The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    The initial investment may come from a loan, but in no way does that prevent from selling the naming rights at some point before or after the end of the renovations. It's the smart thing to do in a world where you're competing with state run clubs.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think at this point it's a staring match against Barca about who will do it first, then the other will follow with the excuse "they did it too".

3. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The way the Marca article was worded the yearly cash flows do not at all include any projections incoming from naming rights. It might do in the future but that will only make the NPV of this project even better, with any future agreement landing at a 100% margin so good news all round financially.

The overall project is looking better than I thought it could as I’d assumed naming rights would end up being a large factor to overall annual revenue, but it seems it’s very attractive even without it.

@Hsain85 I’m just going off from an article on the english version of Marca which had a short translation from our general assembly meeting, no details of the figures were provided.

4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    More VIP boxes removing some normal seats, commercial buildings inside Bernabeu, I guess.

4x4s repped this.
  5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Those VIP boxes are legit disgusting but a part of modern sports.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  6. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Essentially we’ll be able to lease out the land/area within the stadium to all sorts of commercial and retail businesses, which would be attracted to having a presence in the revamped stadium. It should work in theory, unlike those half occupied malls out in the Middle East and Asia.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    By the way the basketball team won the Supercup on Saturday. Prepelic has done really well with his shooting so far, but i'm still nervous about it. :D Can't wait to watch the team live in the Euroleague this year.

Eddie repped this.
  8. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm 75% through it. What a journey, what an incredible achievement by our team. One of the things that stands out the most to me is how much of a leader Ramos is. He is leading the team talks in the entire build up and during the game. Guy has turned into an absolute icon of our times. What a player and what a leader.

My one wish is if they made a similar documentary to this of the 06/07 La Liga campaign. Now that would be amazing.

Shay Z, natenate101 and S1na repped this.
  9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Do you have a download link? Thanks. :)

10. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Unfortunately no download link and it's in Spanish, but it's something! Haha

natenate101 and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thank you very much.

It's easy to download from Youtube using online sites or software like IDM. :)

12. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That'd be great but they don't have the behind the scenes footage for it.

I remember watching a fan made video of the campaign a couple of years ago, with a cheesy but nice Star Wars intro explaining the mission, showing some of the come backs etc., it'd be worth a watch or two, if you could find it.

13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This 2006/07 La Liga movie is as good as an official production. Got me emotional back in the day.

14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It's silly to hold on to sentiments when that much cash is involved that can put the club in a great place in the future. Look at Bayern, does anyone care what their stadium is called. Plus, everyone will still call it the Santiago
    They absolutely do not include naming rights in any way, and as I said earlier in the summer, the loan is very easy to get for the club because of their great financial shape. That's all thanks to Florentino, who really will go down as the greatest club president by the time he retires. That said, I think the club will actively seek a sponsor for the naming rights and will easily get it. It's an easy win for both parties. I think it's just about finding the right amount.

15. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The museum looks incredible. Don't really care for how the stadium will look from the outside though.

16. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just beautiful. Can't get enough.

Shay Z and madridismo repped this.
  17. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Anyone got a link for the English version?

Shay Z, Digital and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  18. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yup, I think behind the scenes footage might be too much to ask, but maybe do interviews with the players who lived through it - Ramos, Beckham, Ruud, Roberto Carlos, Higuain, Reyes, Guti, Iker etc.

Would be amazing to hear their thoughts and stories through those weeks because there were so many simultaneous amazing story arcs - Beckham going from outside the squad to becoming a key piece, Roberto Carlos about to retire, Reyes who was in on loan as a last minute fix, Higuain coming in in January and creating 2 absolutely key goals etc etc etc.

Man what a crazy crazy season that was!

Shay Z, S1na, CivilProtection and 2 others repped this.
  19. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wife's gravestone?

Absolute scumbags. Worse than bacteria

S1na and Eddie repped this.
  20. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thanks for sharing, unspeakable season, so many emotions so many incredible memories.

I distinctly remember me celebrating a lot of these goals like it was yesterday, at the Huesca away win I’m pretty sure my dad was convinced I’d lost my mind when that Roberto Carlos goal went in.

J-Mezzy, Shay Z, Saeta Rubia and 2 others repped this.
  21. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Bacteria isn’t really ‘bad’. It just does what it’s meant to. I’d take bacteria over these bastards.

J-Mezzy and Shay Z repped this.
  22. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  23. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Why the heck is our game so late tomorrow?

Sometimes I wonder how mentally backward we are as a league.

These players want to earn huge wages and the clubs want to demand huge revenues but...
    1. You abhor the idea of playing a huge potential market like the US.
    2. You sell your tv rights to an oil state network who then attempts to muscle American cable/satellite providers like they have bullied Europe (failing magnificently) then sit quietly (and defeated) as said providers tell you indirectly to fcuk yourselves because they refuse to work with said oil state leaving your league severly handicapped with viewership.
    3. You always have key teams (specifically Madrid) have very late start times which kills it's (and you as a league) viewship in Asian countries; yet another huge market.

I literally give up on La Liga being ran competently. Even when there is a new idea which would help the league the clubs (including ours) snuff it out. Instead of making adaptations to increase viewership all the league does is find ways to destory itself and reduce it.

Cristiano is gone and messi is following. If those juggernauts aren't replaced watch as the league's value plummets.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. white_raid

white_raid Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Could someone provide an overview of Zidane's half-time talk vs. Liverpool from the documentary? All I've seen are videos in Spanish with French subtitles...