The Random Thoughts About Anything, except VAR, Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by delaynomo, Nov 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    ???? I wrote the damn thing!!!

2. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

3. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    well yep I'm old ... but this hasn't been happening for as long a time as you imply (I'm older than you so I can remember when it started :) )

not necessarily just corporations and governments .... what prompted the convo I mentioned was a charity collection of "Holiday" donations, showing a video of ppl putting boxes wrapped in traditional Christmas paper into a collection bin. ppl who celebrate (eg) Diwali don't wrap gifts that way so it seemed to be a purely Christmas thing being presented as a "Holiday" thing, which is nuts imo.

(I didn't say I was offended)

burning247 repped this.
  4. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    What has watching the news got to do with being aware the Vietnam war is over???

5. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    hey stilton - see what Tucker Carlson is saying about Trump.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry...mp-liar_n_5ddf55d2e4b0913e6f790a3a?ri18n=true
    Tucker Carlson Calls Trump A 'Full-Blown BS Artist' And Admits He's A Liar

does Trump measure up to your standard?

delaynomo repped this.
  6. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    The White House says there is no proof that the photo on the left was photoshopped. I'm inclined to agree.

image.jpg

7. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is it beyond all possibility that the conflict in Vietnam resumed?

usscouse repped this.
  8. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Sweet jesus christ.

delaynomo repped this.
  9. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course it’s possible. Totally. The biggliest possibility. The Best!

10. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You have all the best words!

11. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The one on the right is what Melania gets to look at whenever Donald wants to play dress up.

12. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Trump is on it - he's negotiating a truce. He says it'll be the biggest and best truce in the history of truces.

And Mexico will pay for it.

But first, Vietnam must announce that they are going to investigate the Bidens. For something, doesn't matter what.

13. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I've seen a couple of comments that Melania has moved out of the WH to an apt. Haven't found conformation yet tho.
    Dunno why she would do that. :rolleyes:

14. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i don't advocate ignoring news media. i can understand, however, that some reasonably intelligent Americans might be so weary of the divisiveness, the rabid attacks coming from both sides, that they would rather watch Family Feud reruns than major network or other sources of news.

right now the tenor of opinion in the country is that less than 45% are in favor of impeachment and the number of independents that are against impeachment is growing, for fairly obvious reasons.

so, in the final analysis, what needs to happen is fence mending. the Schiff/Pelosi circus isn't going to change the result of the last Presidential election, much to the chagrin of the WaPo and other left-of-center media.

the people being interviewed for Kimmel's show should have known that there is no war in Viet Nam, but not knowing doesn't make them stupid. perhaps it means they don't want to be inundated by the flood of negativity pervading our landscape.

15. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    she needs some peace and quiet to write her follow-up book - "Another Warning - Why Won't You People Effing LIsten!"

delaynomo and usscouse repped this.
  16. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #66 usscouse, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    Two items there shows that you're the one that's ignoring the new media by still use Fox as your news source.
    Most polls, other than fox are showing over 50% for impeachment and removal. Only 43% against.

That Schiff, Pelosi circus as you call it has absolutely no interest in reversing the 2016 farcical vote. That is strictly a Fox diversion you'd have to be a total idiot to believe that is what Schiff and Pelosi are calling for. I mean F'kn stupid.

I'm don't know if this impeachment will work, with the senate turd polishers all covering for the lying scum bucket criminal in the White House. But after what he's done to the presidency, the country and face it that's were the diversity comes from. He needs to go.

I can't see any fence mending while he's in office with people like you still propagating his lies. It doesn't sound to me like you've been following anything that's actually been going on other than watching Fox and Friends.

Do you really tune Mike Wallace out. You have to.

SamScouse and delaynomo repped this.
  17. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    more from Trump. The guy is a really a hoot....

"Adam Schiff is a deranged human being. I think he grew up with a complex … I think he’s a very sick man. And he lies..."

Donald Trump

er, who is he having these conversations with? Pinnochio?? Who in the rational world of facts does he think is listening to him?

18. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #68 zaqualung, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019

What major stories in the mainstream news have been Faked this year?

I keep hearing about them, but I don't actually know any of them. Please link to one you believe to be faked. Just for the hell of reality like.... Because just off my head, I can think of about 5 faked rubbish-ups originating out of Fox News this year.

Heard the one about
    "There are lots of crazy people wanting to change the name of thanksgiving."
    Just for your edification you should know that this doozy was given the same credibility by Fox News as, let's say a story that might run on the right with a headline such as
    "People who are seriously against climate change will slow the economy and should therefore be challenged on policy"

It was not given the equivalent kind of credibility to a type of headline which might say:
    "Lots of sex crazed left-wingers want to book into hotel rooms and drill holes int the walls to watch Erin Andrews naked" (I heard this on a talk radio phone-in back when that was happening. I kid you not.)

Which, of course, is obviously the kind of credibility level of reporting it should be given. Something is VERY wrong with right-wing news ....

out of three of the above, only one headline is reasonable. They other two are dogsh!t and yet, otherwise reasonable people like you, refuse to recognize this.

19. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It is for Trump. He still has the bone spurs.....

delaynomo repped this.
  20. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  21. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  22. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I know this. Mueller said this. Mueller wasn't sufficiently sure an indictment could get a conviction. Mueller then went out of his way to point out that this did not exonerate anyone. That there was indeed malfeasance plain for all to contemplate.
    Based on that, a large subset of prosecutors from across the country are on record stating that they would have prosecuted. They did this (I believe) just to try to point out to less subtly informed people who might otherwise buy into it, not to buy into the delusion that there wasn't criminality afoot.

Where's the big news there?

Are you in some way claiming that spin on this which btw does not change its basic account, is equivalent to mad theories, such as the one that thinks (sic) Ukraine, not Russia, were the originators of a plan to mess with American electoral politics.....? Because that's a). totally bonkers and b). just for good measure, been dismissed by the CIA, the NSA and the FBI.

The world (and politics) may be full of people like Devin Nunez - psychologicallly medicated sheep - but you/we don;t want them getting to say what is reality and what isn't.... Not unless you are insane as well, of course......

incidentally - your link gave me this:

upload_2019-12-4_9-11-15.png

23. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So my daughter is 2 months old today.

I know that's random but that's what the thread says and it has nothing to do with Trump. So there.

el-capitano, usscouse and newterp repped this.
  24. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Tell her Happy Birthday. If you can translate that to her - extra points....