The Red Baron: Josh Sargent at Norwich City

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Oct 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Happens all the time. Some stars blossom early but some blossom later.

2. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tough to get a change of scenery, at least one with better supporting players, unless you stand out and produce despite the poor players around you. He may do that but certainly hasn’t yet. Hope he will.

striker repped this.
  3. don Lamb

don Lamb Member+

mine
    United States
    Aug 31, 2017
    He doesn't need a change of scenery. He's a big part of a relatively big first division club that values him as a 19 year old.

Josh has already made lots of progress this year. He will continue developing, and there is no way Bremen is getting relegated.

tomásbernal and wrench repped this.
  4. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m still somewhat optimistic. Bremen shouldn’t suck as bad as they do now, not sure if it’s coaching or they are just deviating below their mean a bit. They seemed to be above their mean a couple season’s ago so now they are just balancing out.

I did suffer through watching the last game, (despite the warnings) because Josh was in there. He got the start over a healthy Osako which is awesome. He has steadily progressed. Slow and steady wins the race and Josh is looking to become a great player, IMHO. He ain’t no flash in the pan nor is he flaming out. Steady progress.

think of Jozy at ultra-crappy Hull. He didn’t accomplish much of anything, unfortunately. Josh has already done better on a crappy Bremen side.

By the way, Suyuntoy was 100% correct, the game was BL2 fodder. Painful to watch with Morales as a (dim) bright spot. Sarge wasn’t awful but didn’t light it up either. Meh

5. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    1219041277326626816 is not a valid tweet id

Pl@ymaker and Winoman repped this.
  6. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    early in the year they both played together a couple of times. I remember because Osako died his hair red and it was hard to tell him apart from the Red Baron.

Deeneaus and striker repped this.
  7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    They're going to get rid of Cowfield when it's too late to save themselves.

8. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    But I believe they never started together.

9. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are probably right about starting as Sargent wasn't starting that early in the year.

10. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Didn't mean to be finicky but was just thinking if they start together we might see some different pregame strategizing.

11. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the three you proposed but their midfield isn't very creative so not sure any group of forwards will do much with that bunch.

12. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The good news is that they picked up erstwhile Captain of Hoffenheim, cb Vogt, over the break and he looks to be already contributing - clean sheet in his first outing v. Fortuna.

13. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately Vogt got carried off end of last game.

Excellency repped this.
  14. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    upload_2020-1-20_22-36-25.jpeg

From Kicker. Rating 4.5 against Düsseldorf (1 best, 6 worst). So, pretty bad rating for a pretty bad game.

Attached Files:

Pl@ymaker and wixson7 repped this.
  15. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone needs to get the guy from Major League to do some reverse voodoo to cancel whatever curse they have on their defenders.

16. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was not a good game for Josh... 4.5 seems pretty harsh but not that far off the mark. Again, I did think he was productive offensively and defensively with aerial balls but he had some uncharacteristic poor touches. Never a good time for a young player to perform poorly when trying to secure a starting role... but coming off a great winter break I think this was a particularly inopportune time to under-perform. Bummer. He will probably be back on the bench this weekend.

On a related note... I have to agree with the contention that the mid-field play has not been good for Bremen and that it is seriously affecting their ability to score. Josh was certainly not the only one that played poorly this past weekend... but the mid-field has been relatively poor for a lot of the year. As a matter of fact, the only player in the front 6 that has consistently balled is Rashica.

17. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Based on the number of games that you said you have watched, my guess is that you watch multiple games at one time, not that there is anything wrong with this.

superdave repped this.
  18. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm beginning to suspect Suyuntuy mite not be an actual human. You never know these days.

striker and lmorin repped this.
  19. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    He has either posted a picture or mentioned in writing that he has a multi-monitor set up

I think it was at least 4

striker repped this.
  20. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Broke poker player of the naughts ;)? I keed i keeed

21. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Five monitors actually. And I can record streams. And I can find anything I miss in the soccer games repositories.

It's the 21st century. Anything you want to watch is out there if you know how to search. Do you want to watch Mr. Robot in Farsi? It's out there. Watch the Australian Open tennis semifinals from 1988 in Ukrainian? Yep. Watch a Brazilian soap from the 80s in English? Indeed. Read MAD magazines from the early 90s in German? Yep. The tapes from live concerts in the 60s? There you go. The tablature for obscure Polish guitar pieces? It takes a minute.

Anything you want to watch, read, observe, view, analyze, dissect, listen to, play in an instrument, etc. it out there somewhere. But you need to know how to search. That's the trick.

PS: The web is just the tip of the iceberg. There is much, much more.

22. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Suyuntuy is up there for names that would most likely be used by an alien.

I'm pretty content not going on the dark web to risk seeing snuff films, thank you.

ttrevett, eliwood, Winoman and 1 other person repped this.
  23. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And a lot of it is still buried in the huge libraries nobody visits anymore, waiting to be re-discovered by future archeologists. Or, Google employees with scanners, whichever comes first.

Suyuntuy repped this.
  24. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

I know he was injured. Just observing it from a statistical standpoint, that Sargent was more effective as a player when he played CF and his coach should have seen this more quickly.

25. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His last appearance aside... I completely agree. His best position is CF and I am not sure why they don't run the following front 3 out on the regular:

Rashica - Sargent - Osako

Osako and Sargent are hardly ever on the field together.... which makes no sense to me... because Osako's best position is right-winger. Rashica is their best player and belongs at left-wing... so why not this lineup? I don't get it.

don Lamb repped this.