The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

1. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Guti sticks around

RMSocrates, Eddie, Bear Crotch and 7 others repped this.
  2. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    He should become Castilla's coach. He deserves this. Solari doesn't show improvement.

MiamiNative0722 and Digital repped this.
  3. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #1603 Shay Z, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Perfect.

I understand that a junior team's coach isn't solely evaluated on results but have you guys seen a longer leash for any RM coach than we have seen for Solari? I am amazed he still has Castilla. It's not like he's produced some amazing talents, if anything he's wrecked players like Sergio Diaz.

4. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm happy Guti is staying. Hope he gets promoted to Castilla asap.

Ahmadi8, MiamiNative0722 and Digital repped this.
  5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The basketball team just won the title. :)

RMSocrates, PigBenis, CR7PT and 4 others repped this.
  6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Fun game. Doncic made a 1 handed 3 pointer during clutch time.

RMSocrates, natenate101, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  7. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dončič.. this kid is just wow. Gone to NBA.. at the AGE OF 19, won every trophy in Europe.

8. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Luka is gonna make some lucky team fanbase very happy. Hope it isn't Sacramento Queens. That one legged 3 pointer. Lmao. Easy.

His floor is best European player ever. Amazing.

Zidane05 and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Think he will be better than Dirk? That'd be amazing.

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dirk barely had a foot in Europe, a lot like Antentokoumpo (who is also absolutely amazing). It's different for them because they were developed in the US as barebones talents.

11. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I truly believe so. Dirk is a good player but he has longevity to thank of climbing the record books. Other than that is he really that good?

The game today is super suited to the way Doncic plays. He will have RoY locked since he's been playing with men for years. These college kids have no chance. Ayton...……. his red flags have red flags.

I see draft experts trying to find holes in Luka's game and all they could come up with is...…….. his shot comes and goes. Oh like every other player. Lol.

I just hope he doesn't land in a bad place like Sacto. Although that makes his chances of bolting after his rookie contract higher so maybe I should wish for Sacto. Lol. Situation can make or break a young player. Tatum wouldn't have shone half as much if he was with Sacto. And I hope one day he can find his way to my Lakers.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dirk was a tall guy who could shoot well when he arrived in the NBA. Nowadays it's demanded of tall guys to be at least competent in shooting the ball.

13. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    But the point Luka won it all in Europe, and goingt to NBA. Dirk never really played real here normal way.

14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Dirk was never good at defense as well. But he became very complete as a scorer. Doncic has way better court vision already. If Doncic reaches MVP level, that'd be great. Especially since he doesn't have great athleticism similar to Dirk, Bird, Nash etc. Giannis is an amazing athlete and really good at everything except shooting.

15. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    The Freak is a dominant player. That's the best word to describe him. Dominant. Luka will never be dominant like that but he will end up being the better player. Obviously too early to tell but this kid is special.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  17. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Lol, I heard the Kings were passing on him for Marvin Bagley and that Doncic could fall to 5th. Watch all of them who pass on this kid regret midway through the season...

18. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Many teams were talking big and bad but most are folding quickly and admitting this kid is special.

I dont even think Atlanta let's him drop.

19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Yeah they'll ruin him.

RaMaaa and Shay Z repped this.
  20. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That was actually the latest report I saw before going to sleep, but man, I don't want Atlanta to pick him up. I wanted a place where he could make an immediate impact like Tatum and Donovan did... We'll see.

21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Real Madrid have appointed Dave Hopkinson as their new head of business operations.

The 47-year-old is set to leave his chief commercial officer role at Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (MLSE), owners of the National Hockey League’s Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association’s Toronto Raptors and Major League Soccer’s Toronto FC amongst other sports properties, within the next month.

Last year, Hopkinson helped negotiate a watershed $800-million deal between MLSE and Scotiabank that will see the Air Canada Centre renamed Scotiabank Arena on July 1. He also helped secure a $5-million deal with Sun Life Financial to put the insurance company’s logo on the Raptors’ jerseys.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/movers-and-shakers/real-madrid-appoint-dave-hopkinson-mlse-toronto

https://www.tsn.ca/mlse-s-top-dealmaker-hopkinson-leaving-for-real-madrid-1.1109704

https://www.palco23.com/clubes/el-m...aptors-de-la-nba-para-el-area-de-negocio.html

Anon. and S1na repped this.
  22. Murghee

Murghee Member

Aug 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Apologies if this message is in the wrong thread or has been asked before.

Does anyone in the UK know how we will watch la liga now that sky dont have the rights?

Only reason i have sky is for la liga snd formula 1

Cheers

23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Murghee repped this.
  24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007

Pre-Season Schedule 2018

17th July - Players report for training camp. (minus some WC players)

27th July - Fly to Mexico

28th July - Puebla FC vs Real Madrid (Puebla, Mexico) Friendly

1st August - Real Madrid v Manchester United (Miami) International Champions Cup

5th August - Real Madrid v Juventus (Washington DC/Maryland) International Champions Cup

8th August - Real Madrid v Roma (Met-Life New Jersey) International Champions Cup

15th August - Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid (Estonia) European Supercopa

18th - 19th August - La Liga Kickoff

Doni, natenate101, S1na and 1 other person repped this.
  25. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This Supercup means a lot more than the previous ones. Big big game to start the season.