The Random Thoughts About Anything, except VAR, Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by delaynomo, Nov 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He cares about one thing. Being the big man in the senate. Nothing else matters.

2. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Well maybe some of them there ruples.
    image.jpg

3. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    This shit has to stop. And now. Looks like there's there's a lot of easy money being spread to the 'right' people.
    It's not just football either.

Spanish FA is accused of 'turning a blind eye to sportwashing' for agreeing £102m deal to host Super Cup in 'heinous' Saudi Arabia - as fans and TV stations boycott Barcelona and Real Madrid games

Barca and Real Madrid are facing a huge backlash over their £102m jaunt to Saudi Arabia as they ignore criticism over taking money from a nation long-condemned for its terrible human rights record.

Full Story:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...-backlash-Spanish-Super-Cup-Saudi-Arabia.html

4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ive read earlier today that Valencia have sold altogether 27 tickets for it

5. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Yeah, I read a total of 9% tickets have been sold to mostly locals.

Funny about Valencia. They were the only team to protest. BUT only because they didn't get as much money as the others. :)

6. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    La Liga seems petrified that the PL is starting to drown them out, esp in the Middle East and Asia.

this is a disgraceful idea though. talk about being disrespectful to their core fans.

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As someone with family (and heritage) in Iran, I hope this shit calms down real fast.

8. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    His booming voice will be familiar to all those who visit Anfield. It is a voice that has accompanied all of the magical European nights Liverpool have enjoyed over the last five decades as well as nearly every domestic match for the last 48 years. George Sephton’s debut as the stadium announcer on 14 August 1971 was somewhat overshadowed by another debutant who had been brought in by Bill Shankly from Scunthorpe United over the summer. Kevin Keegan only took 12 minutes to get on to the scoresheet as Liverpool ran out 3-1 winners over Nottingham Forest. Keegan went on to score 100 goals in his six years for the club, with Sephton there to witness the vast majority of them from his precarious perch on the television gantry.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...undtrack-english-football-liverpool-brentford

9. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    As someone who has Iranian friends and attended a wedding with them last year. They still have family back in Iran they are very scared for. And not for the first time.

I hope so too.

burning247 repped this.
  10. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Well, the beacon of the Free World has given the moral stamp of its approval to the great country that is Saudi Arabia, so who are the fans of two soccer teams to dispute the wonder of the place.....???

11. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Stilts (nor anyone else in the United States) has answered my question of why this deal that took ages to work out and was agreed to by all the major powers and agencies as a good deal was a "very bad deal for the United States"??

Of course, maybe they realize its obvious that the person stating this (who wrecked the thing) knows nothing about anything, factually or analytically .....
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

12. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Indeed .... I think the reason he cares most is that they have allowed the dumbing down to go too far down, and now they need to continually massage those egos of Trump's Legions or risk losing votes and seats...

13. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm not sure which "deal" you are referring to. if you mean the Obama/Iran nuclear deal, that was BHO's idea of how not to create more tension between the US and Iran.

If anybody thought that Iran would honor its half of the agreement, that was foolhardy. Iran is committed to wiping Israel of the face of the Earth, and highly enriched uranium is in the recipe.

The average Persian does not support the regime's obsession with Israel. A comfortable middle-class life is quite enough for those persons, thank you very much.

14. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    wrong. they were keeping their end of the agreement, until the Orange Knobhead walked away from it that is.

delaynomo repped this.
  15. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    and now his Wag The Dog killing of Soleimani has caused almost 200 innocent civilians to get killed.

(before you say "nothing to do with Trump" get real - there is a 100% direct line between the drone shot on Soleimani and the Iraqi military effing up and downing the plane in error.)

butI assume you are OK with that stilts.

16. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #216 StiltonFC, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    you draw a straight line because that's how you are disposed to see the situation. and my current understanding is that it was an Iranian missle that downed the plane.

17. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    of course it was Iranian. stop being deliberately obtuse.

why did they launch all those missiles? you're saying it had nothing to do with Trump killing Soleimani? tell me how you "see the situation".

usscouse repped this.
  18. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    The way his glorious leader and his knob polishers tell it.

delaynomo and SamScouse repped this.
  19. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There is not a single American I know who would admit they voted for Trump. Possibly because the worldly ones coming to Europe arent his crowd. Was the same with Bush II and Canadian flags on their luggage

20. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I agree. on our travels outside North America my wife and I sometimes bump into Americans and enjoy chatting with (virtually :)) all of them. never met a single one who defends Trump, and almost without exception they are very embarrassed and apologize profusely for him.

White/Blue_since1860 repped this.
  21. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Getting back to this - The thing with this is that ancient Greece was not a very "democratically representative " electorate. Women (more sensible beings oftentimes) didn't have any vote.

If the US didn't have a rigged system where generally straight line or city / county boundaries were uninterfered with as the natural voting districts, these scum who manipulate power wouldn't be able to act as they do.

The one Irony I find somewhat cuddlesome in all this is that if there is a Christian Biblical God, then nearly all the wankers who are involved in this denial of people's right to fair voting won't be getting away with it quite like they think they are. That is a beautiful thought, irrespective of whether there is a God or not.

Point of Lesson: Anyone engaging in denying anyone else a vote is SCUM.

22. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What sort of added value does such an argument bring? Greece city states were -at the time- what clearly constitutes as a democracy as the demos literally "ruled". That we consider every Tom, Dick and Harry as demos nowadays does not take anything away from it.
    Other states, e.g. Australia dont suffer from this as much and they're new, former colonial territory just like you guys.

No, the difference maker here is -as stated in the video- the demos. A demos that is or is not taught to make well-informed, rational decisions.

Now, it's not been always like that. In the 19th century the US managed far more quickly to basically eradicate illiteracy. Much quicker than then leading European superpowers of the time that were more or less the center of human civilization. We know the success story that followed. But then, in the 60ies you guys began to make education a thing to pay for. And civil studies disappeared from timetables. We also know the not quite success story that followed after that up until where we are now.
    I have to say I hadnt heard about it growing up in Europe. We dont even have a word for gerrymandering. I also was surprised to learn there is another democracy where you have "to register" to vote.

23. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    RIP Neil Peart, OC. Listening to his special brand of thunder on Tom Sawyer now. Shunned the limelight but made the song.

CB-West and newterp repped this.
  24. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    OMG .. are you serious ....???
    I wanna cry .....

love Neil....

25. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you originally said it was Iraqi military. that's a horse of a different color from Iranian military. was it a mistake? how are we to tell? is there definitive real-time broadcasting from Iranian military that says, "Ooops"?

my considered opinion is that the missile barrage that Iran launched into Iraq in the vicinity of military bases occupied by US troops was NEVER intended to do much damage. had Iran done so, i think it would have precipitated a devastating response from US military. I can't know that for sure, but I suspect oil refineries would have been targeted.

you are claiming that Trump is directly responsible for the fact that Iran shot down a plane ( regardless of its origin or destination). that claim is completely unsupportable. it's more of the TDS rhetoric that is endemic among people who are caught up in an irrational hatred of our president.

now, did Iran choose to shoot down a plane because the Ayatollah was miffed at the US having killed a horrible man? i think that's a fair assessment, but that does in no way lay the blame on Trump.