The Ricardo Vaz Te Thread - No. 4 [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Jul 6, 2006.

1. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    Ah yes...the goal against Guimaraes.

Ricardo played a full 90 minutes for the reserves against Sunderland last night. he played well delivering some great crosses. the side was very strong with many first team players involved. The final score was 1-0 to Bolton.

2. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You know, the last time he broke out against Guimaraes, the quality of his goal and his athletism had me thinking that he would be at least being considered for a spot on the Euro2008 team. But its pretty evident he won't be on the team.

He needs to break out once more, and on a larger scale if we are ever going to see him represent Portugal in that number 9 spot. An athletic, speedy, tall striker is exactly what we are missing.

3. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    The problem is that at Bolton he broke into the starting team in pre season this year, and then started the first match and was injured. On return to fitness we now have anew manager who doesn't seem to want to play him and is player inferior players that he signed since joining the club. He played for the reserves this week and did very well, although did take a few bad tackles from Sunderland.
    Hopefully he will be involved at some stage on Thursday night against Sporting. I can't wait for the game. The club have been great with ticket prices for this fixture as they want to dill the stadium. The most expensive tickets are £10 for adults and £1 for children under 16 years of age.
    I have managed to get a 10 seat box for the game.

4. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
  5. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    Please at least get a loan deal!

6. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    25 July 2008
    Vaz played the 2nd half of the pre-season friendly against Rochdale tonight. The game ended 0-0.

Bolton take on Macclesfiedl today, 26 July at 15:00GMT

7. BWFC/Sporting

BWFC/Sporting New Member

May 16, 2005
    Ricardo seems to be back in the managers plans. came off the bench for the last 10 minutes or so against Arsenal and also came off the bench at the weekend against Manchester Unted for the last 30 minutes.

8. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Noticed that as well. Against Manchester United he had a very good chance to put one away, but simply scuffed it. He still needs work.

9. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Vaz Te is the new Boa Morte. Lots of promise, big head, no substance.

10. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    He needs desperately to come back to Portugal and play for a team that will give him minutes on the field. He is going to die on the bench.

11. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Better than him dying on the pitch.

12. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well he hasn't really gotten any oppertunity, even when he was scoring impact sub goals. He still wasn't really given a string of games.

Yeah, I wanted him to come back to Portugal. I think he would fit well with a team like Braga, and could even explode under them.

13. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    I remember at the end of the 2006 season he scored 3 goals in his last 3 games...

Never panned out for him I guess.

14. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He was given one start and then right back to the bench... But they did have a more consistent player in Diouf then.

15. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    "Bolton striker Ricardo Vaz Te has been ruled out for the season after undergoing surgery on his right knee"

This thread has been quiet and it seems that it'll remain so for awhile . . .

It seems so long ago ( Aug 2003 )

"Bolton sign Portuguese starlet

Allardyce has won race for teenager
    Bolton have won the race to sign 16-year-old Portuguese starlet Ricardo Vaz Te from Farense. "

16. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ugh, Damn it.

17. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    don't tell me u still had high hopes for him :p

18. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I did. Amauri was a late bloomer.

19. castanha

castanha New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Hey, If Helder Postiga can score a couple of goals lately, perhaps there's hope for........

Ricardo Vaz Té foi oficialmente anunciado como reforço do Panionios (Greece). O jogador já treinava no clube grego desde o final de Junho. Segundo o site oficial, o avançado assinou um contrato válido por três temporadas.

O português transferiu-se do Farense para o Bolton, em 2003, esteve emprestado ao Hull City em 2007, mas voltou ao seu clube, onde ficou até 2010. Agora inicia-se outra etapa da carreira do jovem de 23 anos.

Boa sorte, Ricardo!!!

20. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    I spoke to Sam Allardyce and what he said about Ricky was that he was the most talented player he had ever coached and was a freak in training but couldn't produce in real game situations. Major confidence problem

hopefully he can fix this before his time is out

21. castanha

castanha New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Ricardo played the entire 90 minutes as his new team, Panionios, was beaten 1-0 by Olympiacos Volou in the opening week in Greece.

22. castanha

castanha New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Ricardo Vaz Te has scored his first goal in Greece, although his team lost 2-1. Panionios are in next to last place after 5 games. He's played 90 minutes in three of the games, and large stretches in the others. It's good to see him healthy and playing.

23. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Great piece of skill from him too, left foot outside curve. Glad to see him finally playing.

24. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Viva La Vazzie!

25. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    I can relate to that. :eek: Probably why I didn't pursue a career in soccer. :)