The Return Of A Legend - Bienvenue Zidane

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by AriGold, Jan 4, 2016.

?

What do you think of Zidane's appointment as manager?

Poll closed Jan 14, 2016.
  1. Wonderful, I have a huge boner.

33 vote(s)
    49.3%
  2. Okay, half chub.

19 vote(s)
    28.4%
  3. Meh, wanted someone else.

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  4. Horrible, i'm completely flaccid.

5 vote(s)
    7.5%
  5. Doesn't matter, we are DOOMED.

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Yeah I'll substitute those two CLs for some beautiful Tiki-taka.

Deep Pal and Shay Z repped this.
  2. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Ain't it wierd that we are Real Madrid, yet don't have a top 10 striker currently.

Deep Pal repped this.
  3. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    We won the last two CLs with fake striker Benzema. Just saying.

Chinky24 repped this.
  4. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    It was as if the players were tired. I read that Zidane makes them do a lot of athletic training to prep for the psg games.

But I wonder if he doesn't make them do too much.

Deep Pal repped this.
  5. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Yeah. But I still find it wierd then.

6. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Maybe some extra conditioning, but considering we are at the middle of the season and we need to hit proper form... Nothing strange really.

7. Zizou2017

Zizou2017 Member

AC Milan
    France
    Jul 14, 2017
    All that isn't going to make ramos amd marcelo become any quicker because that is what we are going to need against mbappe and neymar,won't stop varane from not reading the play proprely.

8. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Who said anything specifically about "quicker"? Besides, without proper physical state you cannot "read the game" properly.

9. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Shay Z, robnycus and HZinho repped this.
  10. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Great read, Zidane is simply a class act. You don’t often see players and characters like him anymore. The ideal teammate and manager as far as I’m concerned. Deserves a huge amount of credit for the work he’s done in the past 2.5 years. Hopefully he decides to stay!

saadomar, Shay Z, Digital and 1 other person repped this.
  11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    977510428203986945 is not a valid tweet id

12. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think he will too. The pressure is detrimental to health. Hopefully he wins the 3rd consecutive UCL and goes like a legend that he is. Would be fun seeing Benz back in the French NT :ROFLMAO:

13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Zidane leaving would be a huge blow. He has brought stability, tranquility, and success.

14. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think he'll take over France. Great money and a MUCH lighter work load

Plus I am sure he had 2 goals as a coach. Glory with Madrid, already achieved, and glory with France

15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    If he leaves blame our stupid media's which have made our manager position so untenable we can't even keep or best one we've had in decades for longer than 2.5 seasons.

Oh and the idiots who wanted to fire Zidane should be forum banned.

16. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Who wanted him fired?

17. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Go back and read the threads. Some of them have gone quiet because of our CL results but two of the "fire Zidane" banner wavers are still proudly stupid.

EDIT: Were you one? Serious question. Only a hit dog hollers.

18. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I really hope Zidane doesn’t leave this summer. I’m hoping he will stick around for a few more years. We need a long-term coach.

19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    There are already a few reports about Raul being the next coach, and he hasn't yet gotten his coaching qualifications. Although to be fair, they did the same thing with Zidane.

20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Lol 2 Cls and a league title in 2 years is unprecedented success, especially for a rookie coach. I don't always agree with his decisions but his success is undeniable

21. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I dont even know who would be a good candidate for us if he leaves. Guti might be one, but he probably needs a season or two with Castilla first. I think he stays, mainly because he knows we really need him. The pressure is insane on him but he's not new to this, this man was carrying France for the longest time, and had to carry the burden of being the most expensive player in the world for 5 years with us.

Shay Z, raven3k and Zidane05 repped this.
  22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    It would be an unmitigated disaster, because our manager position is hardly what any of us would describe as an automatic success plug and play situation.

For all the flack Zidane got when he began, he spent years on the bench with two top managers learning from both.

raven3k, Akramzizou and Zidane05 repped this.
  23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I'm still not sure about him. If he still has the same temperament as when he was a player, it might not work out well in the dressing room. He reminds me of Schuster. But then again, Zidane had moments of insanity on the pitch as well.
    I think with time, Raul will be a fantastic coach. You could see it when he was a young player. But he needs a few years to be seasoned, there is literally no reason to rush him.

Shay Z repped this.
  24. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The only defensible argument for asking ZZ to leave is if you believe the players have started tuning him out and that’s why the scheme has holes in it. It certainly felt that way at times. Only the club’s management would know if that’s the case.

Barring that, he absolutely deserves another season in my mind, no matter how this one ends.

25. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If France got their arse kicked at the WC Finals and Deschamps got fired, it would be hard for Zidane to resist the call from France.