The Ricardo "Q-man" Quaresma Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by fcp4life, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    I'm telling you, he was at his best when co adriense was here, and slapped him in the face benching him, and putting him on the bench the minute he ********ed up and did his selfish bullshit.

Now with co gone, Quaresma hardly gives a shit as jesualdo has no leverage over him to bring out his best, and quaresma hardly tries unless its a really important game.

Last night he just went through the motions and begged for penalties.

Pathetic.

2. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Last night he was owned by Pereirinha...all Quaresma could do was his typical run into the defender and beg for the call...it was great to see because all Quaresma deserves is to fail...he is a selfish egomaniac and needs to be put in his place if he ever wants to become an elite player.

3. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    Completely agree, last night all he did was cry for a foul when he would lose the ball. He was especially bad in the first half and when the ball is poked away he would look at the ref every time. He had an oppurnity in the box late in the first half and didn't get a shot off, he stopped let two defenders get in front of him and then he tried to beat him. His free kicks are off as well, he's great at crossing the ball but he can't hit a direct free kick. Only hit one good free kick since Braga at the start of the year and it was against Guimaraes but the save was still easy for the keeper.

I don't think he trains hard enough, he thinks he's as good as Ronaldo naturally and he can strole into a game and rip the team apart. He even went as far to blame his shoes and changed between 3 different pairs...

4. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nani to start in Euro.

Nah thats a lie, hes not even playing. Simao it is.

5. wtf_SCOLARI!!

wtf_SCOLARI!! Member

Nov 21, 2007
    This is exactly why I don't want him to go to another league...unless he is nanaged by another Sir Alex this guy is destined to fail miserably. He's treated well in Portugal and it is right that he stays.

6. bnrnortel

bnrnortel Member

Nov 18, 2004
    Quaresma had the opportunity to shine like Ronaldo - he was better than Ronaldo in earlier days.
    But Ronaldo has surpassed him because of his work ethic and his class.

If he is to move to another team - he will get lost in the shuffle and eventually lose it all. There is a long list of Quaresmas who when left Portugal - amounted to nothing - because the buyers thought they were buying talent - and it didn't show. So instead of investing the time to develop the talent - they let it rot.
    Quaresma needs a couple of "Chapadas" upside the head and someone to tell him to either shutup or put out. I think the fame has gone to his head - and unless the coach takes drastic measures soon - Quaresma will likely lose the talent he has.
    This is one of the reasons why I don't think he should be on the National Team. Yesterday's game was a poor effort on his part - and for the play maker that he is - he really suffered at it yesterday.

7. bnrnortel

bnrnortel Member

Nov 18, 2004
    As to signing a new contract - PDC knows what he is doing (read Futre all over again). Somebody will come knocking and will buyout Quaresma and PDC and Porto will get richer for it.
    It's all about teh "mula" now-a-days - cups are just an added bonus.

That is why PDC is upset that few of his players are not on the NT - because he can't showcase them and inflate their marekt value - if you're not on the NT - who wants to look at you?

8. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    When in life, in anything, has it NOT been about the money?

9. bnrnortel

bnrnortel Member

Nov 18, 2004
    When they played for the honor and the love of the Jersey.

Nowadays - even those that play for National teams are not giving it 110% like they used to.

Really sad to see this nowadays.

10. ilbambino

ilbambino Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't believe he signed, such a bad career move on his part. I believe he should go to Arsenal, Wenger would whip him into shape and make him a complete player.He needs to go to a better league.

11. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wenger and SAF would definitely put their foot down. Contract extension doesn't really mean anything though.

12. bnrnortel

bnrnortel Member

Nov 18, 2004
    Contract extension with more money means that PDC gets more money because they usually have to buyout the contract, or come to some financial agreement for letting him go before his contract.

As to shaping him up - in my opinion - I don't see him adjusting well to anywhere he goes - unless he is really interested in becoming an extraordinary player. I just don't see him bending over backwards to play above and beyond his status quo. He is not a player that adjusts well to the change in play in the game, and that has been seen over and over in important games. When the game is going his way - then he is truly an exceptional player - but that is not the case. Case in point his stints with the NT - game does not favor him so he does poorly. The game vs. Sporting - he should have adjusted his game and integrated his team in his playing as opposed to attempting to do everyone himself and accomplishing nothing. Same thing in one of last year's CL where the team shut him down and he couldn't adjust.

In my opinion, one of the biggest dissappointments is his inability to play with both feet. This is where Ronaldo/Mountinho/Veloso have eclipsed him because they practice this and can be seen in their gameplay.

Don't get me wrong he is an exceptional player - for Porto - but I think it will be difficult for him anywhere else.

13. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  14. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    I can't stand him anymore... he had a bad game, he deserved to be subbed off to give Helder Barbosa a chance, then he insults the coach? did he really think it would have been better if he stayed on?

15. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    These rumours about RMadrid having 1st choice for Quaresma have been around for months. I believe them and I think Quaresma has been well aware of them and that's what's kept him quiet with the media over him leaving Porto this Summer. Quaresma is being sold this Summer, there's no doubt about that. I believe it will be R Madrid, otherwise, Inter Milan will be next in line IMO.

16. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Rather see him at Inter to be honest.

17. santos6

santos6 New Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Latest rumour is Quaresma, Ronaldo AND MOURINHO to Real LOL.

18. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They should have just thrown in Veloso, Bosingwa and Nani for good measure.

19. santos6

santos6 New Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It would be good for the Selecção if they all played together at club level, but damn that is the last team I'd like them to play for.

20. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Quaresma was recently chosen by UEFA to show some of his technique and special skills for a special UEFA Training video because after each Champions League game their office (UEFA's) was "bombarded" with hundreds and thousands of e-mails from admirers of his game asking for pictures, interviews, special reports, etc...:

http://www.ojogo.pt/24-43/artigo705888.asp

21. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Italians love Q for some reason. At least in MTL.

22. quinas1139

quinas1139 New Member

Sep 18, 2007
    NJ & PA
    Thats because when he's on his game (not to often as of late) hes the most exciting player to watch in the world, bar-none!

23. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    That is not surprising. He has an abundance of talent. Great to see him play when he decides to show up. He has been a major disappointment this year though. I was expecting and hoping for much more than he has shown at the NT level. Maybe he is saving it for the world stage this year. I hope so. Too bad he does not have the drive (or at least half the drive) that CR has.

24. santos6

santos6 New Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    IF Quaresma had Cristiano's mentality he'd be second best in the world. He makes stuff look so easy he has a lot of raw talent.