The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

1. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nominees are out for the UEFA Awards being presented on August 30th.

[​IMG]

Midfielders: Casemiro was 4th and Isco 8th
    Forwards: Bale was 8th.

robnycus and S1na repped this.
  2. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Why the fcuk is Messi nominated as the best forward

Shay Z and Eddie repped this.
  3. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I'm surprised he didn't win the Golden Ball again. :rolleyes:

Shay Z and S1na repped this.
  4. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Buffon, KDB and Messi have no place in the UCL top 11.

ahnaf repped this.
  5. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    To be honest i don't know how Liverpool, a finalist, has one player there and Barca with an embarrasing exit against a much weaker side also has one. Mane or Firminho should be there instead of Messi.

Eddie and Anon. repped this.
  6. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Karius has to be there. No other player on that list had a bigger impact or contribution to the eventual winner than he did.

Eddie repped this.
  7. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So, does anyone remember why Del Bosque subbed Makelele out for Conceicao in Glasgow back in the 9th CL win?

8. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017

Reportedly, Real Madrid, and Barcelona will be the first to do it.

We will play some La Liga games in the USA.

libertao, Shay Z, Zidane05 and 1 other person repped this.
  9. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Stupid and unnecessary traveling for our players.

Don't like this move. So incompetent in the way to market the product you have to drag whole teams to another continent.

Anon. and meringues repped this.
  10. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    And Canada. :)

rrrrrafik repped this.
  11. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Unless it's beginning of the season or end of season, I don't think it's great for the players.

12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    We're there every summer anyway. If you do it to kick off the season, then there is no unnecessary travel really.

Doni repped this.
  13. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Keyword if.

Something tells me these incompetent dumb asses will choose a mid-season game with Champions League game scheduled on the same week.

meringues repped this.
  14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It'd be better to have a game there in January right after the two week Christmas break.

15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    You've never been to Canada in January, have you? :D

libertao and Ayayain repped this.
  16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nope. [emoji23] Maybe in an indoor stadium. Afterall, NBA all star weekend was held in Toronto recently. I think they are planning one or two games initially. Maybe in cities like Miami first.

I feel it could be RM and Barca playing teams like Levante. Bernabeu or Camp Nou doesn't fill out such games. So they might agree to move a home game like that. Small teams might agree if they get 1 M from profit share as opposed to an away game where they get nothing.

17. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I wouldn't risk the players in an indoor stadium. The pitch would be ungodly awful. If they do come, it'll probably be down south in the US in Florida or LA or Texas.

libertao and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  18. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Thought the same lol. Not good. But going to L.A in january is ok.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Toronto for my female friend who stays there. Frigid wind and cold.

Toronto was an escape from Buffalo though. So many pretty woman. Damn I hated Buffalo

Shay Z, natenate101 and Zidane05 repped this.
  20. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It's no colder than NY or Boston, but we get a bad rep. Oh well, it is what it is. But yes, everyone hates Buffalo, even people that live in Buffalo.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  21. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You think Toronto is bad? Come further west away from the lake, freezing as f*ck till May.

Tickets for those games will probably be maaaaad expensive. The friendlies tickets were already expensive, you will probably need to take out a mortgage to watch La Liga games.

22. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Awesome decision. This can only help grow La Liga outside of Europe which they need. Innovative and forward thinking steps like these are necessary to be competitive with EPL which is miles ahead of the rest. Great decision and for once La Liga is leading the way in something rather than being 5 yrs behind. Even if teams have to travel from Madrid so what? Travel is part of football. If its on the east coast its no different than traveling to the Ukraine for a CL game so I don't understand the moaning. When the NFL started the London games people made all sorts of negative comments and trust me travel is much more detrimental to NFL team's performance than its is for a football team which is more used to travel and play more games. The teams which play in London have their schedule adjusted in a way that they sometimes get a bye week right after or before. So things can always be done to make the impact almost minimal.

Last season my Rams played in London and were the most travelled team in the whole league. The way the league scheduled the London game was that they had us play an East Coast team (I think it was the Giants) before the London game which made the LA based team acclimatize to the different time zone for a solid 10 days and then travel to London. So air time was reduced and body clock adjustment was also managed smartly. This season my Rams are playing in Mexico City. We lose a "home" game due to it but the buzz for that game since it was announced months ago has been amazing. People have already made plans to have a whole weekend in Mexico City around the game. Same will happen when Madrid play in NY or Toronto which is a lovely city and one of the best in the world. My point is that things can be done to minimize the impact of travel even if its from Madrid to LA and back.

I am sure cities like LA and Miami are at the front of the queue to get these matches and I can't be more thrilled. Watching Madrid in a pre-season friendly is a treat I look forward to every summer, imagine watching a competitive game. The tix were not cheap the last time Madrid played here in LA but even with a EPL opponent with a very small fanbase (Man City) we had 104,000 show up for the game at the coliseum. Just imagine the numbers and the hysteria for a Clasico. I can only speak for LA but this city would go mad for a week if a Clasico was coming. We have the brand new 4 Billion dollar Rams stadium being constructed by Stan Kroenke right now in Ingelwood which will be open in 2 years. They already have commitments to have the Olympics, Super Bowl, Final Four, Combine etc etc...… imagine Real Madrid or Barcelona playing in that facility with the adjoining entertainment district. I am no economics expert but there is tons of money to be made which can only help the game back in spain via revenue sharing etc.

Great move.

libertao repped this.
  23. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Further west like... Vancouver? Deal!

I loved Vancouver. Had me a bad Ecuadorian Canadian female friend in Vancouver.

Vancouver has some women man. Wooo

24. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I’m glad La Liga are actually making these moves first, and not following the pack ten years behind.

25. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos