The Rivalry Thread - Messi scores two away goals

Discussion in 'Barcelona NSR' started by os_mutante, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    You do far better to follow me than to post the nonsense you been posting.

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    You define "successful" as lighting it up against minnows early in the season, then doing nothing in the business end of the year? Yup, Ibra continued doing that for AC Milan this past season alright. Since January he got more red cards than goals. lol (counting league and CL only)

Barca sure missed his clutch performances. :D

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That won't sit well with Busquet's values though.

So you quote the part of my reply where i was talking about Eto'o, and speak about Ibra. No wonder you're nothing more than Dr.Know's mini me, at least he can read and write correctly. :D

4. Richarded

Richarded Member

May 16, 2006
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    So you agree your bullsht has been nonsense?

5. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Is that a compliment from you? I'm honored :D.

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Fair enough. I guess I assumed you were talking about Ibra since his season in Italy went exactly like his season at Barca. Whereas Eto'o's role changed drastically.

7. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    :rolleyes: Everyone knows that skiing is better than pomegranates.

8. Richarded

Richarded Member

May 16, 2006
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think most people would agree they would rather ski than eat a pomegranate.

Too easy.

9. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Who said anything about eating the pomegranate? Stay on topic, dude.

10. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    A bit of Spanish for you all:

11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Is this the best you can do? Hypocrisy in it's finest hour... idiot. :rolleyes:

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I bet you're real good at scrabble.

13. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He definitely would suck at Words with Friends because that requires... well, y'know. ;)

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Bet you're great at comprehension and understanding context, but of course you already knew I did that on purpose adding the ':rolleyes:' to highlight it.

15. Tribune

Tribune Member

Jun 18, 2006

Not to engage into this piss-taking match, but whenever the Eto'o subject is brought up, by friends or foes of Barca alike, it is always forgotten that Eto'o was in the last year of his contract and he didn't want to renew.
    Barca could have done a better job than that ridiculous Ibra deal, but, due to the circumstances, the transfer value of Eto'o was small. It's not as if Barca wanted to give charity to Inter. Eto'o himself said he wanted to see his contract through and no more and, whatever happened behind the closed doors, the negotiations over the issue failed.

The best hypothetical scenario would have been to keep Eto'o for one more season, thus saving 45 millions paid for Ibra, but in the summer of 2010 Eto'o would have been gone on a Bosman and there was nothing Barca could have done about it. And that assuming Eto'o didn't quarrel with Pep or the Barca board behind the scenes - in which case his position in the team was quite untenable.

No, but Ibra was not worth 45 million euros + Eto'o. Everybody knew that - Laporta dropped the ball big time on this one.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Eto'o would have renewed if his contract would have been upgraded to what Barca agreed to pay Ibrahimovic.

17. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Obviously Pep was right, busquets would only repeat what he's learned from their system.

18. Tribune

Tribune Member

Jun 18, 2006
    That's a pointless statement, as nobody can know that. Or you have some link indicating otherwise?

You also have to consider that Eto'o might have pissed off a lot of people from the staff and the board with his prior antics - I would be very surprised if he didn't.

19. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Three seconds on Google:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/7915287.stm

Oh, by the way Cules, the reasoning for Eto'o not being part of Pep's plans is delicious in retrospect:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/7459513.stm

20. Tribune

Tribune Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Yes.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/02/samuel-etoo-joan-laporta-barcelona

Now, we do not know what the hell "astronomical wages" means in Laporta's mind, but there was obviously a break between the club and the player.
    And I seriously doubt it's about money, since Barca would pay 45 millions without batting an eye basically to get rid of Eto'o.

21. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Erm, are you thick? Where does Eto'o say anything in that? It's all quotes from Laporta. Let me refresh your memory of what I was interested to learn more about:

I'm sure there must be some quotes of Eto'o saying that he would see out his contract without signing a new one. I suggest you find them.

22. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And you are talking about the guy who, even though Guardiola wanted him gone when he first took over, still wanted to fight for his spot. One year and 36 goals later (including one in the UCL), Guardiola still wants him gone and its Etoo's fault.

Dont forget Guardiola has had to go through 3 world class (indisputable) strikers, and has had a fallout with pretty much all of them, yet still wants to sign another one for 45M in Alexis.

23. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    With Xavi and Iniesta? Replace Guardiola with a seal and the results would be the same. Possibly better because a seal wouldn't have sold the perfect striker for their system.

24. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    You fail as a Real Madrid supporter since you can't even remember 2008 much less 1959.

25. Barca1981

Barca1981 New Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Etoo wanted 5 years. barca only wanted to offer 3. end of.

real madrid fans who cant understand that simple disagreement have problems that surpass the scope of football :D

But lets state the obvious: If i was a madrid fan i'd do my utmost best not to mention the word: Etoo

This is the same player who was in your youth system and under your noses. you loaned him out like idiots failing to see talent even when it stood there in your own house. :eek: He banged your club inside out during his stay in spain. Images of the retarded casillas&roberto carlos are fresh in the minds of every cule.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBP-NCp51XI&feature=related"]YouTube - [/ame]

Etoo stood there and called you bastards on world television and that makes us damn proud. Madrid Cabron keep saluting the champions and do think twice before you bring up the magical words : Samuel Eto'o