The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

1. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    Dr. Niko Mihic takes over Real Madrid medical team.

Any info on this guy? Is he any good?

He is Croatian and he was already talked about in the media over here few years ago. I think he is the private doctor to Florentino, but that doesn't say anything.

2. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007

Amazing to hear legendary players talk of the Phenomenon and Zizou and even Ronaldinho.

temesgen, Deep Pal, robnycus and 4 others repped this.
  3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Read he's close to Flo, Modric and Kova. Apparently a professor as well.

4. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Özil really made the best comment. If I understood it he was asked who was the best Messi or Ronaldo and he answered Zidane. Got to love a man with taste.

Deep Pal and Shay Z repped this.
  5. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    SO when our guys will be back on training ground? i guess key players will join later this month, but rest of them should be back already or couple days later? cause first friendly couple weeks away.

6. Phenom9

Phenom9 Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pre-season start today or tomorrow i think..

7. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just stopping by to say how much I love this club & how great our squad is looking!!! Players are reporting back the season is already around the corner!!

HALA MADRID!!!

[​IMG]

8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  9. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid

can you imagine a midfeild of these 2 in a few years? theres a lot of dribbling and passing between the two of them

10. Airjao

Airjao Member

Real Madrid
    Mar 23, 2014
    Looking at how stacked our midfield is currently makes you realize how far we've come from the days when we used to field a starting midfield of Emerson and Momo Diarra.

11. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Jose Maria!!!!! One of my all time favorites.

Don't wanna sound like an old man coz i'm not, yet, but you don't see players like that anymore. Football is more homogenized now. You don't have many outliers. Not many people with "magic" in their foot anymore. Guti was special. Special talent. Like they say..... you can't teach that.

Thanks for posting this SR. I relived a lotta good memories watching it.

Deep Pal, AriGold, Doni and 5 others repped this.
  12. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    So the team is having pre-season in California again this year. Apparently Pintus has planned two a days everyday from start to finish. We're working out at UCLA where Jose and his Manchester United side are also training at the moment. We'll be playing 3 games in the international champions cup and one more in the US against the MLS All Stars before heading back to Madrid and to play the Supercopa de Europa against Manchester.

Our pre season schedule in full.

July 23rd Real Madrid v Manchester United, Levi Stadium - Santa Clara 14.00PT 23.00 CET

July 26th Real Madrid v Manchester City, LA Coliseum - Los Angeles 20.00 PT 05.00 CET

We will be moving to the east coast after this game.

July 29th Real Madrid v Barcelona, Hard Rock stadium - Miami 19.30 PT 1.30 CET

Aug 2nd Real Madrid v MLS All Stars, Soldier field - Chicago 21.00 CT 03.00 CET

Fly back to Madrid.

Aug 8th Real Madrid v Manchester United Supercopa de Europa, Macedonia 20.45 CET

We will have 3 El Clasico this summer. As usual the dates for the Supercopa de Espana are yet to be confirmed. There is rumor that La Liga season might start a week early this time because of the world cup next summer but if that happens the dates will clash with the Supercopa dates so all this has yet to be finalized. We might have midweek Supercopa games in between Liga games which will not be ideal at all. What we do know is that the first leg is away in that communal catalan Port A Poty they call a stadium in Barcelona and the second leg will be at home in our white palace.

13. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Can't believe I haven't noticed it before but Kovacic reminds me of Guti.

14. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    wutlol, dont really see it.

Looks or playing style?

15. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who else is going to that game? Anyone interested in a big soccer meetup before the game or the day before?

Deep Pal repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Looks? How dare you!

Playing style, is what U was referring too. The both go on forward aggressive runs, both have this unique ability to get our if tight spaces with an awkward style. While Guti is born with the through ball ability, Kovacic tries this side of the game much more than the regular midfielder ala Guti.

Watch their highlights in this page back to back and you will start seeing it.

I'm a Guti connoisseur. I'm telling you if you look closely something is there

Deep Pal, Anon., Digital and 1 other person repped this.
  17. RoadMan

RoadMan Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Deep Pal, yoanaidarov and S1na repped this.
  18. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That back heel at the Riazor :inlove::inlove::inlove:

So good it lifted a 19 year curse and we've won every game there ever since.

@YOUNGSTARS87 I know what you mean about that off balance dribbled out of tight spots. Wish Mateo's passing was anywhere close though, he'd be a monster.

19. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well Guti was very good to watch when on form, loved to watch this player, the kind of player I like a lot, but he was very very far from consistent, which was also infuriating at times, sometimes you knew he could be so much better but he just strolled around doing nothing in some games, Mateo needs more game time, I think he has everything to become a complete midfielder, he just needs to get his brain in gear more , it's the mental side of his game that is lacking, sometimes even his team mates have no idea what he is going to do next, you can see it.

Deep Pal and Zidane05 repped this.
  20. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Was just watching the teams training... and once the video loaded, Marcelo was having an argument with Morata.
    I guess he was blaming him for not signing Mbappe.

Mimadridsta, Anon., 4x4s and 2 others repped this.
  21. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Villar arrested on corruption charges! :eek:

22. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  23. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    With the pre season games starting soon i tried starting a new thread but i keep getting an Server Error, someone else try to start it so we can discuss it there.

24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    888354926128189441 is not a valid tweet id

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Most of the tough away games in the 2nd half of the season. Sevilla, Barca and Villarreal are our last three away games.

Deep Pal repped this.