The Rising Sun News

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Matsu, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    Those of you who have been trying to access the Rising Sun News are probably wondering why you just get a blank page. Unfortunately the old server is deteriorating steadily, and it may be just a few days or weeks until every page on the site is unavailable.

But this thread isnt intended to give bad news, but good news.

The all new and improved, upgraded and updated edition of the Rising Sun News is now online, at a new url:

http://www.the-rising-sun-news.com

It is a completely new and improved, updated, and upgraded version 2.0 of the website. I hope you enjoy it. Please spread the word about the new location, and change any link that you might have on your blog or website. Also, now that we are on an un-restricted server that I can fully control, I am going to start developing closer ties to other people's blogs and websites, including Goru's JapaneseSoccer.net. If you are interested in contributing and developing a cooperative relationship with the RSN, please e-mail or PM me. And please visit the new site to get the latest news.

(Did I mention that it is new and improved? :D )

2. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hi Matsu...

Glad to know your site is back! A site I was following since the start of the century (almost a decade).

Keep up the good work Matsu :)!

3. Shizuoka

Shizuoka Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Club:
    Shimizu S Pulse
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Great to hear the site is back online! I'll be updating my links on my blog. Just one thing I happen to notice just now: you mention there were 40000 at Hiroshima for their defeat of Urawa last week, but it was nearer 27000. Sorry for being picky. ;) Glad you're back - I was lost without you match reports these last few weeks!

4. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Matsu, good to see you back.

Go ahead and write that Sanga really sucked in Kashiwa, because... this time it is true!!! ;)

NO PAULINHO = NO PARTY!

And good to have the RSN back!

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    New and improved! Huzzah!

Good to have you and your site back, Matsu.

6. defunct

defunct Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Atalanta Bergamasca Calcio
    Great! I was beginning to get worried!

7. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Good to see you back :)

8. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a hosted site, so the hardware should be fully maintained. Unfortunately, the software maintainer is AWOL, so I'm glad you found a new home.

If only you had a forum...

9. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    That will be a priority issue, although it might take a while. Ill be sure to let you know when it is ready.

Can you still be located at the same emerald pastures of old?

10. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the GZ as always.

PHPBB3 seems the most mature free software. myBB would be more work, I think, and Kunena just not ready yet.

You're always welcome to stop by.

11. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I've set up forums before, and since I'm working on the beta for the new RSN I could get one done in little time with Matsu's permission.

12. One Star Wimmo

One Star Wimmo New Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Yokohama
    Hey guys, I was wondering whether anybody looks at the RSN forum anymore?
    I finally found the place 10 days ago, registered, said Hi to Ken and ..... still had no reply.

I wonder if he has decided to neglect his own board?

13. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    It gets less than one post a week, and I check it about as frequently. :eek:
    The old WSMB forum had a regular crowd, but there was no warning when it went down, and few of them would even know where to look for the new one. Plus I guess most of the J.League fans prefer to post here. Theres no need to have two boards with the same users, so the one on my site is essentially comatose.

14. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    True, but if its possible perhaps you should try to add a comment-section for the articles? it would make the site a bit more interactive, and I'm sure alot of people would have left comments there. And to avoid bots and such you could just add a simple security question, like "what is 1+7?". But that's just an idea, and I dont know if you have the software available to add such a thing either, so maybe its hard to make.

15. One Star Wimmo

One Star Wimmo New Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Yokohama
    Ahh I see....

yeah the last forum was fun so it was a shame when it suddenly disappeared.
    I can understand how you feel though, It may not be worth the effort to start over again if everybody is just going to stay here.

16. OneiroPhobia

OneiroPhobia Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Bump from page 2.

17. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I have to say, I haven't posted here in like a few years (since the last World Cup pretty much), but I have been reading the Rising Sun News again lately. I think the breakdown of the last match has been well done, and is consistent with what I have seen on the field as well as in the papers.

Okada Raus!