The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Should have dropped Lucas. He's not been playing anyways. Rather have Jovic if we need a goal as a sub.

3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Jovic is being rested. His butt is fatigued from sitting on the bench.

4. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not sure I understand why Jovic has been dropped.

5. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Oh my god guys you're so toxic and negative, I'm triggered. jk

Sucks to see Lucas in there and no Jovic. Happy for Brahim though.

MaxY repped this.
  6. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sorry no Jovic , not sold on Brahim, and Lucas well, the less said the better

7. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

We'll be playing Valencia in the Supercup semifinals. It has a new format this year and the games will be played in Saudi Arabia, in January.

Zidane05 repped this.
  8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I mean what could go wrong here?

S1na, yoanaidarov and Eddie repped this.
  9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I wonder how much money Rubiales is getting under the table? I mean, i am not against playing it there once, but they signed a deal for the next 3 years...

And Tebas was one of the biggest and loudest protesting against PSG and "oil money". I wonder how he feels about this.

S1na and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  10. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can anyone explain the new format? The Spanish supercup was usually the cdr winner vs the liga winner. What has changed?

11. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Send Castilla.

S1na repped this.
  12. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The SuperCup used to be: La Liga winner vs CDR Winner.

Now it's a new playoff format with these participats:
    - Top two teams of La Liga
    - Two teams that play in the final of the CDR

If the two teams that play in the final of the CDR are also the two top teams in La Liga, the next two teams in league standings take the two remaining spots.

Games will be played as a mini tournament which lasts 3-4 days. Semi-Finals are on January 9 and the Final is on January 12th.

Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Valencia disagree with Supercopa de Espana prize money and will request an arbitration

Valencia are the only club to complain about the financial rewards from the Supercopa de Espana.

The tournament, which will take place in Saudi Arabia in January, will see Los Che compete against Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid.

Valencia will request an arbitration so that they receive a fair amount of prize money.

They are due to receive less than three million euros for competing in the tournament, while Real Madrid and Barcelona will receive close to nine million euros.

As MARCA understand, the prize money is split into three parts; one for participating (less than one million euros), one for sporting rewards (winning the tournament, coming second...) and another that is based on the club's previous honours.

That third figure makes up the majority of the prize money, leaving Valencia with much less money than Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Even if Valencia win the tournament, they'll receive less than Real Madrid and Barcelona if they're both knocked out in the semi-finals.

"We're not in agreement with the prize money," Valencia president Anil Murthy said.

"We're four big clubs and we can't have different prize money.

"I've written a letter to [RFEF president Luis] Rubiales to accept our proposal of an arbitration.

"We're going to fight for our rights."

https://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2019/11/11/5dc9bea8e2704e0e0a8b4599.html

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Makes sense. While I like the club making money, how is it fair to split the money is this kind of ridiculous manner?

Deep Pal repped this.
  15. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    They have a very good point

16. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Will people pay to see Valencia play? You get what you are worth and Valencia is worth much less than the other 3 top teams.

Anon., Kroosinator and Zidane05 repped this.
  17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When the League treats the teams as something less, so will the business partners and fans. The most cash should go to the winner, this isn't boxing.

18. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When you are holding a "Rumble in the Desert" type of tournament in the middle of the regular season, it's the same as boxing.

Anon., MaxY and Zidane05 repped this.
  19. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    crazy format . This is all about money - 120M for 3 years - nothing else to see here. It sucks for Valencia.

20. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I thought it's 40M for 3 years in total?!?

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Then we shouldn't complain when we are treated lesser in a wider context when it comes to foreign competition. Can't demand foreign networks to splash on broadcast rights when you yourself as a rights holder shaft all teams other than Barca and Madrid.

temesgen repped this.
  22. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
  23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  24. Forcamadrid2

Forcamadrid2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 13, 2017
    Disagree.

A good analogy is in boxing e.g. the more famous and successful boxer will receive more money even he looses the fight.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Imagine a scenario where Real Madrid wins the CL against Manchester United (as an example) and UEFA pays 65/35 of the prize money to them because according to them Manchester United is more popular.

It's pretty damn ridiculous, but that goes hand in hand with thisncookie cutter "supercup" format.

Football is such a joke, every half baked idea is executed out of greed.

hala_madrid722 and temesgen repped this.