The Ricardo Vaz Te Thread - No. 4 [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Jul 6, 2006.

1. artistwanta_b

artistwanta_b Member

Aug 16, 2004
    First of all did Almeida start today for Werder today? NO.....

Second is Almeida is three years older the Vas Te. Vaz has played first team ball for Bolton for two years and is starting his third.

Where was Almeida at 20? Not starting thats for sure.

I can't explain Vaz Te lack of productivity other then I feel he is not suited for the wing. I am going to hold off my assessment of Vaz Te till he plays a full season at striker.

2. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    With shooting like that he'll never be a striker.

3. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    It's different doing it against under-21 defences than against organised Premiership defences.

4. decobraziliant

decobraziliant New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Almeida's injured...

5. CDSANTACLARA

CDSANTACLARA New Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Fall River, MA
  6. CDSANTACLARA

CDSANTACLARA New Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Fall River, MA
  7. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think that would be a good move not only for Vaz Te, but for Braga as well.

8. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That's because he was the only player trying to do something in the first-half.

He didn't even play as a striker, he was forced to come back to play as a left-winger, since Bolton had ABSOLUTELY no midfield whatsoever. It's hard to produce a good display with conditions like that.

I agree it wasn't his best effort or game, but he wasn't the only nor the worst thing wrong with Bolton.

Not too mention he apparently played some portion of the game with an injured foot.

9. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Get him at Braga, so he can play in his proper position.

10. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Well, he wasn't trying to put in decent crosses, or shots. He was pretty good at falling over though and giving the ball away. And playing with his head pointed continually at the ground.

What had he done to get to play up front? We gave him a chance up front before, he just runs into the box and falls over. Sometimes he scuffs a shot.

11. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That alst paragraph there tells me all I need to know. Which is that you don't have a stuffing clue how the game is supposed to work.

What had he done to get to play up front? Seriously what kind of stupid comment is that?

Absurd. What did any of the Bolton players do to play in their positions? This is the kind of thought I'd expect from an American, only forwards are good players and everyone else on the pitch sucks.

A true joke.

12. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    What the hell are you talking about? I watch Vaz Te regularly. He spends more time on his arse than on his feet. A couple of seasons ago he ran around the blackburn goalkeeper, and with an open net in front of him, flopped upside down as if he'd trodden on a banana.

Every time he is challenged for the ball he throws himself on the floor. When he does stay on his feet, he can't pass or shoot. We've given him countless chances but he just keeps pissing it away.

13. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Let him leave.

14. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Its true, Vaz te is a choke artist and looks like a goof sometimes. I hope he can succeed though - you can tell he has the talent but I question his mentality. Maybe he sufferes from stage fright soemtimes- but he needs to play CF and not out wide to show what hes capable of. if he can pop a couple goals in and get confidence he can have a break out season.

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Exactly, playing out of position on a more regular basis then playing his role is probably only further hampering not only his confidence, but his outright capabilities.

16. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Vaz Te regularly? How regular was he? He didn't play all that much except at the end of last season, which is obviously the great time for a player to make an impression.

I just don't understand how you can single out Vaz Te, or any attacking player, on a team whose main problem was not so much the zero next to 'Bolton' on the scoreboard, but more that huge ********ing THREE next to 'Newcastle'.

I actually remember the incident you're talking about from a few seasons ago, and the pitch was very slippery, there were lots of players slipping around in that game.

But hey, get rid of the youngest promising striker you have, and instead, give a raise to your defenders and your piss-ass goalkeeper, I'm sure that's how you'll keep teams from scoring three against your poor-man's defence.

17. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think Riccy's a confidence player and needs more first team games to really show what he's made of. If that's at Bolton then good but if we can't offer him that then I think he should go. He was appalling on saturday but it's not like he was the only one.

18. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    A lot of Bolton players are shit, but we don't see people on here desperately trying to defend him. I mean, you're saying he should play up front. In front of Anelka, Diouf and Davies? Yeah right. Face it, Vaz Te has nothing other than pace. I'll admit I have a soft spot for Vaz Te, but he's wearing it thin with his constant diving and poor deliveries and shooting.

19. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He more then pace though, he is good in the air and is probably one of Bolton's best ball handlers. He does NOT deserve to start over Anelka or Diouf, but certainly Davies.

20. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    errr... no.

21. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Meh...

22. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Davies can stay on his feet and hold the ball up. Vaz Te cannot do that.

Stelios can put in a cross. Vaz Te cannot do that.

23. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You may as well say he could replace Speed, Nolan, Hunt, Gardner, Meite, Jussi.

Davies is an integral part of our team and has a very specific role, Vaz Te is in no position to compete with him.

24. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    I admit his form has been a bit worrying, but the player I remember at youth level was absolutely prolific. Long range shots, perfect free kicks, clinical finishes, he showed himself to possess a range of skills and be far more than just a pacey player. Whatever happened to that I don't know, but its clear that much of his game resides in his confidence and fat sam definitely did a number on that and the fans riding him a bit hasn't helped it.

On another note, Bolton's 1-1 draw today without Vazzy even on the bench might indicate he may be inching closer to a move.

25. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We lost 2-1 and Vaz Te is injured.