope Sanfrecce do well. My family is from Hiroshima and still lives in the prefecture, but somehow I became a Jubilo fan...

Still after Jubilo crashes out I always cheer for Sanfrecce next (of course for baseball Carp are my number one team!).

22. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQmFa4SvFSM&playnext_from=TL&videos=c72UbwUsSuY&feature=sub"]YouTube- 20100630 0629 TM ?????????vs??????????[/ame]

What a FK by Makino.

23. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  24. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not to be negative, but I think this was Sato's last chance. He'll be 32 in 2014, which puts him on the bubble in a position that's got a lot of young talent coming through.

25. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I wouldn't mind it if he was given the chance for next year's Asian Cup, but I don't think he's been as amazing as he was last season. At least, not whenever I've seen him.

The loss of Kashiwagi had a bigger impact on his performance than expected?