The Pitts and Oliver Beene

Discussion in 'Books' started by Ictar, Mar 31, 2003.

1. Ictar

Ictar Member

Jun 18, 2002
    The Oklahoma Panhandle
    The Pitts: Sucked. I kept waiting on something funny to happen. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Oliver Beene: I think I spelled 'Beene' wrong, but oh well. This show is damn funny. His obviously gay friend ("Oh, I don't know. I think it's a bit gawdy.") is hilarious, as is his older brother. I loved the episode last night when the principal told Oliver's parents, "He hurt our negro!"

2. angus_hooligan

angus_hooligan New Member

May 15, 2001
    Chicago
    Agreed, Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!!!

Not sure on this show yet.

3. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Oliver Beene, AKA "Malcolm in the Wonder Years."

The Pitts, AKA "non-animated (in a couple senses of that word) Simpsons"

4. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    I didn't even bother to watch the Pitts.

I love the fact that Oliver's dad is Miles from Murphy Brown

5. Aimer. Northend Diva

Dec 7, 2000
    Hollywood
    you know....both those filmed like a year ago and they're just now airing because they stink! They were originally slated to be on the fall schedules and got booted!

Let's hope Septuplets stays shelved, unlike these bombs.

6. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    1) I did not know that [/Johnny Carson Voice]
    2) I'm disturbed that a show called Septuplets even made it to production.

7. Aimer. Northend Diva

Dec 7, 2000
    Hollywood
    think the plot for septuplets was a family with septuplets running some resort hotel.

man, there are a lot of pilots that never see the light of day. Save the Last Dance, the series...anyone? The Lone Ranger was supposed to be a series, not just a WB movie.

8. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are a lot of things about TV programs that are very disturbing. Mostly stuff relating to how tripe like Ed stays on the air long past it's shark-jumping point, while quality shows like Farscape get the axe. Or shows like Firefly are deepsixed by the network before they even start running. Sigh.

9. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    I kept thinking that The Pitts was some kind of inside joke. Like an April Fool's prank where some Fox exec said "I know, let's promote some completely unfunny show like crazy, and see how many people actually tune in to watch it!" That's the only explanation that made any sense. The jokes weren't funny, and the laugh track would have been overbearing even if they were.

It's absolutely mind-boggling that anyone at Fox would think this crap is better than Andy Richter Controls the Universe.

Later
    COZ

10. Ictar

Ictar Member

Jun 18, 2002
    The Oklahoma Panhandle
    Well, we shouldn't have expected any better from a network that would cut Family Guy, I guess.

11. odg78

odg78 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    North Carolina
    I'm amazed at how Fox can have some of the greatest shows out there and simultaneously come out with some of the crap they do. It's a miraculous feat.

12. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Oliver Beene can burn in hell for all I care for. It's not fit to clean Andy Richter's toilet.