The paucity of English opportunity thread

Discussion in 'England' started by wellno, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    After this performance, wouldn’t surprise me to see him a lot more involved and getting regular minutes in the Prem with Arsenal. Could very well see him promoted to the U21’s in the near future.

roverman repped this.
  2. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    If we revert to a 433 then I think based on that performance he should be starting for the U21s.

roverman repped this.
  3. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Saka looks a player. Need to keep him in the england setup because those pesky Nigerians are sniffing around

4. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Willock looks a player too, slowly morphing into Loftus Cheek

5. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    He's not eligible to play for Nigeria. It's the Ghanaian FA you need to worry about.

roverman repped this.
  6. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    My bad. Same thing applies

7. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Are you sure? Some Nigerians on twitter seem to think he qualifies for them also, apparently a Nigerian name but when I checked on wiki, just says Ghanaian heritage.

8. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    That's always the worry with these English youngsters, other nations always hover around. It's so frustrating. Thankfully I can't see sako turning his back on England at this point

9. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Greenwood has looked decent so far. Gomes has shown some nice touches. Chong, I know he's Dutch, has looked pretty poor so far

10. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Gomes gets too high too soon. He keeps playing up against the back line instead of making himself available in pockets of space.

11. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I’ve been hit on saka since I saw him pre season

I think he’s better than Nelson personally

David Hurford repped this.
  12. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    Has anyone been watching the United game? Interested to hear how tuanzebe has been doing.

13. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    #1663 sharpovic, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    exactly, too hard to find, that's something young CM/10 tend to do when they start at senior level and this is why I like to play them deeper as it forces them to see more of the ball. He showed touches of class though

roverman repped this.
  14. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Great goal from greenwood

15. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Very good goal. Created the space for himself whilst shifting to the right foot and got the shot through the keepers legs.

roverman repped this.
  16. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    If he can score a few goals this season, I would honestly take him to the euros.

17. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Didn't have a great deal to do but when he did he was very assured. Didn't look at all out of place, albeit only against Astana.

18. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    1174792455927058450 is not a valid tweet id

19. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    You must be on a wind up now

ChristianSur, ADM99 and Garibaldi11 repped this.
  20. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    Hopefully he can push for a starting prem spot. Test himself against better opposition. Must be 3rd choice before Jones now

TopBanana10 repped this.
  21. You can keep him over there after Brexit. The guys who stayed in the Dutch league surpassed him. Just take a good look at Stengs and Boadu when AZ visits Man United. My only worry is that epl clubs scramble over each other with their big wallets to lure those two before they have matured fully the Dutch way. They have to stay another two years in the Eredivisie to make sure they are seasoned the Dutch way. Chong and his likes turn across the Channel in stinkers. When do those idiots learn from examples that went before them and never ever made it. If Frenkie de Jong went across the Channel at 16 he wouldnot be who he is now.
    How can Chong be playing in Man United while being on the bench for Young Orange?

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  22. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    On another topic but I think Beardsley is finished in professional football or he should be anyway, can’t see any Clubs employing him after this. My only surprise is that he’s only been suspended for 8 months though.

thebigman repped this.
  23. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    There's no way he will get another job after this. Even though it's only for 8 months, no club will touch him now and rightly so! Disgusting man.

24. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    How long did it take Graham Rix to get another job?

25. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019

Why on earth did Herbie Kane not go out on loan this summer, or even move permanently?

By all accounts he was very good for Doncaster last season yet he's back at Liverpool playing U23 football. He's 20 now and is surely just wasting his time playing in PL2.

Similar story with Curtis Jones. He's far too good to be playing at this level and doesn't have much of a shot at regular first-team football.

Sam1010 repped this.