The Revs without Semedo real suck's

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Frank Cunha, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    The Revolution without the portuguese Semedo, did suck. They got the best goalscorer in the League and can't win a game.
    The team is been boo, and the portuguese faith still support the team?

Semedo I guess he was lucky, he got out of town on time.

1 person likes this.
  2. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    In my opinion the Revs were pathetic before Semedo was signed, when he was in the line-up, and have been since he was released.

We'll just have to keep an eye on the lawsuit now. ;)

3. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I think Nicol is been a disappointment to me, he should be next on line.

If Semedo got a good portuguese agent he will get his money back. But don't worry the portuguese faith will continue to support the team.

4. italchacao

italchacao New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Austin TX
    Remedial English. ASAP

1 person likes this.
  5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I hope the Revs learn there lesson and don't signed any portuguese player for the hell of signing, just to keep the faith happy.

6. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    There is one rule in the portuguese forum we speak whorever language, and write the way we want.
    So stop troll before I call the management and you will get a yellow card.

7. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    I believe it's a lawyer from Rhode Island that was looking into the details of Semedo's release.

That's exactly what Rev fans are known for, being loyal. We've never had a championship-winning side yet we have one of the higher attendance averages. People come out to support on a consistent basis. It can only get better if they actually performed well.

I met some Portuguese Revs fans on opening night. Great people who really understand the game.

8. thurd

thurd New Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Melrose, MA
    havent heard anything of this lawsuit, whats up with a lawsuit...?

9. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Cappellari that why I like you. You one of the outside guys we respect. But next Revolution game you going to buy me a couple Cuba cigars, because my its almost over.

10. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    They are claiming the circumstances leading up to his release were against MLS rules. He had not fully recovered from an injury when he was let go.

Other than that I don't know all the details. I haven't heard anything since I first heard the news.

11. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Thanks. But what is almost over for you?

12. moacir

moacir New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Figueira da Foz, PT
    REVs suck!

In short: Semedo says he was told to sign a paper so he could playin the near future. Allegedly he signed a paper saying that he was fit to play so he could be fired.

1 person likes this.
  13. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    You know I smoke cigars when I am posting, and this one its almost finish, Its time to light up another one. So I light up another one, that means I will be here another half hour.

14. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    The Revolution management full the poor portuguese and they taught they were going to get away with it.

Its time to fire the coach and hire me and Joe Manso and I promise you, will make the playoff. I promise do to my age I will resigned after carry the team to the finals.

15. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Re: REVs suck!

Now I remember. Semedo does not speak and cannot read any English. His lawyer is claiming the Revs gave him a contract only in English on purpose. This way they'd be covered.

16. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    If he was spanish they definettely would give him a contract in spanish. Don't you guys think its a double standard?

17. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    It doesn't matter what nationality he was or what language he spoke. If any of this is even true and they did do something wrong they would have done it to anybody who didn't speak English. I'm suprised he signed something he couldn't read and didn't have his agent or anyone else approve it and explain it to him.

18. thurd

thurd New Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Melrose, MA
    Re: REVs suck!

im not trying to get anybody mad but thats why you read it and if you cant understand it you get an agent who can and will explain it

19. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Does anybody believe in trust? the poor guy is trying to get health, and they stick a paper in front of him, the all New England Revolution management should be fired.

20. thurd

thurd New Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Melrose, MA
    as much as it is a game to us, it is a business to some people. this is how they make (or lose in mls) their money.

21. Benedict XVI

Benedict XVI Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Ciudad del Encanto
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this thread is barely applicable.

they do suck without semedo, though. he was class, from what i saw.

22. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I hope this is not the way the Revolution do there business.

23. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    I have one more comment for this thread, which I still have trouble understanding why it belongs here. Everyone can bash the Rev management all they want, but consider one important point. The Krafts, who operate the Revolution, have been big supporters of the US national team and the development of soccer in the US. For all of us who care about US soccer, you should always remember this fact.

24. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Revolution fans deserve better.
    The Revolution management that put the paper in front of Semedo should resigned, its my opinion.

We have to thank Capellari for bring the news the way they are.

25. nas2nj

nas2nj New Member

Jun 12, 2002
    Newark, NJ

Cuban cigars!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this.