The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

1. mxaxbxm

mxaxbxm Member

Oct 28, 2018
    This is ridiculous. Glad I only saw the last 5 mins.

This is the worst Real Madrid I have seen in a long time. And they were getting toyed around with by the end.

Even Modric looked like and amateur.

2. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    He's looked like that way all season.

I'd look to.move him before Kroos.

Eddie repped this.
  3. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A few of us said that it wouldn't be the worst thing to sell him in the summer and unfortunately that turned out to be true. He was kept solely so that he could win the Balon d'or.

4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Yes and were attacked for saying so..

Eddie repped this.
  5. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    1D7525C2-87BB-493B-9C05-CFD93353D3AD.png

You can try and paint the picture that Modric has been one of the worse players this season but that is not the case. Look at the numbers.

The worse players have been Lucas, Isco & Asensio, Marcelo and Bale.

6. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Who said he ones one of the worse?

He was bad like damn near the entire team. His age is the only reason people look to move him.

7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    The rest of the list, if anyone is interested, had Asensio with a rating of 6.78 and Vinicius had a rating of 6.77.

8. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Vini has been a breath of fresh air but his ratings reflect the many chances he’s had to score and missed and his poor shooting accuracy.
    You were saying here that we would be better off to keep him instead of bringing Hazard..
    Well the reality is that that would be a terrible mistake because the numbers dont lie and we need to be more effective in front of goal.

9. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Ah, so let's use the ratings that make my argument, and ignore the ones that don't.

10. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    they are a supporting argument.

11. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Than how come Asensio got almost the same rating despite scoring only 1 goal lol? And he missed a lot of chances too.

This aint NBA. Stats can be deceiving in football.

12. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Because of the difference of minutes played.

13. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Asensio made more minutes this season than VJR. Which is why your stats dont make sense

14. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    It does to me actually if you understand how one bad game influences your average more in fewer games played . They are not my stats . They are from whoscore who sources their date from optA

15. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was definitely one that did not want him to leave in the summer, I love his football so much, but he’s been extra ordinary this season, unrecognizable really

16. mxaxbxm

mxaxbxm Member

Oct 28, 2018
    Finally over. This nightmare with the worst Madrid I have ever seen in my life is over.

You can show me all the statistics you wany on how there may have been worst seasons, but if you compare the players they had in the squad, there is no comparison.

2018-2019 Madrid is the worst version of Los Galacticos ever. No titles, destroyed by Barcelona on all games, humilliated in Champions League after winning 3 in a row, a difference of more than 15 points from the first place... and again, if you consider the squad, they should not have been that bad.

I will not point fingers at what player did what or how he performed or whatever.

I will say Zidane's and Ronaldo's departure were key. The team never adapted to playing with Ronaldo and the motivation and inspiration Zidane brought to the players was not there.

The team kept the same playstyle they had with Ronaldo, sending crosses and usind the sidelines for attacks but there was no one to finish them. The team needed a coach with a style, and many people will say hell no, but Mourinho would have been a better choice after Lopetegui. He would have at least try for the team to have a 'style' or 'vision' since Lopetegui just wanted possession, but with no idea on how to approach the goal.

I will not blame Solari at all since he is inexperienced and he did not have the respect of the most players, only the younger ones. I will instead applaud him for using the youth and not using players who were useless such as Isco.

But by that point, the top players were way below their level and Zidane's return made no improvements in playstyle, a style of no style. Just go out there and see what happens.

Hoping next season we can at least play better

17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1123932232467537921 is not a valid tweet id

madridista_hr, Eddie, PigBenis and 4 others repped this.
  18. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Man that was a tough night to stomach.

Prit Javier, Aimar 21, PigBenis and 3 others repped this.
  19. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I didn't see this being posted.

1131196769512112129 is not a valid tweet id

A big FU to the haters. But ignorant fans of others team will keep believing that fairytale.

PigBenis, Saeta Rubia, Vector-SS and 4 others repped this.
  20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    But but Franco

Anon. repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think what helps us a lot in this case is that other clubs have done so much of this state sponsored nonsense that this looks completely harmless in comprison.

Anon. repped this.
  22. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A good result but let us be reasonable as well.

It says there's not enough evidence to prove the club received state aid.

This is not the same as proving the club did nothing wrong.

23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    You're just full of misery. My lord.

24. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sounds like the decision probably is turning on the term "irregular" however that is being interpreted it may be like @4x4s is saying, this type of transaction has become normalized.

This may not even be helpful in the grand scheme of things seeing as how the club no longer receives state sponsored aid but other clubs do.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In a time where teams have a state's name across their shirt as the sponsor, the Madrid training ground case sounds like a farce.

We went from being chased for dealing with selling club property to the state to having teams having them as their official main sponsor.

Even if there was some lobbyism involved, it's absolutely harmless in comparison to what you hear nowadays.

Anon. repped this.