The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Personally I wouldn't be rating Varane's abilities as a defender on a whole off that one video

2. Stiliyan

Stiliyan Member+

Feb 11, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Neither would I.

Digital repped this.
  3. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    Wow, this is great stuff. Useful for training purposes too - will show to my son!

Deep Pal, Doni and Shay Z repped this.
  4. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Exactly. Firstly it just 2 games. Anyone can have 2 not so amazing games.

Secondly, even as the video shows him being not very aggressive in defense, how's that a bad thing? Defenders have different styles and every kid who has played CB knows that one of the two is always more aggressive and the other one stays back to protect his blind side etc.

Nesta and Cannavaro are both legends but they had such different styles. Cannavaro was the aggressive one. Nesta used anticipation, guile and positioning. Just because you aren't flying into tackles or outmuscling forwards doesn't mean you're not a good defender.

S1na, temesgen, Deep Pal and 6 others repped this.
  5. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like they were being a little overcritical of Varane in a few of those clips. When Gameiro had the ball at the top of the box, it was 2 vs. 3 in our favor. Atleti's runner streaking in was also clearly covered. In that spot, there's nothing wrong with staying on your feet and containing your man. Sure, maybe Ramos would have been slightly more aggressive, but it's not like Raphael out of position or anything.

Digital, Zidane05 and Shay Z repped this.
  6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    S1na, -Fifth CharM-, RMSocrates and 5 others repped this.
  7. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    rhexis07, S1na, Tobias19 and 1 other person repped this.
  8. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Cule tears. Cuz they still salty about him leaving. Alongside Raul, Figo is the original troll to Farca.

rhexis07, S1na, Deep Pal and 3 others repped this.
  9. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2017/05/31/592ee47ee5fdea18068b45e3.html

As a man, I should never confess to tearing up, but this just gave me the feels. The team brings us fans so much joy. We share in their experiences and root for them because they are an outlet from our day to day lives. It's always nice to see the players care about their fans too. Although the entire thing was a bit tacky from the player's side, but there were some genuine human moments there. Marcelo especially.

I can't wait for these guys to bring DuoDecima. ¡A POR LA DUODÉCIMA!

¡Hala Madrid!

10. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sorry Buffon, If you wanted your trophy you should've won it over Barcelona. Not over our team!

rhexis07, raven3k, Shay Z and 1 other person repped this.
  11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Work begins at the Bernabeu to relocate most vocal supporters' group

Real Madrid will have a singing section right behind the goal of their South Stand from the 2017/18 season and work has begun at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu to prepare for the change.

The supporters' group RMCF Fans, the most lively and vocal section of the home support, have until now been located in the third and fourth tiers behind the goal, but a request was made to the club to move downstairs and to the area directly behind the goal.

First, Real Madrid asked the permission of the season ticket holders who would have to relocate away from the goal and then they gave the green light for the project, while the players are on board too, as this should improve the overall atmosphere.

Now the club has commenced work to dig into the ground and to lower the stand, so that the group's flags and banners will not block the view of those seated above them.

The overall good behaviour of this group of fans and the fact that they haven't been involved in any violent episodes means that those in the club hierarchy were happy to sign off on this measure.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2017/06/08/59394141468aeb6e498b4671.html

rhexis07, Digital, S1na and 12 others repped this.
  12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Nice, can't wait to see it.

13. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What a step up from the Ultra group these guys have been to the Bernabeu. Awesome that we've been able to bring them closer to the goal too.

Shay Z and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  14. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    This is a good idea. Nice to see the club making the effort, financial and otherwise, to enhance the atmosphere and at the same time listening to fans. Just goes to show that our current management is working well.

Y Nada Mas and temesgen repped this.
  15. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    pretty awesome of the season ticket holders to not mind moving for the benefit of everyone

RMSocrates, Digital, Shay Z and 2 others repped this.
  16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ronaldo Nazario to play for Real Madrid Legends team

A charity exhibition match at Estadio Santiago Bernabeu on June 11 will feature Ronaldo Nazario after the ex-forward revealed that he's due to pull on the Blancos jersey one more time.

Working at Los Merengues as a club ambassador, the Brazilian is to appear for a Real Legends side against Roma Legends on Sunday at 19:00 CET in a game for the Real Madrid Foundation in Africa.

"There's going to be a few big stars like Raul, Butragueno and me too," Ronaldo told El Hormiguero. "Only for a few minutes, because everything will hurt... except my knees."

Also on the list are Roberto Carlos and Christian Karembeu with tickets costing 5 euros.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2017/06/08/59399b23468aeb66648b45be.html

Digital, Zidane05, S1na and 1 other person repped this.
  17. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    These guys are responsible for much of the atmosphere in the stadium (though there are some of their counterparts in the north stand as well I think) and have even introduced some new chants and songs into the fray. Floro's decision to boot out the Ultras has been vindicated over the past few years I think.

Zidane05, Shay Z and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  18. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Absolutely. I know some disagreed at the time and called it over reach but I was over the moon to see those scum out of our house.

19. dolohovs

dolohovs Member

May 16, 2016
    Good job. I was wondering when they were going to move down.

People actually disagreed? I don't about you lot but I'd rather have no atmosphere than have a bunch of violent Nazis at the stadium embarrassing and tarnishing our club. Good on Perez getting rid of them - I bet they're seething hearing about this.

Y Nada Mas repped this.
  20. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Top of the list of the good things he's done. The club shouldn't be associated with those thugs.

RMSocrates and Shay Z repped this.
  21. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Flo needs to do something about our Adidas deal. We are falling behind United/Barcelona in terms of revenue, but only due to their €100M+ kit deals. The issue is Adidas has us on €32M a year until 2020. If there's no opt-out clause, it's great business for Adidas and they have no reason to discuss upgraded terms until 2020.

This past deal was 8 years IIRC and 2 years after it was signed, Adidas gave united 2.5x our yearly amount. We need to be smarter this time around and not get locked into anything this crappy for this long. If the football economy is growing 20% year-over-year, we need to negotiate a deal that recognizes that reality. We should have done so in 2012, because now we're settling for €70M less annually than United.

saadomar, RMSocrates, S1na and 2 others repped this.
  22. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I did read somewhere Floren will attempt to negotiate that this summer. It shouldn’t even be close we should be well above the rest.

23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't think Adidas are trying to run out the contract. Negotiations had started but their CEO changed in between and Flo will be looking for a great deal after back to back CL wins. Barca agreed new deal with Nike in 2016 worth 105 ME + 50 variables though they had a contract until 2018 so hopefully we can sign new deal next season for 120 ME+.

24. dolohovs

dolohovs Member

May 16, 2016
    Raul is rumoured to be our new director of the academy.

raven3k, Zidane05 and Y Nada Mas repped this.
  25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Well the existing one was just let go, so that lends credibility to this rumor.

raven3k and Y Nada Mas repped this.