The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    My problem with that staff was not the initial injury as much as it was the reoccurring and relapsing ones.

Injuries happen.

Whay shouldn't happen is the high percentage of relapses we witnessed.

Deep Pal repped this.
  2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Zidane05 repped this.
  3. Marksman

Marksman Member

Dec 21, 2006
    Since this is a discussion thread I will put this here and not in a match thread since it concerns the whole season and not just a single match.

We are in a huge slump, we all see it but we are also pointing in different directions in search of solutions. People suggesting poor performances from wingback, striker positions etc... but I would argue our worst and most damaging weakness in this team this season is "vertical penetration" or the severe lack of it.

I could be pointing out how Marcelo is a shit defender and most of our conceded goals are coming from the left side either by direct crossing or by Ramos having to cover a vacant LB position thus leaving space in the middle of the defense. But this things are well known and our defensive struggles are well establised and documented on this forum. Those haven't improved altho I would argue that defensive center back pairings are looking a bit better that last year.

Even tho we are droping points like candy I struggle to blame our defensive players for those points.

We simply don't create enough chances...

Last season the final 25% or even the last 1/3 of the season was us beating opponents from wide areas with crosses both high and low. We were like an oiled machine and we have been rewarded for it.

But we lost the ability to play with verticality in the opposition box, or to put it the other way, we are to quick to satisfy with a horizonal pass on either wing and looking for an easy transition to the final 1/3 of the pitch.

It is not that I blame Isco or Asensio for not providing that verticality because they are, in our current tactical approach, given the freedom to roam the whole width of the pitch.

Therein lies the problem.

The roaming tactic of our "AM" player has proved successful last season, but has also made our team one dimensional in a long term and in order for us to get back that verticality we need to limit the width of that position. That will make us a more vertical threat and in that we will also open up the wings more because we will force their defenders into congesting the middle.

I mean we still can provide a vertical pass from a counter, but in a sustained build up we are to quick to settle for a horizonal pass to the wings.

And if we don't address that problem till the turn of the year I give us no chances for titles because by spring we need to have this problem not only fixed, but also well oiled up, like we have our plays from wide areas.

[​IMG]

ehizzy3 repped this.
  4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Kovacic and Keylor in the squad list for Malaga, Bale isn't. Probably smart to be conservative on Bale given today was his first day back in training.

6. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  7. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Surprise surprise Carvajal suspended for the first leg. Who would've thought eh :rolleyes:

8. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Fcuk UEFA.

I wouldn't be pissed if the rules were applied to everyone. :mad:

RMSocrates and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

PigBenis, Anon., Shay Z and 3 others repped this.
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  11. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
  12. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Just suspend them for the CWC next year ;)

PigBenis, yoanaidarov and Zidane05 repped this.
  13. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Barcelona requested for it

14. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    should just play the reserves if these are gonna be the rules

maybe they'll wise up when all the stars are on the bench

15. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
  16. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just saw on twitter that CWC has €22m prize money. Oooooookay.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Guess it's combined prize money. Read on AS that each winner has specific prize money and no additional price for wins like in CL. That's why they play 3rd place, 5th place playoffs etc. Winner will get 4.5 ME and 3.6 ME for runners up.

18. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good money to use for Bale's medical bills

MaxY repped this.
  19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Akramzizou, sneakking and Zidane05 repped this.
  20. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid

21. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid

22. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kroos, Isco, and Modric all must be nervous knowing one of them is about to lose their place to someone who hadn't been a factor in almost two years.

23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Interesting fact that Al Jazira is owned by Man City owner. They also took over IPIC few years ago and are looking to get out of Bernabeu naming rights deal citing a loophole in the original contract that they won't have to honour the agreement if there are any changes in the renovation plan. Basically doesn't wanna help a European rival. RM's stance is that they will have to be compensated if contract is not honoured.

24. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Whilst they're debating on who's losing his place, Bale gets injured.