The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

1. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    The Bernabeu did not go headhunting for Florentino during the end of his first stint when we went without trophies for a few seasons so they sure as hell won't do it now.

2. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    70 million Euro per year until 2022. Manchester United earn 62 million and Barcelona earn 55 million. I hope we negotiate a deal with Adidas soon. Barcelona are getting 105 million Euro per year from Nike.

Saeta Rubia and Deep Pal repped this.
  3. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Well at least money keeps pilling in. :D

4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Original article says we are also negotiating with Adidas with the aim to overtake Barca. Seems like the site focuses on finance so probably more reliable than usual sports dailies.

5. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it seems like the PL is set for another huge infusion of cash. Looks like Amazon and Facebook will get in on the new TV rights deal to be negotiated next year.

We will get our new shirt sponsors and kits then immediately fall behind again in revenues.

6. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wow.. It's just a matter of time before the Premier League takes over. Soon they'll have the money of PSG while actually having history. Fcking sad that those shitty clubs could dominate football in like 2021/22.

Ronaldo and Messi leaving the La Liga(retiring etc) and Neymar already left.

7. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know what Isco conspiracy was theorized on here but I can assure you I was not part of it. I also didn't say the Bernabeu was ready to turn on Flo/Zidane, that would be ridiculous. I merely said that this news was leaked at a very convenient time to DISTRACT, which wouldn't be a bad idea. Anyone on this forum knows Flo well enough to know he likes to use certain media outlets as mouthpieces. It's not that far fetched an idea, but we can agree to disagree.

8. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    We'll never be on the level of the Premier League, ad the gap will only widen as La Liga fails to get its act together.

Whilst watching the Real Betis match, some random graphic appeared in the middle of the game with a circle tracking two players and a line connecting the two, basically showing the distance and and angle they were apart.

Such an pathetic and sad attempt to mimic the presentation and technology of the Premier League broadcast. Everything about the presentation is extremely dull. It wasn't too long ago where it looked like the game was being filmed on some first gen camera phone.

La Liga needs some massive changes. From the way they present the damn game, distribute money and the time they play their matches. It's like the thing is being ran the most untalented people I'm the business.

9. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't disagree with anything you're saying but it's an economic issue. The UK has a strong, advanced services based economy. Spain's economy is in tatters and unemployment is high. Advertisers are going to flock to the country in good shape, as the consumers are financially healthy & have more buying power.

Not to mention the fact that english is spoken throughout Europe, North America (2/3 at least) and some of Asia. Spanish is really just extended to South America. And again comes the problem of buying power in the countries with interest in the two leagues. Europe/NA/Asia > South America.

With not enough money coming in, there isn't as much to invest in production as in the Premier League. It's a vicious cycle and will help the PL stay ahead of La Liga for the foreseeable future.

10. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    The premier league is marketing hype, the actual football is poor compared to La Liga matches and I'm not limiting it to the top 3 Spanish sides either. I can tune in and watch Levante or Eibar and watch a very good quality of football where the tactics and technique are present. EPL has improved from the run and gun of a few years ago but frankly it doesn't hold my interest as I don't care what coach A said to coach b or any other WWE gimmick is on display to get me to tune in.

Doni, Digital, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The Premier League has been having the better financial conditions for players for about 10 years now. The League is the richest it's ever been and what happened was Lukaku for 100 mil. Morata for 80 mil. and Kyle Walker for 50 mil.

The Premier League hasn't lured a real football star for ages now, despite being hopelessly in the financial advantage.

Amazon is already in the Bundeliga deal with the Eurosport player. The deal hurt Sky more than it helped Amazon, since the Sky package costs the same but offers less matches. amazon's pay per view model pretty much sucks.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #1112 Saeta Rubia, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    PL money is largely based on expensive subscriptions. Being available on FB etc won't help Sky/BT and foreign channels that pay a premium to broadcast PL. Sky/BT even invest profits from other sports to bid for PL deal as they fight for subscriptions as well and broadband customers. When BT brought CL rights, they made it exclusive and took away games from ITV. Same thing has happened in Spain. CL money has doubled but they took away free to air games. So it's about expensive subscribers rather than number of viewers these days.

As for RM, we seem to be in better financial condition than ever. Barca are projected to have 1 billion revenue by 2020/21 and with the way our contract negotiations are going and guaranteed CL football, it looks very plausible for us as well after Bernabeu renovation. We weren't even the richest club in 80s or 90s. Milan were in 80s and then Juve and Utd. Yet we continued to win titles. I don't see anyone apart from Utd having close to 1 Billion revenue from PL in next 5 years. As long as you spend smartly with that sort of revenue, you can always compete at the top level. PL clubs continuing to spend 50 ME on squad players like Ox will also help. Overpaying for mediocre English players is not something that will change.

There should be 40-50 ME additional revenue from CL from 2017-18 looking at new TV contracts. Changes in distribution will help us massively as well. Market sharing was cut by half and it will be based on UEFA coefficients. A combination of results in past 5 seasons and the entire history in the competition. We're top in both categories. Fly deal going up from 25 ME + 5 variables to 70 ME. There's RM theme park project in China where we give licensing and get profit share in return. Adidas deal will be much improved even by conservative estimate. We roughly get 10% from La Liga deal. More money from Bernabeu, new paths for revenue like 10 year 500 ME deal for RM website rights which El Confidencial reported.

S1na repped this.
  13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Real Madrid's presence will be felt at China's largest theme park

It is to be opened in 2021

On Monday at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, Real Madrid presented an agreement with the Lai Sun Group which will allow them to play a part in one of China's most important theme parks.

In attendance at the event were the club's director of institutional relations Emilio Butragueno, general director Jose Angel Sanchez, ex-players Raul and Roberto Carlos and Lai Sun Group president Peter Lam along with Novotown Project director John Tse and other businessmen.

"We always want to share the feeling of belonging to this club. We're happy because this agreement will bring us closer to a great country like China, where we have had a big emotional bond for some time," said Butragueno.

"We are grateful to the Lai Sun Group because this agreement makes it possible for Real Madrid to be even closer to our fans in China, a country that we all have in our hearts."

Among the things planned for Novotown as part of an interactive fan experience are a Real Madrid museum, an official club shop and a restaurant area which will cover 12,000 square metres.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2017/09/11/59b696ede2704e870a8b461e.html

Deep Pal and Zidane05 repped this.
  14. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Official Announcement: Marcos Llorente's contract extension

Real Madrid C. F. and Marcos Llorente have agreed to extend the player's contract, which will see him remain at the club until the 30th June 2021.

Tomorrow, Sunday, at 2pm, Marcos Llorente will appear before the media in the press room of the Santiago Bernabéu stadium.

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2...itter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organico

Deep Pal, Doni, S1na and 4 others repped this.
  15. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    That's only three years...

16. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Seems like both the club & player are hedging here. Llorente doesn't want to get tied to the club for too long if he's the permanent Casemiro deputy. The club doesn't want to give the kid 6 years of pay that will make him untransferable if he regresses sitting on the bench. If things work out for both parties, no doubt he'll sign another renewal next summer, given Flo's recent contract policy.

S1na repped this.
  17. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1118 4x4s, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    I don't know about all that drama, but the Manu elbow knock in Lucas' face was a shocker. Absolute red card and the official rules it an accident.

Deep Pal, Doni, S1na and 4 others repped this.
  19. jgun07

jgun07 Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Illadelph
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed.. Dude even sneaks a glance over his shoulder to measure him up, then plants his elbow directly on his cheekbone.

Deep Pal and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Then he tries to talk to Lucas like "dude, it was an accident", yeah sure, great job with that. The League has been absolutely terrible in terms of officiating this season, not just for us, just so many bad decisions it's pure comedy again.

Deep Pal, raven3k, PigBenis and 2 others repped this.
  21. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  22. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    S1na repped this.
  23. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Doni, S1na and natenate101 repped this.
  24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Asensio is re-signed to 2023, now official.

Ahmadi8, Eddie, Digital and 1 other person repped this.
  25. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Florentino redistributing that wealth. Is that 7 renewals in the last few weeks? Asensio Varane Isco Carvajal Llorente Marcelo Benzema