The Red Baron: Josh Sargent at Norwich City

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Oct 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might have been an alternate to the 18 and warming up if there was an injury to one of the attackers in the 18.

2. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which I believe will make him better in the long run. Kid has to win his starting spot over a long list of just as hard working guys whose livelihood depends on being the best of a group of fantastic footballers.

3. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Go Bremen. Take down the evil empire ✊.

4. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    Watched part of it anyway. WB doesn't look that bad.

5. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I hope after sending him out to test the grass, they kept Josh around to watch the game, instead of sending him to the Aldi to get the Gatorades.

And Bayern scores. Against the run of play. But they're saving energy for the game on Sunday too. Must win, because BvB is right there.

6. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Bremen fights back wonderfully to make it 2-2 but a terrible dive from Coman wins Bayern a penalty and they advance 3-2.

7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    They should just give Bayern the title and the cup in September and save everybody the time.

Pegasus, Winoman and Gorky repped this.
  8. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frankfurt beat Bayern in the Pokal last year. Leizpig have a chance to get their1st Pokal Cup

WheezingUSASupport and ShortyMac repped this.
  9. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Most probably. Even if it's not the (main) reason, it's still a positive signal that he's included. It happens a lot with young fringe players. The message is basically: "we've got 6 strikers and only one or maybe two places, so PT is going to be a little short this season, but we like what we see and you're in our plans for next season."

10. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    And Tyler Adams the hero

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bremen officially buys Fullkrug from H96 who returns to the club. Now lets see what happens to Kruse....

Dr.Phil repped this.
  12. slider4CU

slider4CU Member

Borussia Dortmund
    United States
    Apr 12, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. I'm sure Pizarro retires too

13. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every time I see his name I laugh and do a double take and think it says F**krug. Decent player. I wonder what this means for Sargent.

14. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Fullkrug has been banged up all season

15. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

So they intentionally bought a player who's injured most of the time, and would likely spend half the season off the field, that means our boy will have chances to get some minutes.

Good plan, I like.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    he's not injured most of the time. He had 1 injury this season that took him out for the season, not the same thing.

more like H96 are headed for relegation and Bremen and Gladbach were fighting it off to save him from 2BL. Like any club who get relegated, players jump ship.

17. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    And the more injury-prone require a soft landing ...

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    instead of looking at players and injuries. How about Sargent shows himself instead of needing others to get injured which is wrong view.

he's only 19 and most strikers don't breakthrough for real until they are much older than that. Nothing wrong with how he's been used so far.

19. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I think what earlier poster meant is just give Bayern the title in both CUp and league play as the officials in their matches of late have been porous..

Earlier this week they got every call known to man and had to go up a man to score.

Then that dive was absolute crap.

Excellency, Suyuntuy and TimB4Last repped this.
  20. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

I remember Klose breaks out at the good young age of 28/29?

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol what? Klose was playing in some no name club in some very very low level before moving up.

Made his pro debut at 20 but didn't breakthrough until he was like 22 back when he was playing 1BL with FC Kaiserslautern. Made his Germany debut when he was 22 and played his 1st WC at 23 but turned 24 during the tournament.

not sure what Klose has to do with Sargent, different, eras too. Would say that H96 Weydandt's career path is a closer comparison to Klose. Weydandt started his career in the German 7th division..... Klose's move upwards was something you rarely see.

Sargent's route is your typical route, player plays in U19 or II. II in this case and gets 1st team chances. Majority of others are 2BL strikers that move up. This is of course not looking at players that come from outside.

I think your mixing up being in one's prime age for striker with breakingthrough as a regular in club.

Dr.Phil and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  22. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Fullkrug had a very decent season the one before this (and his injuries are big a part of H96's woes, I'd suggest.) He's more of a physical CF than Sarge, from what I've seen. Plays more like a scrappy Jozy or a stronger, more physical AronJo. I'd bet 20-30% of his goals are headers, another 15% or so are FKs - he hits a decent long range ball - and most of the rest are opportunistic poacher goals. He's not super skilled but he's a scrapper and very competitive. Kind of a Wes if he was a real striker/CF.

So while he doesn't really play like Sarge, he is a pretty pure attacking player - and I think he was a WB youth player?

23. yankthisyank'swank

Oct 13, 2010
    93DBFEBD-938D-44E7-84A2-824BC110F334.jpeg He’ll have a big Gold Cup, return to his club, make a few preseason appearances, score some goals, and then ride the pine until being loaned or purchased in December.

Bremen coach is anti-American and dislikes gingers; you can see it in his eyes.

24. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    [​IMG]

ebbro, mace and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Baumann has stated that Fullkrug's transfer has 0 to do with Pizarro's future.

Old man Pizarro is doing well enough that wouldn't be surprised if they renew for another season. Although Aron still seems headed out.