The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What kind of descrimination is this?

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL, monkey chants towards black players is not racism. Oh wait, you equated it with calling a players mom a whore. Same thing. Yup, Same thing.

As for the artist, he's a hack. Look at the picture above. No originality. What the hell is a western asian and black monkey? He painted chimps with the Serie A ball design on their face, which aren't even monkeys to begin with. It might be artwork, but it's garbage artwork.

Afghan-Juventus and gumbacicc repped this.
  4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not, but nice try.

5. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    This is beyond idiotic. Ask a black guy if he thinks monkey chants directed toward a black player is racist.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  6. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    This guy would say no.

[​IMG]

7. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Afghan-Juventus and Dante repped this.
  8. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If you need to feel so virtuous, why not go ahead and have a banana then.

9. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know what's worse, the fact that you can't comprehend that making a monkey noise to a black person is racist, or the fact that you and your ilk will now go around attempting to make stupid correlations between anything that has anything to do with a gorilla, monkey, chimp, etc. and equating it as racist.

gumbacicc and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  11. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    There is the problem. I am not the one equating such things as racist. It is the left that does it constantly. Look at the reaction at the artist use of apes to say not to racism. Instead of embracing his message, all the idiots could think is how insensitive. So explain to me, why do they associate monkeys, apes and gorillas with black people?

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I heard the explanation of this on RAI but you know, I don't think this would be allowed or tolerated anywhere else in the world. I know it’s to combat racism but it's still not right and it can be taken the wrong way. It would never even be thought of across North America.

gumbacicc repped this.
  13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because racists make monkey noises only to the black people. When's the last time you heard the fans in Serie A make monkey noises to white people??? When was the last time they threw a banana to someone that's white, or asian? It as if you ignore all context to what makes it racist. Just because making monkey noises towards a black person isn't racist for you, doesn't mean it's not racist.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  14. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Man, you are just as tone deaf as the idiots who run Lega Calcio. They recognized Italy has an issue in the way they handle acts of racism. Accordingly (and credit to them for doing so) they engaged in a measure to combat it. The commission of artwork was supposed to be a PR move to show the rest of the world that we are doing things to combat the problem. Instead they go out and commission a guy that was renowned for painting monkeys to promote their initiative.

No one is being critical of the artist. Apparently he does this in an effort to show the world community has the same origin. This is what artists do and people are free to interpret the art as they see fit.

No one thinks the measure was ill-intended. However, where the point of all this was good PR, only a fool would think that commissioning someone who paints monkeys would be a good way to go about this.

Only the utterly incompetent and tone deaf wouldn't recognize that this isn't a good idea because historically monkeys have been associated with racist insults to a person of color. Not everyone is as evolved as you pretend to be on this issue.

Now give it a rest. You sound like an idiot when you defend this point.

usnroach, Afghan-Juventus and Dante repped this.
  15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    A little Schiffism you are practicing this morning. I have condemned insults at players whether they have a racial connotation to it or not. Never have I stated that it was permissible to make monkey noises or to throw bananas. But that is not racism. Racism is much more than insults. That does not make such insults allowable just as yelling at Zaniolo that his mother is a whore should be condoned. But no one gives a crap about that.

But as always, you are missing the message. What did the artist do? He drew three apes, one depicting an Asian, one a westerner (I guess that means white guy) and the third a black with the slogan, No to Racism. So he is trying to minimize an object that has a racial overtone. But no, the left has to confirm that an ape image is nothing else but racist. Just go ahead and feed the trolls will you. Truth is that the left is no better than those idiots who think the same way as they do.

Ape ≠ Black Person

Midfield General repped this.
  16. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The issue is fan behavior and the idea that it is proper to go by any means to disrupt a player on a field. As long as this continues to be ignored, then idiots will make monkey chants towards a black player to get him off his game. It is exactly what the Inter ultras wrote but everyone ignored when they addressed the Lukaku incident. Put an end to all of the shenanigans. Understand that and some of you who are tone deaf may see the light.

Midfield General and juventino13 repped this.
  17. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
  18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4143 Dante, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    A little Trumpism you are practicing, well every time when it comes to racism. You consistently equate racist actions with things that aren't racist. You walk that fine line and say, I've never said it's permissible to make monkey noises, but when the monkey noises are made you dismiss them as being not racist. Just look at your reply

Then you go on and cry about someone calling Zaniolo's mom a whore and how it's the same level as making monkey noises to a black person.

We get it, you don't think making monkey noises towards black people is racist and then you try to get cute and try to turn it around on other people for being racist for equating monkey noise at black people as being racist.

The truth is that people like you don't have a problem with racism and your defense on it here is ample evidence, time and time again.

gumbacicc repped this.
  19. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nothing cute about it. Quit associating monkeys with black people. I have a problem with people like you who redefine racism to drive an agenda to divide people. You have no sense of history. You also have no problem that insults are hurled at players as long as it does not cross your fine line of racism. I say it is all wrong.

20. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right, there is nothing cute about it. I have a problem with people like you who try to deflect and turn things around when it comes to defining what racism is. You go on to say you have no sense of history, that is the utmost height of irony.

21. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Go ahead, turn it on me. Funny how you will not acknowledge the problems with fans insulting players. So you condone such behavior. It is only when the social justice warrior in you rises up when it comes to monkey noises. Of course, the monkey noises are not directed at the other black players on the pitch. Must be selective racism. But you are the expert, so tell me.

22. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    And why have you banned some individuals from engaging in debate on the Juventus forum?

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's only one friend of yours, if you and Pauly want to have racist conversations, there's plenty of other places for it.

24. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Sarri coaches Juve. Ancelotti coaches Everton. Pocchettino unemployed. Weird.

juveeer repped this.
  25. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Never understood what's so special about Pocchettino? Apart from his CL final which was incredibely what did he achieve at Spurs that he wasn't suppose to?

Not a single trophy after 5 years, quite poor. Really should've won the league during Leicester's year.

Wise move on their management's part getting Mou