the Sam Kerr appreciation thread!

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by hotjam2, Aug 24, 2015.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1 hotjam2, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    had to start my own thread on my very favorite player in the whole entire world, Sam Kerr

here are highlights of her & her Sky Blue team taking on what on paper should the most powerful team in the world, the Portland Thorns. Kerr(#20) doesn't score, but breaks through plenty of times only to be thwarted by Nadine Angerer's point blank saves

only one more game left for Sky Blue, but she'll most likely go back to her native Australia and play for the Perth Glory in the up comming W'League

2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's a video from a few year back as Kerr's scores on a diving header and shows that she could be a capable gymnast as well

3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    had to bring this threat back on the most exciting player in the world! blissett; knowing Japan has to go through May's player of the month before it can try & win any title, makes me somehow feel warm all over lol! Kerr scores twice & another heluva of a victory celebration

gricio61 repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, because she is "Asian", right? :sneaky:

5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I though she was Maori(but that be more New Zealand). a bio says her dad's from India, her mom from Australia, but then she does have the eyes that look more Asian. If she's Indian, it's kinda odd, since India is known to produce top athletes ^ yet she's so incredible fast & flexible

6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I only wanted to be ironic about the fact that these days Australia is part of AFC, thus basically considered part of Asia, instead of Oceania as it should.

Didn't want to make any particular remarks about Kerr's facial features (kinda pretty, by the way, although her cheeks are a little chubby). She can look Indian, Chinese, Maori, anything you want, but Australia shouldn't be considered a part of the Asian continent! :devilish:

gricio61 repped this.
  7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    well I do agree, but the Asian Federation must of had final say and they let Australia in. Getting back to Sam Kerr, yep player of the week once again! Surprise though, I would of given it to Marta with her 2 goals, 2 assists stats vs the Dash. But then again it's the opposition that counts, and even though the Dash finally brought back Lloyd & Brian, they still in last place. So here's to you once again, Sam Kerr

8. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kerr's latest goal; scores on a bicycle kick

debzy, gricio61 and blissett repped this.
  9. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like how Kerr runs behind Corboz before joining the attack. That shook off Krieger! Edmonds has to switch from Corboz to Kerr, and never quite stays with her.

blissett repped this.
  10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    your link's a bit slow, but they got it at good ole youtube. First goal is simply amazing. In two of them she's clearly marked by arguably the best defender in the world. All this in just 18 minutes, as the announcer says at the end,"she's incredible"

blissett repped this.
  12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sam Kerr's reign as (double) Player of the Month has been ended by... Reign! :laugh:

I am anyway curious to see her in action in the Tournament of the Nation, starting today! :)

Quite excited for this tournament, although Japan's line-up is a little too much experimental for my taste... :cautious:

13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    any threat on the Tournament of the Nations?(3 out of 4 teams are not the US, so it should be on the International side)

14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    There is one on USWNT forum, and of course we're going to follow it on Nadeshiko Japan's thread also, but I didn't see anything on the international board.

Do you want to open one yourself? :)

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sam Kerr's incredible hat trick performance saved in this video

16. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sam Kerr s simply phenomenal! There's a nick name(hat trick) for scoring 3 goals, but why ain't there one for 4?

17. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Insufficient data :giggle: it happens so rarely, you'd retire before you could do it even once.

Insufficient disposable clothing :) All fans in attendance are already hatless, having thrown theirs after the 3rd. Nothing else travels so far -- they can't throw neckties, that idea won't fly. Umbrellas are too dangerous. Hockey might throw half of a cuttlefish, but that's kind of icky.

Seriously, there might be more trebles (league, cup, champions' cup) than quatros.

"Quad" means too many things already, especially for a leg sport.

gricio61 repped this.
  18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I seem to remember to have heard someone call this a "poker", although I am not sure if it's an official name for a four-goals effort.

gricio61 repped this.
  19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've posted highlights and/or the full game, as I don't think even Hollywood could come up with a better script than Kerr's remarkable achievement; she scores all 4 goals in the 2nd half when her team is down 0-3, hits the cross bar on a pk at the 93 min. mark, but scores one minute later with almost zero time on the clock!
    highghlights

full game
    https://www.go90.com/videos/7xziUgu4PON

20. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kerr scored 3 in a row, then Hayes scored a header at 90+1', then Kerr and Hayes combined on the last header. Credited to Kerr for her 4th, but I see a deflection off both their heads.

21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sam Kerr had another brilliant week,scoring 3 goals including the game winners in two matches vs Brazil this last weekend/. But unfortunately it might of just caused her the upcoming FIFA P.O.Y..
    Don't have all the details, but Kerr bad mouthed the Brazilians rather sharply during a TV interview. Now I don't know if this happened before or after the 2nd game, but apparently that match got way over heated. Here some scenes;
    http://tx-fns.tumblr.com/post/165514697109/wait-for-it

then the Brazilians refused to shake the hands with the Matildas(or at least Kerr) after the game ended

so knowing that it's NT captains from around the world who vote for POY. you got to wonder if Latins or the rest South America will not vote for Kerr?

gricio61 repped this.
  22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sam Kerr has jut been awarded MVP of the NWSL league. Earlier this year she won the W-League's as well. Though they didn't have an official award, she obviously was the best player at the Tournament of Nations(4 goals as her team won it). All in all, quite an incredible year for her. Here are highlights on some of the most exciting goals you've ever saw

gricio61 repped this.
  23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #24 hotjam2, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    lay it on baby, lay it on

Sam Kerr's rocket obliterates China 3-0 in the just played friendly

stats form that game;

shots
    Australia 17, China 3

shots on target
    Australia 8, China 1

Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  24. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    silly Chinese, your just mere mortals vs the goddess known as Sam Kerr!

dumb ass coach, that's what you get for not having Zhao Lina in there

2nd game, Australia 5, China 1

gricio61 and blissett repped this.