The Ray Hudson Quote Thread

Discussion in 'Alumni Forum' started by DCU9ted, Sep 7, 2003.

1. DCU9ted

DCU9ted New Member

Aug 24, 2002
    Rockville
    I remember a while ago someone said they were gonna try to make a page of Hudon Quotes. Did anyone ever make one or save them all?

"Kovalenko for me was outstanding also in his football, not just his gritty performance," United coach Ray Hudson said. "He's a footballer; he's got great feet. He's a good link man, a great outlet, he challenges ... he would stab his grandmother in the eye for another bowl of porridge."

This one needs to be added.

2. TCompton

TCompton Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Alexandria
    We should should just start a thread of his quotes... make it a sticky if you want... his quotes are classics.

“Without penetration, it’s just masturbation, and right now, we’re playing with ourselves.”

3. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    We had such a thread back in the BC days ...

BC, of course, stands for "before the crash". :rolleyes:

4. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Does he practice these things? I mean I cannot see how quotes like the ones he gives are spur of the moment.

5. DCU9ted

DCU9ted New Member

Aug 24, 2002
    Rockville
    Yeah, this quote had to be rehearsed...

6. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    ray,ray,ray....

A blind man on a galloping horse could see this guy is completely nuts.

7. StanfordSam

StanfordSam New Member

May 10, 2001
    Now THATS a line even Ray would be proud of....

LOVE IT.

8. CrazyDCFan

CrazyDCFan Member

Mar 31, 2002
    Henan, China
    Official "Favorite Hudson Quotes' thread

Ahhhh the memories folks.....

"Sit down and shut the *#*#*#*#*# up"- Hudson 9/13/03

Even if this is the most recent...its my favorite.

9. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    On Quintanilla...."He's starting to grow some hair on his balls"

10. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not exactly a soundbyte, but after the last game he said
    "It'll be real interesting when me and dog are watching the game tonight, and we're looking, and I'll kick him a couple of times. The dog is going to get a couple of kicks because of the chances that I believe we missed."

Maybe we could fill up the stands with some PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) folks. Punky must have an interesting life ;)

11. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
    That was me who was putting the page together. Someone said they had a bunch of quotes that they would have to dig up and I never heard back from them. I've been gone all summer but with these quotes I've got some great material to work with. I haven't updated the site in a while but I'm getting ready to.

12. DCU9ted

DCU9ted New Member

Aug 24, 2002
    Rockville
    Some of these quotes arent that funny but I put them in anyway for some reason.

By Steven Goff
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Sunday, September 14, 2003
    United "roared back, they absolutely roared back" after Walker's goal, Coach Ray Hudson said. "We stabbed 'em right in the heart and it was beautiful."

By Steven Goff
    Saturday, September 13, 2003
    "It's challenging to get the right horses for the right courses," Hudson said yesterday.

By Steven Goff
    Wednesday, September 10, 2003
    "He's a competitor. . . . He'd stab his grandmother in the eyes just for another bowl of porridge."

By Steven Goff
    Sun"To come back in that atmosphere -- it reminded me of England hearing that roar [after Pacheco's goal], that incredible roar," said United Coach Ray Hudson, an Englishman. "It's a wonderful sound -- there's nothing like it in the world -- and it's great to hear. I nearly started jumping up and down."day, August 31, 2003

From News Services and Staff Reports
    Thursday, August 28, 2003
    "It was a bit like going into a haunted house," United Coach Ray Hudson said. "We knew they'd scare us, but our class, especially in the midfield, pulled us through. Late in the match, Wilmington attacked from all angles and gave us some heart-stopping moments, but our boys pulled each other through."

13. Fah Que

Fah Que Member

Sep 29, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    When Ray was a color commentator for Miami Fusion, someone in a thread claimed a lot of Geordies talk like that.

14. Pibe04

Pibe04 New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Ft. Meade, MD USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny Hudson Quotes

Didn'y there used to be a sticky with all of the funny quotes Hudson has been accumulating?

15. Pibe04

Pibe04 New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Ft. Meade, MD USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good stuff

16. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Here's one from Sunday, as heard on WTOP:

"The way that the time was kept was a little cuc-koo, if you ask me."

He actually makes a cuckoo bird sound in this soundbyte. Classic.

Of course, my favorite would be Hudson on what he would do if he were Brad Friedel acting towards his defenders after the 1-1 draw with South Korea:

"Oh, I'd be kissing their bums in the showers."

17. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    ray, ray, ray

.......and the legend grows!

18. gunner_21

gunner_21 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Actually that's just a bit disturbing!

19. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
  20. Pibe04

Pibe04 New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Ft. Meade, MD USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "No one gave us the lickings of a dog coming into the match, but we've come up with a spirit-lifting performance."

Hudson after, DCU-Columbus tie 10/4/03

21. tmas

tmas Member

Dec 30, 2002
    mellon002, I like the one Pibe04 wrote and also I've got another one to suggest for the site: "the goals and celebrations in [RFK] they're better than the highest high. They're better than drugs. They're better than sex."

22. NJPsycho

NJPsycho New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Dirty Jerzee
    Sorry for trolling but Ray Hudson's quotes always crack me up.
    Hudson commenting on an amazing Timmy Howard save during the 2002 season:
    "I hate that guy"

Does anyone remember his quote during the World Cup saying something like "...most people think I sound like the janitor from the Simpsons", something like that. It was during a recap on ESPN.

23. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should make Diceson go back thru all his interview tapes, I bet he's got millions of them. I used to watch the Fusion play just to listen to Ray when he did the TV. The only guy who can come close to his quotes is Garth Lagerway, he's like a cross between Hudson and Dennis Miller (aka an educated Geordie :) )

24. BroonAleMagpie

BroonAleMagpie New Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    This doesn't really fit with the others, though. Ray's other quotes are hyperbole, flights of fancy, colourful exaggeration.

This one isn't. :)

25. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm finally getting around to compiling my old ones, dating back to the 2000 season (source would be my past employment at dailysoccer.com, RIP).

Just got done doing the ones from the 2000 campaign, and need to do some further research to find the ones from the '01 and '02 seasons.

And as long as I've got some "down" time while I'm recuperating from some minor knee surgery this week, that means I finally have the time to finish compiling my lists.

So let me know if I can put forth what I've already got, as the work-in-progress, or if I should wait until everything's finished.