The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Whilst that's all fair and well from a bureaucratic perspective, it's plain wrong from a ethical perspective and doesn't say much about taking care of your "brothers" or anyone else for that matter of fact. If they don't want to be part of the international refugee agreements then they need to called out and strongly questioned about it as they have been part of the UN since the 1940's.

Phoenix Rising and robnycus repped this.
  2. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    True, lots of pressure on them now like I said on my post.

Phoenix Rising and Anon. repped this.
  3. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ...let's hope that pressure leads to something tangible. Recent history tells us that countries and their leaders (particularly if ruled by monarchies) tend not to see much sense even under international scrutiny.

Phoenix Rising repped this.
  4. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    48 games total, and considering the average capacity for each stadium that would be a pretty good sum. The idea is indeed brilliant, I don't know however if UEFA replied.

Dhajj repped this.
  5. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    Last season 1,162,841 million tickets were sold during the first two match days. So that would be €1,162,841. It's not all that much.

CR7PT repped this.
  6. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Exactly.... That's not a lot to ask from UEFA.

I think there's always more teams can do.

7. Style

Style Member+

May 8, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #32 Style, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    The Syrian crisis extends beyond the refugee problem. What happened in Syria is a conflict of interests, you got the Syrian government backed by Iran, Russia and China - then you got the Islamic movements backed by Jordan, Israel, USA, Saudi Arabia, & Europe fighting for power. It was best for all sides not to interfere in the Syrian Spring of 2011, as this political issue turned to have negative humanitarian implications. Prior to 2011, this Syria was a safe haven - in fact it was doing much better than my country [Jordan] - however because the Syrian regime did not fully subdue to certain agendas, it was conspired against. Anyway, lets hope that both parties find a solution so that the suffering of the masses ends.

On the refugee issue, the reaction of the Arab governments has been appalling. Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, and Oman should have helped these refugee. Instead they spend billions of dollars arming the Syrian rebels for this crisis to continue. These governments have become masters of seditions, fuelling sectarian violence for decades in the Middle East. The Syrian regime previously managed to find compromise between the Muslims (Sunni/Shia), Druze, Christians, and Kurds in the past - this will no longer be viable once the Saudi Arabian Wahabism comes to control the Middle East. Hence it is safe to say that the Middle East will be the worlds shithole for years to come, and until then Europe will have to deal with more and more refugees.

Both ways, its not the responsibility of the European Union to provide for the welfare of these refugees when the Middle Eastern governments who caused the problem to start off with, failed to open their doors for them.

8. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As someone who has been in a similar situation 15 years ago, i can't express how much i appreciate what the football clubs (and many EU countries) are doing, very good job. As for the arab countries, they can go suck each others oily assholes.

9. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    RMSocrates and Hsain85 repped this.
  10. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Very interesting and insightful to read the perspective of someone from the region, thanks.

RMSocrates repped this.
  11. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lot of good insight here, but I have to say to keep it football related from here on out. Thanks.

Digital and Eddie repped this.
  12. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    #37 Phoenix Rising, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    Since this has become a general news thread instead of a finances thread, can the title be changed to show that?

---
    FIFA 16 features 5 Real Madrid players among the top 20.

Cristiano Ronaldo, James Rodríguez,Toni Kroos, Sergio Ramos and Luka Modric all feature among FIFA 16's Top 20 players. EA Sports are releasing some of their ratings, and here's the list of their top 20 players.

1 - Lionel Messi - 94
    2 - Cristiano Ronaldo - 93
    3 - Luis Suárez - 90
    4 - Manuel Neuer - 90
    5 - Arjen Robben - 90
    6 - Eden Hazard - 89
    7 - Zlatan Ibrahimovic - 89
    8 - Neymar - 88
    9 - Thiago Silva - 88
    10 - David Silva - 88
    11 - Andrés Iniesta - 88
    12 - Sergio Agüero - 87
    13 - James Rodríguez - 87
    14 - Toni Kroos - 87

15 - Jerome Boateng - 87
    16 - Cesc Fàbregas - 87
    17 - Sergio Ramos - 87
    18 - Mesut Özil - 87
    19 - Luka Modric - 87
    20 - Philipp Lahm - 87

Benzema and Bale should have been part of the 20, IMO. Also, I'm not sure how Thiago Silva, Boateng or Fabregas made it into the top 20. Probably to have more representation from the teams/leagues they play in and from players who play other positions. I'm also not sure how/why Thiago Silva and Boateng are listed above Ramos.

Álvaro Morata repped this.
  13. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    LOL Arjen Robben is 90 and Ibra is 89. Is this FIFA 11 ? :D. Phillip Lahm is also past his peak, Ozil is overrated. Thiago Silva and Boateng above Ramos is ridiculous. Messi is still rated above Ronaldo despite Ronaldo winning two consecutive Ballon d'ors over Messi. EA are biased as ********, I stopped playing their shitty games years ago.

Bear Crotch, Anon., CR7PT and 1 other person repped this.
  14. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Victor Fernández will be the new head of development at Valdebebas. Excellent appointment imo, great guy, lots of experience, will add a lot to our coaching staff too.

Toro70, raven3k and 4x4s repped this.
  15. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is absolutely no reason that Ozil or Fabregas should be above Bale. None.

Eddie, YOUNGSTARS87 and yoanaidarov repped this.
  16. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's probably because they have him as a RM. If you move him to LM or CAM his rating would go up.

17. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I have never understood this infatuation with Bale playing on the left. Since when has he ever been his dominate self playing on the left?

- Tottenham played him in a free role. He basically stayed centrally or on the right (loved cutting in from the right to shoot)
    - Ancelotti played him on the right (flexibility of interchangeability)
    - Benitez plays him centrally (flexibility of interchangeability)

It's like some people don't have capacity to think past "right foot = right side player, left foot = left side, etc..."

Bear Crotch and Crimson repped this.
  18. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He was great with Spurs on the left before Boas played him centrally. He was exclusively a LM with Redknapp when they had the CL run and won PLOFIE player of the year award. Am not speculating here, he has been great at LM, and on FIFA his rating goes up when you move him there.

Anon. repped this.
  19. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    A bit late but a few days ago, the UEFA Coaches Forum took place.

Look who were having a chat.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I assume Mou took the pic?

21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I've seen a couple of years of the same event, and Mourinho wasn't there in either. Kind of odd. Or I guess not, really.

22. AllTimeLow

AllTimeLow Red Card

Sep 1, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Last time Mourinho went to one of these events was in his first season at Madrid.

23. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    The FIFA 16 Real Madrid ratings have been released:
    Keylor Navas - 79, Nacho - 75, Lucas Vazquez - 76, Casemiro - 77, Cheryshev - 78, Jese - 78, Kovacic - 78, Arbeloa - 80, Kiko Casilla - 81, Danilo - 81, Carvajal - 81, Varane - 82, Marcelo - 83, Pepe - 84, Isco - 84, Benz - 86, Ramos - 87, Bale - 87, Modric - 87, Kroos - 87, James - 87, Ronaldo - 93. Some of these are pretty laughable. Keylor only 79 ? Arbeloa is overrated at 80. I feel Casemiro, Kovacic and Jese deserve a little more as well. Carvajal should be more than 81, Varane should be more than 82. Marcelo and Isco should be about 85. Modric has 84 passing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. EA Sports are ridiculous.

temesgen and CR7PT repped this.
  24. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Im not a big fan of these video game ratings to judge players. Seems like a popularity contest.

temesgen and Hsain85 repped this.
  25. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    FYP

Aimar 21, RMSocrates, 4x4s and 5 others repped this.