The Relief thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Father Ted, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    #1 Father Ted, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    Seeing as the other Jose thread is already closed(and why???) so let's have this...

So happy he's gone, now I'll actually start watching us full time again. I never wanted him here in the first place. I got lambasted here when I wanted him gone after year one especially after him holding up the 3 fingers as if the Community Shield/League Cup/UEFA Cup mean anything. The Prem is always the benchmark for our success so celebrating a season where we finished 6th is a joke.

Jack Donaghy repped this.
  2. thenamestsam

thenamestsam Member+

Aug 8, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    One of the things I understand least about this board is the policy of closing threads where people are still actively posting on topic comments just because the person in question has left the club. Mourinho is still going to remain an active topic of comments for quite some time - why shouldn't he continue having his own thread? Makes no sense at all.

On the topic of this thread, I'll say that at the risk of suffering from recency bias I don't think I've ever disliked someone associated with this club as much as Mou. The joylessness of his whole shtick was the biggest thing for me. Even during the periods where things were going relatively well he was such a ********ing prick all the time - always moaning, always nursing some grudge or trying to one-up someone (and more often than not the person he's trying to get one over on is one of his own players) or settle some score. Went perfectly hand-in-hand with the disillusionment of the players that has been so evident on the pitch for so much of his tenure.

Perfect moment to sum it up for me was the winner against Young Boys. We get a badly needed stoppage time winner and how does Mou react? Not with joy, not even with relief, but with fury. He brought a negativity to his whole reign that I hope we never see again. Good riddance.

Jack Donaghy and FijiUnited repped this.
  3. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    I have never been a fan of Mourihno and his appointment drained most the life out of me. I always thought he was overrated and lucky, many may disagree with that but it's okay. The main thing here is that he's finally gone and I went into work today feeling so excited which is a feeling I haven't had in years

Jack Donaghy repped this.
  4. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have...Nemanja Matic. I know Jose brought him in and played him everygame but I still have Matic more.

5. Jack Donaghy

Jack Donaghy New Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Aug 9, 2018
    Ding Dong the C*nt is Gone! Hallelujah!

doubletrouble repped this.
  6. thenamestsam

thenamestsam Member+

Aug 8, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    While I despise his style of play I find it hard to put blame on him personally in the sense that he puts in a good effort, seems like a good teammate, decent guy. He just isn't a particularly good player anymore, and certainly doesn't have the legs to be dragged out there every game for 90 minutes regardless of opposition. I can never hate a player for being out of his depth the way I dislike Mou for single-handedly poisoning the club for 18 months.

doubletrouble, J'can and MizzouMUFC repped this.
  7. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Jose was ******** and very relieved he got axed.. OGS looks to take over and hopefully we can look forward to see attacking football... and hope the club is reset from core with Dof to scouting network..

9. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our interim managers thoughts on Liverpool

incighte, doubletrouble and Father Ted repped this.
  10. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Had a gr8 laugh last time and still fill me with joys :D

11. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    I had the last laugh out of everyone on this board who jumped ship but all of you were on him when he was hired. We all knew that was coming and it was not really that good either.

I am anxious not relieved. Woodward has to get it right. In my book there are only a few clubs that can play that sacking game Juve/Barca/Real/Bayern because their leagues are less competitive.

We have to have a plan stick with someone with a vision and football philosophy even if it takes a few years to make it right. We have the talent to compete and we have revamped the academy to compete.

Klopp can stay Liverpool manager even if they do not win because there is consistency in play, vision and philosophy. He hasn't won jack but he'll stay. There is nothing wrong in not winning for a few years if you are on the right path for success.

United between 2001 and 2007 we sucked but there was a vision. Barca under late 90's early 2000's sucked but there was a vision. Bayern too in the early 2000's. You gotta have the right people in place.

One thing that gives me hope about this club is we always produce a gem and players. There is so much talent up front.

12. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still dead and buried last I checked... What last laugh?

Anonymous_United repped this.
  13. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Where you were on Mou's **** and clearly that experiment was a failure. The team is more broken than before he arrived.

14. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was no case for van Gaal to remain in charge. Mourinho was always a gamble (because of his self destructive tendencies) but the options were few and the belief was that he would at least deliver a major title, as he's done prior in every club he served.
    We move on and look to the future, with the hope that Woodward will have learned from his mistakes and gets someone who will be a right fit going forward...