The Return Of A Legend - Bienvenue Zidane

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by AriGold, Jan 4, 2016.

?

What do you think of Zidane's appointment as manager?

Poll closed Jan 14, 2016.
  1. Wonderful, I have a huge boner.

33 vote(s)
    49.3%
  2. Okay, half chub.

19 vote(s)
    28.4%
  3. Meh, wanted someone else.

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  4. Horrible, i'm completely flaccid.

5 vote(s)
    7.5%
  5. Doesn't matter, we are DOOMED.

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So basicly benzema and bale will play no matter what this year.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  2. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    J-Mezzy repped this.
  3. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If he still continues with the BBC after what he has seen today, he is an idiot, full stop.

Deep Pal and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    How on earth does he say that with a straight face on? What a load of horse shit.

5. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Maybe he wants to be fired....

Deep Pal repped this.
  6. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Sad thing is, I've never seen a manager utilise such a good bench the way Zidane does. I'm mainly talking about games like this where we see an entirely different lineup and the likes of Ronaldo not in the team and still winning very comfortably.

Remove his stubborness, forget BBC and we'll have the perfect manager.

Deep Pal repped this.
  7. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    Flogging a dead and buried horse: how in everything that is sacred did Isco not play a minute of the Classico?!

Hendrix22 and Deep Pal repped this.
  8. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He didn't really say anything groundbreaking. Pretty much a standard uncontroversial statement from the always chill ZZ.

The Bale issue solved itself with his injury. Although if he is back in time for the UCL final and starts, there will be hell from the fans and media.

And we've seen he will not budge on the Morata/Benzema issue regardless of what Morata does.

It sucks because we're probably going to lose a talent like Alvaro which is surprising given the club's ambition with trying to invest in more Spanish youth and successfully doing so. We're also extremely lucky that Isco has strong reasons to stay in Spain because he'd probably be gone if not for his kid.

Deep Pal repped this.
  9. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He doesn't make this shots.
    its all Perez.
    if he does, then he have no place in this club or for that matter any top club. it means he's an idiot.

10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    The only thing that makes sense to me is he is trying to keep those egos happy. I'm sure he doesn't want Bale reporting him or Benzema drunk driving in his Bugatti.

Crazy.

11. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    What do you guys want him to say though? That Benzema sucks and Bale is worthless? If (and I hope it's true) we're looking to sell some "key" players come summer we can't in late April throw them under the bus. Their value will plummet. We talk about getting our money back for Bale by selling him to United or another EPL club, that won't happen if Zizou comes out and says he won't play because Isco/Asensio is better. Same with Benzema.

S1na, Shay Z, libertao and 2 others repped this.
  12. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If :
    1) Both Benzema and Bale stay
    2) We lose any of : Isco, Morata , Kovačić, Asensio( hell ,James is a world-class player. A formation switch would do us wonders)
    then Zidane is a failure as a coach to me.

These are players that every club in the world would kill for. You think Barcelona or Bayern wouldn't take any of these (except James for Barcelona ) in a heartbeat? Ronaldo, Ramos & Modrić are all on the wrong side of 30ies

13. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I could see why Isco would stay. His family is in Spain and IIRC his wife is living in Malaga with his kid, i don't see him moving to any club in Spain and moving out of it he would be even further from his family.

Asensio and Kovacic are still in that "young" phase and they will probably stay one more year. But as i've said many times now, i can't see a single reason for Morata to stay. Zidane has made it clear plenty of times now that NO MATTER WHAT, BENZEMA STARTS. If he has a little self-respect he won't take that. I can see a lot of clubs going after him. With Diego Costa rumored to leave for China, Morata would be a great buy for them. He's also worked with Conte before so that's good.

In all honesty though, if Zidane keeps going like this we will lose one of La Liga or UCL this season. The irony is we could win both if he wasn't so adamant in his starting 11 and especially BBC.

14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Everyone is playing well, and competition is high in the squad. That's it.

Why does he need to say "Those who play more also play well." Like he either thinks the fans and his team are a bunch of idiots, or he's that delusional.

J-Mezzy, sleepyvato50 and MerlinRM repped this.
  15. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Well he was vague.. He didn't point at any player.. he is talking about everyone from the starting team and that also includes Ramos/Modric/Kroos/Carvajal.. not just the bbc

16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He knows who the journalists were asking about, and we know who he dropped that line about.

Deep Pal repped this.
  17. Payman

Payman Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane actually rotates well compared to Ancelotti , he barely rotated in his time.
    Ancelotti would've played with the same 11 (maybe a few changes) against Deportivo.
    If we see 3 managers using bbc even when they are in bad form, who do we blame?

18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Comparing apples and oranges in terms of squad personnel.

Madrid_1902 repped this.
  19. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane. Asensio, Morata and Kovacic have all been underused by him. Kova barely featured after Modric, Kroos and Casemiro were all fully-fit. Everyone and their dog knows just how laughably unjust his insistence on selecting an underwhelming Benzema over Morata is.
    And Lucas was preferred to Asensio up until the end of last month.

20. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    If we end up selling Morata for babysitting Benzema it would be the worst piece of footballing decision by us .

There aren't many strikers at his age who can do all that he can do , we need to keep him at any cost .

21. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I think you forget how many strikers we parted ways with so Benzema's position doesn't get challenged. Hell, Morata himself was one of them.

I've never in my years of watching this club seen anyone as protected as Benzema. No one comes close.

Deep Pal repped this.
  22. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    I do remember and look at how it had panned out.

Higuain had a monstrous season. He is the kind of striker who wins you the league.

Morata knocked us out of the semis .

We need to take lessons. It is one thing to protect him when he was young , if we do the same for a soon to be 30 year old , it would be really ridiculous !

23. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    What I meant to say is that it's already been one of the worst decisions that have happened and continues to be.

Deep Pal repped this.
  24. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Can't continue with this anymore !!! It is nauseating and obnoxious.

25. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    "Everyone is playing well" vs. "Those who play more also play well" -- what is the difference there? You're splitting hairs.