The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1124785164163457024 is not a valid tweet id

Deep Pal repped this.
  2. mxaxbxm

mxaxbxm Member

Oct 28, 2018
    #2427 mxaxbxm, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
    My player ratings for yesturdays game:

Coutois: Navas is better, enough said
    Varane: Did his job
    Vallejo: Did his job; the goal is not enough to convince me, but has a future if he continues like that.
    Carvajal:played better than his past few matches. His injuries have affected him. Hope he overcomes and regains confidence
    Marcelo: Same as always, great attacking, not so much defending.
    Valverde: Plays better everytime I see him
    Kroos: Slow and timid as always; needs to go
    Casemiro: Another goal because of his slow decision making and lack of vision. He needs to go
    Lucas: He needs to go back to last years form. He tries to dribble too much. Still, did a decent job
    Brahim: Trying to be the gamechanger as always. Really like him, he needs to play more
    Mariano: Can be a great sub. Great job yesturday

Subs:
    Isco: Needs to go
    Asencio: Not playing at his fullest. Would keep him one more season
    Vinicius: This guy just brings energy to the field. He still can't shoot for crap, but shows he can be a great assist

3. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Casemiro wont go because its hard to find players like him, if you think Kante will come so easily then we would have done that by now

4. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kroos was arguably our best player after Mariano.

I feel like people watch these games with these conclusions firmly established and nothing on the pitch will change them.

PigBenis, Shay Z, YOUNGSTARS87 and 4 others repped this.
  5. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    I know, mostly its been Isco & Asensio who let the side down many times.

Anon., robnycus, Digital and 1 other person repped this.
  6. mxaxbxm

mxaxbxm Member

Oct 28, 2018
    #2431 mxaxbxm, May 6, 2019
    Does it necessarily have to be Kante? There are other players that could do a better job than Casemiro

7. mxaxbxm

mxaxbxm Member

Oct 28, 2018
    You just said it, arguably. Brahim, Carvajal, Marcelo and Valverde were better and doing more than Kroos. What exactly did Kroos do aside from a weak shot to the hands of the goalie?

Kroos has a playstyle that does not benefit Madrid right now. If anything, I can say that Kroos played like Kroos, which is not much. The only game where Kroos has impressed me is in the 2014 World Cup against Brazil.

8. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Zidane thinks it was tiredness and the heat .

"We played much better than the other day and I feel much happier now, as do the players. We won the game at our ground and I'm pleased. It was a rather end-to-end game and when you're 3-1 up you shouldn't be letting them score, but we did. It's a variety of things, tiredness, the heat... but we didn't finish the game brilliantly."

Prit Javier repped this.
  9. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2434 MiamiNative0722, May 6, 2019
    He launched 11 long balls. He won 9 duels. He had 6 key passes, more than anyone else on the field. What is timid about that (how you described him)?

Again, I'm not saying we need to keep Kroos or that he's still a beast. But you described his game vs Villarreal as timid when he played very well. To me, that is making a conclusion about a player without actually describing what's happening on the pitch on the day. I would probably agree with you as an assessment of his overall season, but not this game in particular.

Halycon, Anon., Shay Z and 1 other person repped this.
  10. mxaxbxm

mxaxbxm Member

Oct 28, 2018
    Long balls and key passes to where? Did they help in the score or create scoring chances? I won't argue the duels because I only recall him taking 2 or 3 balls from the rivals.

Why I say he is timid? He almost always plays the ball back before anything else; sometimes his teammates initiate a run towards goal and he does not send the through pass; he often stops Madrid counterattcks and decides to play back; he is very fragile and many times when there is oportunity and continue an attack, he prefers to get a foul called than make the play; he is very slow and rarely helps defend; when he has a chance to shoot from outside the box, he rarely does and prefers to pass it instead. That is why I say he is timid.

In regards to his game yesterday, he played as much as I expect from him. Madrid was not really pressured and there is where his deficiencies are even more noticeable, so maybe I get why you think he did a good job yesterday.

But putting him on top of Brahim, who initiated the first goal, Valverde and Carvajal, who were key players for the third goal, and Marcelo, who made the shot for the second goal, then I guess statistical numbers like the ones you gave me are more important than the actual events and protagonists of the victory.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  11. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Lies, damned lies, statistics and Toni Kroos.

Prit Javier and mxaxbxm repped this.
  12. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nathanial Essex, Doni and Prit Javier repped this.
  13. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Modric in 2nd row. Lucas next to SR4.

14. rrrrrafik

rrrrrafik Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 26, 2007
    London
    Maybe Modric is trying to recruit Oblak

Prit Javier and natenate101 repped this.
  15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Until 2028.

Prit Javier and Shay Z repped this.
  16. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    THEY BETTER BE PAYING US MORE THAN MANCHESTER UNITED

17. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I don't know why Marca didn't list it in their article to compare. But if we get €120 million per year, we get +/- 30 million more than Manchester who get 750 million pounds over 10 years, which with the current low Pound is about € 872 million (so 87 million per year)

Prit Javier and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Utd were overtaken by Barca anyways. 105 ME fixed for them plus 50 ME variables apparently from Nike.

Oscar repped this.
  19. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Totally forgot about their deal, I also thought Manchester was still leading the pack in shirt sponsoring.

20. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Man U Adidas deal could be reduced by 20% should they fail to make the champions league 20/21 edition.

21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

robnycus and Eddie repped this.
  22. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That seasons purple kit was the first one i ever got. I still have it somewhere and my daughter wears it some times :D.

I remember that we were the underdogs in that game and almost everyone was expecting Juve to win it. They had Zidane, Del Piero, Inzaghi, Edgar Davids etc.

Here's the players talking about it. For me, La Septima is one of the most important titles of our club.

-Reivax-, PigBenis, Shay Z and 4 others repped this.
  23. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    We should be top dog now, only Barcelona should be close

24. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    1998, 2000 we were not expected to win.
    2017, 2018 same story. Liverpool are going to thrash Madrid blah blah.
    Juventus have only leaked 3 goals all season in the CL, they leaked enough in the final.

25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I read a bit from Sid Lowe's "Fear and loathing in La Liga". Juve were such overwhelming favorites that RM backroom staff didn't even take champagne bottles for post match celebrations. After we won, they borrowed the ones Juve had brought to celebrate. [emoji23]

RMSocrates, Vector-SS, Aimar 21 and 3 others repped this.