The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

1. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I know what our reaction would be and it's would be appropriate. Teams should be paid for winning not showing up and going through the motions.

Prit Javier repped this.
  2. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    well said

3. Forcamadrid2

Forcamadrid2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 13, 2017
    Except MU is not. Also, I didnt say based on popularity only, actually more based on recent success.
    Teams get paid for income they bring. Tickets and TV rights are sold before match starts, and that income depends on teams popularity (which is linked with their success). In this supercopa case for example, if all 4 teams were Valencia level, there would not be 120 m to share around even.

4. Forcamadrid2

Forcamadrid2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 13, 2017
    To add to my above post, I am not saying this distribution is fair. Maybe the gap should be smaller, and there should be a more transparent system how it is done. But in the end, sharing the money based on who is each team participating instead of who wins it, is fair imo.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "except MU is not", that's not up to Madrid to define from that point though.

Valencia won the cup, what did we win last season to justify an appearance in any kind of supercup?

As long as Real Madrid and Barca share the majority of the cash and throw the breadcrumbs off the table to the others, there will never be anything but "Valencia level" in Spain outside of them two.

It's ridiculous to invite the cup winner and have them play for a lot less than a team that was terrible value for money on the pitch.

Imagine UEFA saying Tottenham would be a higher appearance bonus for making the CL than Valencia because people would rather watch Tottenham. Ridiculous argument. Might as well just throw the dice and hand Madrid or Barca the trophy because that's who most people would want to win anyway. Give the people what they want.

hala_madrid722 and temesgen repped this.
  6. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Real Madrid's goals should count for more also since we are the most succesful club in the tournament.

Real Madrid goals should be worth 3, Barca 2 and the other teams only get plain vanilla value of 1.

It only makes sense in the context of this discussion.

7. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    OMG spanish super cup in january in Saudi Arabia wtf is this........the new format is a disgrace

8. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    As reporting that Barca will have 29 hours advantage as they will play before the clasico on Saturday at 16:00 and real only at sunday at 21:00. This is not the first time that it’s happened. Also last year with solari it was the same in both of the clasicos. In Madrid are not surprise. But this is really bad and annoying

yoanaidarov repped this.
  9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Exactly.

They do this stuff all the time and people overlook it. Why is it we must play late Sunday??

If they feel it isn't an advantage, why is it they are never the ones with shortened rest days before their big matchups yet we're CONSISTENTLY getting them?

RMSocrates, Eddie and yoanaidarov repped this.
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Perez and Tebas doesn't get along on most issues. La Liga decides the timings so doubt it's random so often.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We beat Barcelona in the Euroleague, in the ugliest match in a while. Lots of petty fouls on both sides, technicals, no shaking hands after the match, no nothing. Happy we beat them, but it became very very ugly for a while.

RMSocrates, CivilProtection and RaMaaa repped this.
  12. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019

temesgen, Ahmadi8 and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Coming closer to a Football Euroleague Format. I dig it.

14. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I love it too. People are going pretty against this claiming that the format is unfair but if you look at the current UEFA club competition formats, they are already unfair.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #2990 4x4s, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    Plus they suck. Imagine your local team has the one chanc you want to play in the CL and you get to see Dortmund, inter, Napoli or something. In a leagu way format you'd be able to see all teams. Way better in my opinion.

I followed the basketball team for a week and it was awesome. Only thing better than euroleague is the one time I got to sit next to the bench at an exhibition game, got a snapshot of Rudy stretching like to me, and got on Rmtv for that. :D

Eddie repped this.
  16. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I mean, Italy gets 4 guaranteed UCL spots while there are other countries who have none. The EuroLeague wouldn't hurt anything, it would just provide us with endless super games.

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Imagine is a being able to schedule a Real Madrid match or multiple EVERY YEAR. It's become a requirement for me, the moment the tickets go up I spend about 1500 for tickets for the games close to me. It's the best.

Eddie repped this.
  18. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm all for euroleague

Though i enjoy the excitement of knockout stages

Plus we are better at cup style tournaments than league consistency

19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

20. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019

I never hear other presidents talk up their club like Flo does. Seriously, we are so lucky to have him.

hala_madrid722 repped this.
  21. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1196815919407943680 is not a valid tweet id

22. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Does Eder Militao play in defensive midfield too?

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No clue where he plays but Bernabeu Digital had a chart recently that no other new transfer has played less than him this season. Really strange one you'd think with our defensive problems earlier in the season we would have tried to incorporate him a bit more to try it out.

Prit Javier repped this.
  24. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    I think we can try to play in Def Mid if Casemiro was injured, or at least worth a try in one of the lesser games

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    December and January is packed with heat. Valencia, Barca, Sevilla, PSG, not much space to do any experiments I think.

Prit Javier repped this.