The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Well honestly I wouldn't say Pocchettino is a top manager by any means but before he was in charge, Tottenham was an upper mid-table EPL team that was always in Europa League but was not in UCL for quite a number of seasons. Never even came close to winning the league.

They had a lot of young talent like Dier, Barkley, Kane, etc. Pocchettino did develop Tottenham into a top EPL team they started to qualify for Champions League and made the knockouts twice. While they never won the league they competed for top spot in a few seasons and was in top 4 for a long time. He definitely deserves credit.

I remember Tottenham in 2014-15, and they were not that good of a team at all that season. He really did change the team. Pocchettino is not a top manager, but he definitely deserves some credit. He even outplayed us for 60% of the tie against us in the 2017-18 UCL round of 16.

2. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He also did that without being able to improve his team in over a year. It's incredible that they almost won a champions league without being able to spend any money during their Champions League final run.

But as already mentioned, he can't be talked about in the top echelon of managers until he wins a trophy or two.

gumbacicc repped this.
  3. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    His teams also play good football. With Tottenham in particular he did a very nice job in developing players that weren't all that highly thought of before he got there. The projection on Harry Kane certainly wasn't that he'd be the player he is today.

We will remember a few years back that, but for the brilliance of our two Argentines, Tottenham should have knocked us out of CL.

4. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Mou and Spurs getting their ass kicked at home against Chelsea

5. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Racist chants towards Rudiger as well

6. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Milan got destroyed by Atalanta today lol :ROFLMAO:

juveeer and Dante repped this.
  7. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Destroyed is an understatement, what an embarrassment.

8. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Hmm I wouldn't call Spurs an upper midtable team prior to Pochettino's arrival. Spurs were close to qualifying to the CL on multiple occasions in the years leading up to his arrival. I agree Pochettino took Spurs to the next level, but players coming into their own and the recruitment of better players played a role in that as well. Also it must be added that Pochettino succeeded shit managers such as AVB and Tim Sherwood, i'd imagine most managers would immediately bring better results after replacing the likes of them.

Overall I'd say Poch is a good manager, but I just find that he get's a bit more credit than he deserves. Haven't really seen anything from Spurs which would make me put his name alongside Klopp, Zidane, Pep, Mou, Ancellotti etc.

9. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Bro trust me I never lost faith in em and took allot of flack for it on some other Juventus sites.
    upload_2019-12-23_6-18-22.png

Now I know the message might seem a bit hesitant, but trust me that was just to prevent any jinxing from occuring ;)

usnroach repped this.
  10. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    He is definitely not a top manager at all. By the way another manager who I believe is very good is Gasperini. I bet he will coach a top team soon.

What he has done with Atalanta is incredible, and also he did pretty well with Genoa as well!

juveeer repped this.
  11. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Gasp is a good manager, but he needs to go to the right "big club". A place like Milan or Inter would be a bad move for him.

ADL has done a good job of keeping Napoli up but they can never get over the hump as long as he is in charge. he is too big a chump to let his managers manage. Gasp should avoid him like the plague.

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Gasperini had a big club at Inter. Moratti sacked him after losing 3–1 to Novara.

13. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Maybe Juventus would be great for Gasperini?

Gosh, is any manager good at Inter at the moment, seriously? Other than the year Mourinho won the treble with them, they've always been pretty inconsistent.

Many managers that have coached them in the past have honestly failed. Conte, Spaletti, Poli, Frank De Boer, Mancini, Benitez, Mazzari, etc all recent ones have definitely done under the expectations.

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Roberto Mancini actually did pretty well. I mean he inhertied the first one from Juve but at that point, Inter hadn't won anything since Giovanni Trapattoni won it all in 1989 with Matheus, Brehme and Klinsmann......

Inter Milan Serie A: 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08

Coppa Italia: 2004–05, 2005–06

Supercoppa Italiana: 2005, 2006

15. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Oh yeah the first time yes but not the second time. I mean post Mourinho era.

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

After Mourinho left Mialn, its been a disaster for both Milanesi teams....

I think Milan won a scudetto before Juve started their trek but that's about it ...

17. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Allegri's Milan was decent but they started to completely collapse after Allegri left.

Or actually I'd say since Berlusconi left the club was in shambles. Even during the dark times of Milan after Allegri before Berlusconi left, they were living up to expectations, they just were not a very talented team at all.

Milan 2016-17 under Montella was honestly not a bad team and were scary at home. Not UCL level or anything like that, but they did beat Juventus at home and were decent in Serie A. Since then they have been in shambles.

In the next two seasons they finished a similar place in the Serie A table, but the difference is they made many reinforcements and were much better on paper, and they couldn't do anything better. Basically they signed all these good players for nothing.

18. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Inter is an Isht club, esp. when Moratti owned them.

You can't hold that against Gasp.

19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #4169 falvo, Dec 23, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    Milan lost all their superstars to old age. They wouldn’t find anyone who would play as well as Pirlo , Gattuso Dida, Abbiati, Nesta and Inzaghi. Before them , they lost Costacurta and Maldini. No one could hold a candle to those guys. Heck at 40 years of age, Maldini was still their best defender.

Well yeah to a point but Moratti won. Thoir and whoever followed him didn’t win anything. They also lost Zanetti and Milito to old age. I am still trying to figure out why they signed Forlan...

20. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Moratti only "won" by getting us dismantled and relegated. And buying our players in a fire sale he created.

Falc repped this.
  21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes this is true but he still won. No one else could. He did win the UEFA Cup I’m the late 1990’s with a pretty decent team.

22. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Mourinho is working hard to get fired in record time :ROFLMAO:

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Simone Inzaghi was a good forward but nothing like his brother Super Pippo. He seems to be turning into a great coach though. He has already tied Sven Goran Eriksson's record in February 1999 with 9 consecutive victories.

juveeer and phat repped this.
  24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    VAR totally saved Inter today, Atalanta should have had a penalty. If it were Juve, it would be all over the news in Italy for the next week. Atalanta deservedly drawing the game so far.

juveeer and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wow! Samir Handanović saving a pk from Luis Muriel!