The Pantofola d'Oro Thread

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by chivamex10, Sep 7, 2010.

1. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Not bad at all!
    Oh? I hadn't realised!

2. Leather22

Leather22 New Member

Valencia CF
    Spain
    Nov 4, 2018
    Hy there! I'm new here! I was looking to buy a pair of leather, high quality SG cleats and I have stumbled upon the Akuna and Ryal brand. I was between the Akuna Cinquestelle and the Ryal Europa or La Storia. The problem I have is that the size chart that Akuna have sent me looks dodgy (it turns out that sizing according to this chart is half a size smaller than my Copa Mundial's, which seems weird). Which would you recommend for a GK based on leather quality and performance? And which size if I use an 8.5UK in the Copa's? Thanks a lot! :)

P.S: For those who have problems with the insoles, try the Storelli Speedgrip insoles, they are mint

3. sscholz700

sscholz700 Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Check your normal European sizes and go half size down. I wear nike vapor in 40,5 adidas 17.1, x 15.1 16.1and akunas in 40

4. Leather22

Leather22 New Member

Valencia CF
    Spain
    Nov 4, 2018
    Thanks a lot! :)

5. sscholz700

sscholz700 Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Here are the best old schools boots I think. Akuna cinquestelle cobra and storica. I prefer these over all pantofolas IMG_20190102_070738.jpeg IMG_20190102_070748.jpeg IMG_20190102_070910.jpeg IMG_20190102_070931.jpeg

6. JnL1

JnL1 Member

Jan 18, 2013
    the storicas are the best boots I ever had, although the leather gets quite stiff after being wet.
    and where did you get them?

7. sscholz700

sscholz700 Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I get them from voetbaldirect for 87 Euro. This is a company in the Netherlands.

JnL1 repped this.
  8. snakenuts

snakenuts New Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 7, 2019
    Hi,
    I just wanted to get some opinion on futsal (indoor) shoes from people if they have the boots I'm talking about.

I bought a pair of the Pantofola d'oro Impulso Premium Pythons recently. They have a soft-leather vamp with the python pattern. However, they seems quite slippery, almost like a synthetic leather.
    My concern is that they the ball will "slip" when I kick it, i.e., slide off the instep because the leather doesn't grip. I have had this issue with a pair of new Adidas Predators that look like a sock-style. There is absolutely no "grip", so when shooting or chip-passing the ball slides off the shoe, leaving me with less control on the pass and shot. I am worried that the Pythons will do something similar.

I dont have a ball to kick at home, so I have to wait until I play next to try them out. But the problem is, if I try them out on the field but am not satisfied I wont be able to exchange them.
    After comparing them to the photos of the soft ground cleat model, I'm thinking its a completely different style of leather, where the SG version is more "sticky" looking.
    My last pair of futsal shoes were the Pantofola Lazzarini Preimium. They were great. The leather was fantastic. But I have two issues with them. 1 - the stitching in the front toe came undone after a couple of uses on my kicking foot. 2 - the sole was a little thin at the ball of the foot, so they wore out quickly.

I would gladly use them again. So I am wondering if I should return the Pythons in exchange for another pair of Lazarrinis, or give the Pythons a go.
    Does anyone have any opinion on the Pythons, prefferably experience with a turf model?

Cheers

9. Leather22

Leather22 New Member

Valencia CF
    Spain
    Nov 4, 2018
    Hy! Why you don't try the new Ryal's indoors (ryal.it)? I don't own them (waiting for my SG europa's to arrive) but they look great!

10. GeorgeSmi27

GeorgeSmi27 New Member

Manchester United
    England
    Sep 14, 2018
    Just purchased the storicas, let's see how they are.

11. GeorgeSmi27

GeorgeSmi27 New Member

Manchester United
    England
    Sep 14, 2018
    Didn't know they did pythons in turf but I have the gold ones and the leather seems great. Too scared to wear them don't want to ruin them

12. GeorgeSmi27

GeorgeSmi27 New Member

Manchester United
    England
    Sep 14, 2018
    Has anyone ordered directly from Akuna.it? I ordered a few days ago and sent an email, but as of yet, have not been contacted.

13. sscholz700

sscholz700 Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Normally Mr Parlamenti answer the mails. I ordered the cobras and the storicas from akuna

GeorgeSmi27 repped this.
  14. JnL1

JnL1 Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Didn´t get an answer two times from akuna.it. Can´t understand why...

15. JnL1

JnL1 Member

Jan 18, 2013
    ordered the new akuna colibri for a friend via ebay.it

Attached Files:

GeorgeSmi27 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  16. Nick G

Nick G New Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hi there. I'm looking to pick up a pair of Ryal or Akuna Colibri boots and am normally a size:
    • 11 US (10 UK and 45 EU) in Nike
    • 11 US (10.5 UK and 45 1/3 EU) in Adidas (9.5 UK and 10 US in Copa Mundials)
    I know there have been a lot of posts like this already on this thread but its hard to get a good idea considering all the varying opinions. When I measured my feet they came to 27.5cm each but 11 US is usually 28.5 or 29cm so measuring charts are not much help either.

Thanks.

17. JnL1

JnL1 Member

Jan 18, 2013
    they arrived, they are magnificent. Leather is ultrasoft.

Attached Files:

18. JnL1

JnL1 Member

Jan 18, 2013
    heaven on earth: found a smal store in Milan, Italy with cinquestelle.
    Bought three pairs :)

Attached Files:

jihado86, sscholz700 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  19. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    That's amazing. You're so lucky to found that place. What was the store called? Which three pairs did you buy?

sscholz700 repped this.
  20. JnL1

JnL1 Member

Jan 18, 2013

Attached Files:

derbyyank13 and sscholz700 repped this.
  21. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
  22. JnL1

JnL1 Member

Jan 18, 2013
    They are :)

Attached Files:

derbyyank13 repped this.
  23. sscholz700

sscholz700 Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Here are the pantofola d oro emidio. They have the old soleplate, but they have a nice padded heel lining material like the diadora brasils View attachment 151006 IMG_20190327_153313.jpeg IMG_20190327_153331.jpeg

derbyyank13 repped this.
  24. JnL1

JnL1 Member

Jan 18, 2013
    The good old pantofola quality of former times: stitched soleplate, real leather, made in italy. Nowadays synthetic, glued, made in china crap...
    Saw some PdO shoes in Milan, I was shocked.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  25. Leather22

Leather22 New Member

Valencia CF
    Spain
    Nov 4, 2018

As a proud owner of a pair of Ryal Europa's SG (they rock, in my humble opinion they blow the copas out fo the water (which are going to get sent to retirement by a pair of Su mesura or Dribbling low by the summer) I advice you (that's what the team at Ryal told me) to go half a size up from your UK copa's size (ie for you that means a 10 UK)… For the Akuna's, I have got no idea…