The Return Of A Legend - Bienvenue Zidane

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by AriGold, Jan 4, 2016.

?

What do you think of Zidane's appointment as manager?

Poll closed Jan 14, 2016.
  1. Wonderful, I have a huge boner.

33 vote(s)
    49.3%
  2. Okay, half chub.

19 vote(s)
    28.4%
  3. Meh, wanted someone else.

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  4. Horrible, i'm completely flaccid.

5 vote(s)
    7.5%
  5. Doesn't matter, we are DOOMED.

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Any stats on chances created? From what I can see this season, most of the blame lays with Ronaldo and Benzema missing clear opportunities.

2. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    No.
    Compared to other players on our squad, he, by far, sees the least of the ball. When he does receive it, it is usually right around the box. Part of this is his fault, whenever he drops deeper and gets the ball, he just passes it backward.

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The main problem is, 1 goal from Ronaldo and Benzema each is otherwordly bad. Last season, which was pretty bad for his standards and had him criticized as being "off" he had scored 5 goals, and scored the hattrick against Atleti (which ironically falls on the same date this season).

4. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ok,are we talking about Ronaldo here?, because I am confused

J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Absolutely agreed, abysmal, which is why we need a striker that is capable of putting the ball in the back of the net, not one who is mostly there to make space for Ronaldo, and who will be played by the coach no matter his scoring form and who only really has Mayoral to compete with, as you and I both know Ronaldo won’t ever be dropped to the bench, this poor run of form “may” have forced ZZ’s hand with Benz, .......”may have”, if there was a better striker option backup, let’s see what happens tomorrow, maybe Marco will get a start

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  6. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    watching Morata, how much do we miss a striker that is both physically strong and constantly harass the defense. in 45 minutes he put in more effort and run then what CR and Benz have put the entire season for us.

7. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  8. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Our tactics have become a serious problem. And its an even bigger problem that Zidane doesn't see that. Every damn team, even Fuenlabrada, know exactly what we are going to do. You can win on the sheer talent of your players but not forever. Where is the Zidane who outclassed the so called Italian genius in the CL final?

I have no problem with us crossing all day all night, I am not one of those football hipsters who thinks its all about style. If we are gonna do that though then wtf are we doing with Benzema and Ronaldo up front? Buy target men and cross away. All of this makes no sense.

Either use tactics that suit your current players or buy players that fit into your tactics. But fcuking pick one. We are getting owned by teams and its not just 1 or 2 games.

9. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Exactly what I've been saying. If we're gonna cross then go some tall players who can head the ball. If we won't then go for players like Dybala & Icardi.

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The team outfoxed Atleti. We generally play better when the opponent comes out to play.

11. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I do consider Ronaldo to be capable at getting on the end of crosses though, IMO that is playing to one of his strengths, he is very good in the air and attacking the ball so no issue there with him for me, Benz on the other hand, no.

12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    What's a feasible solution with the current personnel?

13. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Force Ronaldo to as a single striker. That dude, even with his bad form, can jump higher than any player. That means no more of this CR going to the sides and trying helplessly to pass players. he will be our RVN.
    Bench Benz and add Marco, or let Kova join the mix and either him or Modric move to a more forward in the midfield position.

14. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Strange post considering CR is one of the best headers of the ball in the game. Benz is also pretty good in the air. The delivery into the box just usually hasn’t been good enough. Also, Benz and Ronaldo get in each other’s way in there. There really only needs to be one of them in the box and the other either playing a different role or on the bench.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Considering that this is Morata's best personal season so far, it's a good way to measure it i think.

16. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Build from the midfield utilizing Isco, Luka and Benzema's best qualities of creation and link up. Movement in and outside the box is paramount. Use Marcelo and Carvajal like we did last season. Cutting into the box from the elbow. Use crossing as well, obviously, otherwise we'll be one dimensional again.

You've said it yourself. It doesn't matter how good of a header Cris has if he is never at the end of it. His positioning with Benzema has been atrocious. Sometimes the delivery has been bad.

17. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We lead in crosses per game.. It's 27..

18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I think we're trying that. I don't think it's tactical. I just think a lot of players are out of form. That, and the bench players aren't stepping up to the level we had last year where Zizou could change tactics mid game with subs.

19. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  20. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is not funny, not funny.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Top level strikers that don't sign for whoever offers them the most money as a priority. We made an honest approach to Lewandowski, and approached a promissing teenager who demanded Cristiano Ronaldo wages.

This forum has been calling almost every striker on the planet either a choker or overrated,

22. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Priority should have been to keep Morata from the start anyway. That is the biggest blunder losing him because Benzema has to start is the tragedy here. I would take any striker over Benzema, I never rated the guy that's been obvious since he's signed for the club.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Probably, but i think Morata was set to leave regardless of what Zidane would tell him.