The Return Of A Legend - Bienvenue Zidane

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by AriGold, Jan 4, 2016.

?

What do you think of Zidane's appointment as manager?

Poll closed Jan 14, 2016.
  1. Wonderful, I have a huge boner.

33 vote(s)
    49.3%
  2. Okay, half chub.

19 vote(s)
    28.4%
  3. Meh, wanted someone else.

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  4. Horrible, i'm completely flaccid.

5 vote(s)
    7.5%
  5. Doesn't matter, we are DOOMED.

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    By the way, if we do strengthen the team with big names now, was it Zidane holding the transfers back or how will the magic ball interpret that?

I thought Mbappe didn't sign for Madrid because Zidane didn't guarantee him a starting spot and now Zidane is leaving because the club would sign Mbappe that Zidane Actually had a hand in allegedly convincing to stay away?

Are we flipping this squad argument around like a pancake depending on what we're trying to get out of it?

Deep Pal, Bear Crotch and Oscar repped this.
  2. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    But they weren’t . They could not even beat Leganes.. which to him was a shock.. he did not even want to say the word to describe how bad that was.
    How does Isco justify becoming an untouchable in this team after getting substituted in the final and outplayed by the two guys who everyone said should be benched because of him?

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Then again, he allegedly told Mbappe he would have to fight for a spot so Mbappe apparently chose PSG because of that. If he really wanted the player, why would he be so casual about him playing for us?

4. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Zidane is as a very honest, humble no bullshit person.. so that is what he thought at the time.. consider Mbappe is a great talent but only 18 years old and he was still outplayed by DiMaria in many games last season.

5. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Wrong. Di Maria did good for only a few games in early 2018 when MBappe was actually injured. Even against us in second leg, he played with injuries not fully healed.

Through the whole season, MBappe did way better. I'm not the one saying it, everyone said the same at the UNFP trophies.

6. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    The point I am making is that DiMaria is a very good player and deserved to start over Mabppe against us, even Mabppe said this..
    We also have very good players here so perhaps those situations would have been handled here differently and that is what Zidane meant, that he will see the bench. If not 100 perfect fit or drops form whereas at PSG he becamw untouchable from the get go.

7. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Emery doing bad choice by playing him injured instead of Di Maria != being outplayed by Di Maria.

That's his choice to pick PSG because of what they offered to him. I'm not sure the ones complaining would have done differently. Being promised a starter slot at 18yo alongside Neymar is really tempting.

But people like to blame others, while a large bunch of them would have done the same choice as MBappe. A good bunch of fans of any clubs are hypocritical.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All I know is when Mbappe was on the table for us, he had absolutely destroyed anything Di Maria had done since leaving us, what the point about discussing last season? When he was on the Shop window his feet were throwing sparks while he was playing.

9. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Me personaly would have chosen PSG as well.. very tempting offer to refuse and dont have to leave the country and be close to my family who I would be able to visit everyday if I wish.

10. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gracias Zizou, your legendary status only grows with each of your decisions.

Zidane is Real Madrid personified.

11. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    3 consecutive CL Title with 10 million euro net spend.

IMG_20180601_195905_892.jpg

12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
  13. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Karim was also the first choice for Mourinho, Ancelotti & Benitez too.

14. Ankur Upadhyay

Feb 18, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He was a far better player at that time. He has declined a lot in last 2 seasons.

15. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    "Declined". Has created most goals per in LaLiga alongside with Messi, Dembele & Fornals while being our most influencial player for making RM's attacking play to tick. Guess you don't pay attention to his individual perforamces I guess.

16. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In any case, Zidane is a proper legend and class act. I still can't believe he won't be our manager next season, but I completely respect his decision. Anything else is pure speculation at this point (but I like reading your discussions about it haha).

I'm sure he'll be back in the future!

Bear Crotch repped this.
  17. Phenom9

Phenom9 Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If you cant recognise the fact that he has declined over the last few years, then its clearly you that hasn't been paying attention. OR those Benzema fan goggles are getting too cloudy...:p:D

18. Ankur Upadhyay

Feb 18, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He has declined a lot. 5 goals in La liga playing as the striker of this Madrid team is ridiculously bad. His output is declining by each passing year. Ronaldo is 33 and half and we shouldn't rely on him to score all the goals. We need a striker who can share scoring burden with Ronaldo and this version of Benzema is not that guy.

19. Estel

Estel Member+

May 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    CR7PT repped this.
  20. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    CR7PT, Deep Pal, madridista_hr and 2 others repped this.
  21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

There won't be any truth to Qatar rumours right? Some fans feel Emir took revenge on us for going for Neymar and offered ZZ 50 ME per season to coach NT. I doubt ZZ accepts such a job.

Hsain85 repped this.
  22. Estel

Estel Member+

May 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Apparently, the guy who started the rumour is from Egypt and still unhappy with what happened in the CL final with Salah. So these rumours need to be taken with a bunch of salt.

However, Zidane did have an ambassadorial engagement with Qatar for their 2022 World Cup bid, so it cannot be ruled out completely, if only because of this prior link.

Ayayain and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  23. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    I doubt it too, but everything is possible.

24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1002588921228914690 is not a valid tweet id

CR7PT repped this.
  25. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Benzema scored 24 LaLiga goals alone (best league campaign in his career yet to date) and delivered around 20 goals in all comps. Don't re-write the history. Although his goalscoring production may be admittedly lower, Benzema has at least created most goals per 90 and produced 10+ assists for the team.

So I don't really know what "decline" you're talking about lmfao, but perhaps your anti-Benzema fan googles gets a bit cloudy?

Stopped reading there...

Benzema is not an out-and-out striker but rather more of a F9/SS depending on which system we're using. He's being involved in the build-up, making runs to create spaces for other players. You can't really compare him with the likes of Lewandowski, Luis Suárez, Harry Kane, Cavani, Icardi etc. If anything, Cristiano is the actual striker for this Real Madrid team. The team is built where most of the chances falls on him.

Cristiano is RM's best player ever, but the time has come to phase him out from XI. It's not sustainable when the main man can't play in every game as he once used to in the past.