The Pantofola d'Oro Thread

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by chivamex10, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Kai!

Kai! New Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I live in Australia and I ordered a 41. I actually went by Japanese size - I measured my feet multiple times and then rounded up from the average. Honestly, my La Storias are so close to being a perfect fit and I'm considering trying a different pair of Ryal boots in half a size up.

In terms of the other Ryal boots, does anyone know if the Italica, 70 Anni and Classico are any lower in quality than the others? They're the three cheapest, with the Italica coming in at just €68, while the others are €81 and €87 respectively. Is calf leather just cheaper than kangaroo leather or is it actually worse too?

2. sscholz700

sscholz700 Member

Nov 16, 2016
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Here are my colibris

Kai! and derbyyank13 repped this.
  3. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    In general kangaroo leather is softer and stronger, therefore is considered superior.
    However calf leather copes better with the scrapes and abrasions that happen on artificial grass or astroturf.

That said - super high quality calf leather is great, and sometimes might be "better" than poorer quality kangaroo leather.

Also, some of the traditional Italian boot companies tend to stick with calf leather, because they want to maintain their history and traditions, and there aren't many kangaroos in Italy :)

I'm not a boot expert by any means, but at the moment I've got the Umbro Speciali Eternal AG and the Adidas Copa tango 17.1 TF which have got calf leather uppers[*] and they are both high quality (although I don't like the fabric/elastic compression tongue on the Copas but that is a different issue). I've also picked up a pair of Adidas Kaisers in store which are calf leather they felt like high quality boots to me.

[*] Note it is only the TF version of the Copa 17.1 which is calf leather, the other models are kangaroo leather, probably for the reason I mentioned above.

Hope this helps!

Kai! repped this.
  4. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    isn't kangaroo more water resistant as well? i remember hearing that years ago. i've always thought that was true, but who knows?

5. Kennedykid90

Kennedykid90 New Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    How were these compared to normal lazz?

6. Kennedykid90

Kennedykid90 New Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    How did you find these compared to lazzs? Better worse better quality?

7. sscholz700

sscholz700 Member

Nov 16, 2016
    The quality is the same, but they are not one piece upper. The lazzarinis are wider than the emidios.

8. sscholz700

sscholz700 Member

Nov 16, 2016
    They are the same, but they have a other tonque. The quality and the size is the same

9. Kennedykid90

Kennedykid90 New Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Which do u prefer mate, if i was gunna buy my first pair which do i go for, comfort, touch the whole package?

10. Kennedykid90

Kennedykid90 New Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Any sort of information would be great thanks in advance.

11. sscholz700

sscholz700 Member

Nov 16, 2016
    IMG_20161122_105659928.jpg IMG_20161210_112657934.jpg
    The emidios and theses lazzarinis have a more flexible soleplate. I prefer this over the old school soleplate. The lazzarinis have a better Touch, because of the one piece upper. The leather quality is the same, but you have a break in period.

12. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    What's the weight on the Lazzarinis and how's the sizing compared to say Nike or Mizuno?

13. sscholz700

sscholz700 Member

Nov 16, 2016
    They weigh 275g. I would go down half size or 1 size down

14. Kai!

Kai! New Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Does anyone replace the insoles of their classic boots? I swapped out the La Storia's for my old Nomis ones and it's much more comfortable. They have far better cushioning and arch support and it's really noticeable if I compare them side by side. Now I'm considering buying some standalone insoles to go with my next pair of boots, though I'm concerned they might not fit.

15. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I did something similar once with my old Pantos. I was getting sore on the ball of my left foot so I put a blister pad directly on the soleplate. Sounds weird worked wonders!

16. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Just to give an update. I LOVE these trainers.

The leather while using for only a couple of games has soften them to butter softness that I always wanted out of a boot.

While they may be made in China, the stitching so far stays intact and keeps the toe in place as my feet get pretty beat up and I start seeing wear.

They're decently made for what they are and the softness vs. prices is second to none. I think these are my favorite indoor/turfs/Astros i've ever worn!

I only now want to get rid of the white on the side. Does anyone have suggestions on blacking that part out? Is there a good paint pen or something that would match that black? It's like a blackish'gray/flat color.

Dr. Boots and gusgorman repped this.
  17. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Whats the synthetic in the midfoot like? Touch ok?

18. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So despite the China make they are solid and probably better than a Nike or adidas China model in terms of quality, fit, and feel?

19. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    WTF? What complete crap. So much for "against modern football"[​IMG]

20. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    haha - that has to be an April fools???
    Surely????
    Please tell me it is!

21. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    #846 derbyyank13, Apr 2, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  22. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    derbyyank13 repped this.
  23. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Maybe for Cuadrado? He was rocking a pair of X15 in leather w/a collared attachment. He seems to be on their page of "celebs" w/at least their leisure shoe. If it was made for him to his specs, I get it.

24. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Yeah. That's a good point. Still though for a company that prided itself against "modern football" its sad to see them do a collared boot.

Dr. Boots repped this.
  25. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agreed based on prior marketing, but they seem to have ditched that campaign, although it was pretty awesome and snarky.

I guess you could argue that the collar or high cut is ultra retro and they updated the materials or it is a least a throwback to the mid 90's Diadora DAP SuperGoal Van Basten. It's a reach - big one - but I'm trying to be be pragmatic.

Bolivianfuego and derbyyank13 repped this.