The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They should retire now but they'll play against Barcelona and we are going to get smashed. Not only that but I think we are going to choke against Olympiakos. No way the recover psychologically from the biggest disaster in the history of Italian football.

2. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    They will turn it into a glorious season. No WC distraction, let's end this in a blaze of glory. Turn the disappointment into anger and tear everyone apart.

phat repped this.
  3. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I also read how this Italy loss will psychologically traumatize the Juventini involved. Honestly, I don't know how anyone could believe that seasoned professionals, who have been playing top level in some cases for 20 years, will be affected by this. I can see if they are injured or lose a step but to be psychologically traumatized for not qualifying? I mean seriously if Buffon and Chiellini didn't lose their minds by being relegated to Serie B during their younger years, I don't see how this Italy elimination will hurt Juventus who is one point from leading the Serie A table...

Falc repped this.
  5. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Hmmmm.....last year's CL loss took a while to get over. Too bad we have to jump right in to the toughest month of the season now.

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah and juventus is really affected by it be one point removed from another scudetto. If they fail it won’t be because Italy got eliminated.

7. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    While Buffon, Chiellini and Barzagli were affected with the loss and ending their international careers, there are also other Italian players on Juve who will miss out on this WC. While he missed out on the last set of qualifiers, this would have been Marchisio's last call to the WC. He likely will not be in the mix for Euro 2020. Then we have Rugani and Bernardeschi who will miss out on their first WC. The experience would have been beneficial for both of them.

The WC will not serve as a distraction for our Italian players. Their focus will be on the CL. Maybe it could be our year. No doubt that the team wants Buffon to go out on a high note.

phat repped this.
  8. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lega Pro President Gabriele Gravina says Italy CT Giampiero Ventura “is to be sacked without even having to think about it”.

The Coach failed to take Italy to the World Cup for the first time since 1958, and there is also pressure on FIGC President Carlo Tavecchio to step down.

“Ventura is to be sacked without even thinking about it,” Gravina said on Radio 24 ahead of today’s meeting in Rome.

“As for Tavecchio’s position, I’d say that resignation is subjective, I don’t think there will be a request for a vote on Tavecchio’s future.

“I’d like to talk about the organisation of Italian football, we need to revolutionise the way we did after Calciopoli.

“We need to strengthen the idea of second teams, semi-professionalism, and we need to get back to staging events like Euro 2024.”

LMAO

9. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I'd love to know how they revolutionized after Calciopoli. We, the side that were punished, revolutionized and you can argue that Juve are now in a better position vis-a-vis their competition in Serie A than we ever have been.

scirea6 repped this.
  10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #2385 falvo, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Exactly. Italy's last two WC first round exits didn't affect Juventus players enroute to their 6 straight scudetti starting in 2011–12 so I don't believe in all these theories. Again, if the players are injured or lose a step, then maybe but the Italian national team losing won't affect Juventus. If anything, i think it will give the national team players more motivation to win. The main problem Italy's national team has is not having players who can put the ball into the back of the net like Higuain and Dybala.

11. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    The only player that is clearly past it is Barzagli. I have no concerns about anyone else.

12. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    With the mental midgets we have in our squad the CL is not gonna happen

ArtemioD repped this.
  13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    scirea6 and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  14. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Milan are ********ed, that's all i know. Broke af and not making the CL.

15. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Milan are ********ed in so many ways, so much crap is coming out about their Chinese overlords now. I wouldn't be surprised if they're sold within the year for even cheaper.

Maybe Juve could pick up a decent GK from them or something.

16. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'm just waiting for Elliot to swoop in and dismantle the club. ******** Milan

scirea6 repped this.
  17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    They are in deep doo doo.

I think Silvio will end up buying them back for a song.

18. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Any chance Milan could be relegated cuz of this fiasco? Fingers crossed.

19. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No chance that will happen

20. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yea because they'll be too busy ceasing to exist for that ;)

21. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  22. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Wow.

23. Daei_10