The pursuit of the EPL?

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Clinical Striker redded, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So you don't know?

2. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    So are Juve. Can we presume that Juve are, in your eyes, not even as good as Portsmouth?

3. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Being better then Juve right now is hardly an accomplishment.

4. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Who said it was? I'm just trying (foolish, I know) to see if you can hold onto a string of logic for more than three posts without getting totally confused.

5. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Me getting confused? I've experienced no such thing little man. Right now, yes, Pompey are a better team then Juve. No question about it.

6. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    So, Pompey > Juventus > Man United ?

But Man United and Chelsea are the best two teams in Europe according to you?

7. BlackburnRover

BlackburnRover New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    M6
    Do you ever log off this site?

8. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    They were last season yeah. Obviously it's impossible to tell the future. If Man Utd lose their match in hand then yes I'd say right now Pompey are doing better. Doesn't mean it'll stay that way. Juve will obviously be last since EPL is a much stronger league.

9. BlackburnRover

Sep 10, 2007
    M6

That was to Duck by the way, if you hadn't guessed ... I think I already know the answer.

10. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    AC Milan are one of Europes biggest sides. Pompey aren't even one of the biggest sides in the EPL. Infact, there are sides in the Championship that would be considered bigger in terms of support, ground and indeed finances.

In short - AC Milan and Pompey is a complete and utter mis-match of seizmic proportions. AC should walk all over them, if your logic that Serie A is better is true. In contrast, if Pompey so much as run them close, then one of Italy's biggest, most successful and richest football clubs will have been given a tough game by a mid-table, mid-size, EPL new boy.

In conclusion, the only person on here who has not acknowledged that Serie is currently not as strong as the EPL is you. Isn't it about time you stopped arguing with fact and just accepted that, for now, England has the stronger league. In football, money is power and there is more of it in the EPL than Serie A and La Liga put together at the moment.

11. BlackburnRover

Sep 10, 2007
    M6
    Who on here thinks Duck means everything he says, and who thibnk he's just playing devil's advocate and enjoynig himself doing nothing more than winding everyone up?

Personally I'd have got bored by now but each to their own.

We can all give our answers then Duck will put us all out of our misery and tell us the answer.

12. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So a side with a great history will always be better then a smaller team? Notts Forest? Leeds? Pro Vercelli? Torino?

I explained why I thought Serie A was better. It has nothing to do with European Cup success or Serie A teams being able to knock out EPL teams.

And not once have I said that EPL haven't had more success in UCL the last couple years. So you can stuff you dumb conclusions.

13. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    By what criteria are you measuring Man U and Chelsea being the best two sides in Europe last season?

14. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    They were the most solid teams in terms of defense and attack and seemed the closest to being unbeatable, always collecting points even when they struggle to break teams down. They both had players who could win games on their own at any time.

15. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So this was never about discussion with a view to coming to a conclusion, but simply a thread to state your blinkered beliefs and ignore or dismiss anyone elses or any evidence presented to you?

Right, in that case I believe that the Ukrainian league is by far the strongest league in Europe. Seeing as the success of it's teams in Europe is not something we're taking into consideration or it's teams results against Europes best clubs I fail to see how you can disagree with me............you big homo. :rolleyes:

Please, what a waste of space. Can we close this thread now, please?

16. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't know why people are even bothering wasting their energy on him. Duck's like that idiot on 606 who just spouts rubbish and despite the fact that you're actively shouting over the sound, the hopes of getting your point across is not likely. The difference being that here we're treated to gay smack.

If anything it's best to just regard Duck like that idiot and just laugh.

17. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    An American Chelsea fan calling me an idiot. That's rich.

18. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Wow you're really taking 'lame' to a new level Harry. Congrats. Have a nice weekend.

19. BlackburnRover

Sep 10, 2007
    M6
    Or is everyone else just doing that to Duck and he's spinning round in circles trying to answer everything, tying himself in knots in the process?

20. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ah, Duckie you're ramblings are amusing. Well in the sense that it's the drunk guy at the party make a complete idiot of himself.

1. You're a Norwegian fan of Italy's biggest club. Unless Norway has some special connection to Turin then I'd advise you to run away from the falling shards of glass.

2. Your love of Serie A is one of the reasons why I don't bother debating with La Liga and Serie A fanboys in regards to the better league. Fortunately the Serie A fanboys aren't as bad as the La Liga idiots but you alone are an embarassment to every Serie A and Juve fan.

3. You refuse to accept the fact that England is up, Italy is down. Given that not a single team made it into the semi-finals of the CL last season (Roma? LOL!) and that English clubs are two out of four in regards to CL domination, all the facts are there but like the drunk guy who refuses to accept that jumping off the roof will hurt him, you refuse to accept the facts.

4. And you're asking what matches were rigged, I doubt even the Juve fans know that (Or you) but given that there's evidence and transcripts of phone calls in regard to Moggi having conversations with Italian football officials to get refs of their favor, it's hard to not believe. So do what us Lazio fans are doing and move on. It does a lot better.

21. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well it's early morning over here and I'm somewhat bored. Unlike him though, I have a life.

22. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    This thread is like a comments section on Goal.com.

PS. That is not a good thing. :D

The mods might as well rename this thread - 'The Muppet Show'. :rolleyes:

23. RickChelsea

RickChelsea Member

Sep 28, 2008
    sidknee
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mozambique
    its similar but people on goal.com don't know how to spell

24. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yeah atleast we have that :cool:

25. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Portsmouth 2 - 2 AC Milan.

AC Milan lucky to get a draw away to Portsmouth in the UEFA Cup. Amny suggestion that Serie A has by far the better teams and/or football shot down in flames again.....