The Return Of A Legend - Bienvenue Zidane

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by AriGold, Jan 4, 2016.

?

What do you think of Zidane's appointment as manager?

Poll closed Jan 14, 2016.
  1. Wonderful, I have a huge boner.

33 vote(s)
    49.3%
  2. Okay, half chub.

19 vote(s)
    28.4%
  3. Meh, wanted someone else.

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  4. Horrible, i'm completely flaccid.

5 vote(s)
    7.5%
  5. Doesn't matter, we are DOOMED.

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And still missed them, no?

2. Stiliyan

Stiliyan Member+

Feb 11, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes, everybody has bad games. The point was that he is far better striker than Benzema because he is actually able to get away from defenders running towards the goal not standing with his back all the time. Even in our match from yesterday you could see that on several occasions when Valencia lost the ball immediately and he received it around the box.

Halycon repped this.
  3. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While it's debatable if Morata is having a good or bad season, there is no doubt that he is having a better season than Benzema, as was the case a year ago, and that is really all that matters in the who is the better player argument.

Deep Pal repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The argument wasn't who the better player is, it was more about how effective he was under Zidane vs how under he responds to the expectations in London.

5. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the argument is that Zidane and Perez made a big ********in mistake selling Morata, however, it would most likely won't mean a thing since Benzema starts no matter what.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Morata said it himself that it's the second time Conte calls him, and that he makes him feel like he is the "number 1 option". Morata made it clear in recent interviews that he didn't intend on staying unless he is the only option (so forget those "Morata+Mbappe" ideas people had).

Shay Z and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  7. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Morata ain't number 1 Real Madrid quality tho.

Nathanial Essex and SayWhatIWant repped this.
  8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    The mistake was never selling Morata. For the last time it was that we didn't adequately replace him and others.

The mistake was Florentino Perez refusing to sell Benzema or Bale, which pretty much put our season all on Cristiano's scoring form, considering we had no other alternative.

Digital repped this.
  9. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    ^ Yeah but since Bale and Benz have contracts and we normally dont push players out of the club, we should have kept one of Morata/Mariano.
    I understand Morata wanted to leave due to poor squad management but Mariano was actually told to go to Lyon by Zidane.

10. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    Where are the top strikers? There really aren't.

Deep Pal repped this.
  11. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    They are chilling in PSG.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  12. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What, the only option at Real Madrid?, whilst everyone else has more than one option, even us right now, no matter how bad the “option” is?, that’s not realistic thinking in this day an age IMO, but I supposed he’s entitled to feel what he wants, what about possible injuries,fatigue and so on?, if he actually said that that sounds a bit delusional to me, no 1 fair enough but “only” ? odd.

13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    These kids want assurances.

Mbappe's circle wanted something similar with needing BBC broken up to come... of course Mbappe is demonized for this; Morata not so much.

14. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At least I can understand breaking BBC, I considered that reasonable in the summer but to want to be the only striker at the club, a club like ours that fights to win every comp we are in, lots and lots of games and he wants to be the only striker, in this day and age when top clubs understand the rigors of the season, and make sure they have backup as I mentioned before no matter how good or how poor?, actually most clubs big or small try to have two players at least for every position, as I said, crazy talk IMO, if true.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  15. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Morata is mentally quite weak, was never going to cut it at Real Madrid. Not to mention that, and I’ve said it numerous times before, he is not the #1 Real Madrid should be aspiring. I do appreciate that the market is a bit ‘thin’ nowadays with respect to strikers, but it is what it is. We got a record deal out of him (~85ME) and he didn’t necessarily prove us wrong, did he? They freakin brought in Giroud, I mean..

Like others said, the mistake was not adequately replacing him (e.g. Jovetic was available (incredible player)). Alternatively, if we sold Morata and kept Mariano for example, we would have been fine.

Digital repped this.
  16. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Giroud is brought in to be a sub.

17. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We should just start a Florentino Perez thread haha.

18. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Also he didn't make that demand to PSG?

Sell Cavani or he will stay in Monaco. I didn't hear him make such a demand from them.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    That is exactly my point.

Yet in another thread the people who want BBC broken up to agree to join the club are seen as weak-minded, entitled and unreasonable.

Hadn't see Morata called much last summer...

Digital repped this.
  20. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I actually don’t know if such a demand was made or not, I am saying “I” thought it would have been reasonable to break up BBC last summer, so if he did make that demand I would have had no problem with that at all, at no point did I see us selling all of BBC in one go, so being realistic I would have had no problem with one or two leaving, still, wanting to be the “only” striker at our club is what I have a problem with, and was really posting about, that’s not a realistic request in 2018 IMO, and again I add, if that story is true

21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It's a lot easier said than done though. It's a two way street; the players have to want to leave. It seems that Bale was made available, but he wanted to stay in Madrid.

Digital repped this.
  22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They already had Batshuayi as a sub, don't really see the trade off to be honest. Can't really imagine that this is what Conte was looking for in the market either.

23. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lewandowski, Aguero, Suarez, Diego Costa, Mbappe, Cavani, Kane, Icardi, Falcao, Dybala.

More?

Morata, Lukaku, Aubameyang, Higuain, Werner etc.

There are top strikers still playing but somehow we stopped competing with the other big clubs for their signatures OR we don't want to waste/spend money on them.

temesgen and Deep Pal repped this.
  24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #1999 Shay Z, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    https://www.realmadrid.com/en/fans/...s-players-at-the-half-time-break-in-the-final

"Luka needs to push up occasionally" He does just that and crossed for Cristiano's sublime finish for the 3-1.

"when we have the ball be patient, look to move it quickly on to the wings ........................ we will score we just have to get the ball out wide" This was just so funny because we make fun of his fondness of wing play and crossing. lol.

I heart Zinedine Zidane. :inlove:

natenate101 repped this.
  25. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Zidane can love the wings as much as he wants, it’s shit on a stick football for most part of 90 minutes. Considering our personnel.